Yo, BW, put out a date for Gree Event returning.

BurnedRemains

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I have an answer for ya, I even come bearing details! The answer to the first part is that, as you know, you will have a cap of 50 Planetary Commendations. The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.

Hope that clears it up! Nice work chuixupu on trying to clear it up as well as that had "part" of the answer. Go team!

-eric

I'm sorry if its been clarified before, but.. the 50 com cap. is this weekly cap, or general cap? because general cap I can live with, I'll just buy mods/gear I want before running over and continue questing. weekly cap though is unbearable as it severely restricts gearing through planetary rewards for anyone who plays more then few hours a week on a single character.

Boohoo. Woe is you. Take out the components and save them for when you're 45.

Whoa, logic.

Okay okay, I concede... for some reason this just didn't occur to me, I apologize for being just another whiner. Guess I gotta cut down on the deathsticks.

But as for this mount... perhaps a salvaged walker from Ilum's former battleground? Eh?

I wonder when it is too... OH WAIT I KNOW! :rak_03:

Here are the details! Game update 1.7.2 is going live with tomorrow morning's maintenance! That's right, you will be playing the Gree Event once again within 24 hours. Also since I know this will come up, the Gree Event will be running from March 12th - March 26th.

There are some other things I wanted to keep all of you apprised of as well. Aside from the Golden Scalene Armor being embargoed from the Cartel Market, so are a few other items. They are:

• Dire Taskmaster's Robe
  • Dire Overlord's Vestments
  • Dire Warmaster's Body Armor
  • Dire Eliminator's Chestguard
  • Guard Captain's Chestplate
  • CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit
  • CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate
  • Honored Master's Vestments
  • Honored Champion's Robe
  • Honored Sabarist's Harness
  • Honored Adept's Shroud
  • MA-52 Med-tech Chestplate
  • Emergency Responder's Overcoat
  • MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate
  • Jawagram "I Love You"
  • Jawagram "It's A Surprise"

One last thing I wanted to tease... Make sure you check out the Gree Event vendor. You will see what I think is the coolest looking mount in our game to date. Like, seriously it is amazing.

-eric

Errrm, will these items ever return to the cartel market? Its annoying that some great items will dissapear, as far as me levelling my main and any alts, it really limits customization choices for both my Imperial and Republic toons. One of the good thing about the cartel market is being able to dress my light Jaesa like a Jedi, or dress my Jedi in a darker colour scheme than is usually available to Repubs without the Cartel Market.

One last thing I wanted to tease... Make sure you check out the Gree Event vendor. You will see what I think is the coolest looking mount in our game to date. Like, seriously it is amazing.

-eric

I would like to ask: Is this the new cool info that you talked about last week? or are there something else ?

As one last teaser, we have some pretty cool information coming next week, so keep your eyes open for that. :rak_03:

Errrm, will these items ever return to the cartel market? Its annoying that some great items will dissapear, as far as me levelling my main and any alts, it really limits customization choices for both my Imperial and Republic toons. One of the good thing about the cartel market is being able to dress my light Jaesa like a Jedi, or dress my Jedi in a darker colour scheme than is usually available to Repubs without the Cartel Market.

Seems silly to remove them, even if they don't sell well. They could just have a tab for older items rather than taking the choice away from us. I like those BH chest pieces, but they don't suit all my toons and they have a high level requirement, so I haven't bought that many yet. Disappointed with this :/

its part of reputation. it is not supposed to be "special"

When we had an event that only lasted for 2 weeks and had every reason to believe that it wouldn't happen for at least a few months... Well people like me who worked real hard to get the white scalene armour set just might feel a little cheated. I got something I thought would be rare for at least more than a week. Another 2 weeks of the event and pretty much anyone will be able to get the rep for that. If I'd known it would be around so soon I wouldn't have put so much effort in to getting something that I thought few people would achieve.

When we had an event that only lasted for 2 weeks and had every reason to believe that it wouldn't happen for at least a few months... Well people like me who worked real hard to get the white scalene armour set just might feel a little cheated. I got something I thought would be rare for at least more than a week. Another 2 weeks of the event and pretty much anyone will be able to get the rep for that. If I'd known it would be around so soon I wouldn't have put so much effort in to getting something that I thought few people would achieve.

but it was never supposed to be rare in a first place. I know of a LOT of people who made sure to get as much rep as possible to get it quickly, hell, I was one of them. I saw plenty of people wearing it one week after I did, people who didn't cheese the rep, but were still able to get the set quickly enough. didn't bother me.

though I didn't get it because I wanted to look rare - for that there are random drops from flashpoints/operations, rare/expensive speeders or cartel items, etc. personally, I got it, because it was perfect for my trooper and I will continue to use it because it still looks good on my trooper.

rarity is not something I see as reasonable goal, when it comes to vendor items. even if those vendors require a grind to unlock.

rarity is not something I see as reasonable goal, when it comes to vendor items. even if those vendors require a grind to unlock.

At the end of the gree event, very few people on my server had it. I never saw anyone else wearing it. When it's a rep thing, sure rarity isn't a goal for everyone. But like I said - who really expected it would come around this quick. I know a lot of people were trying hard for a particular weapon thinking that only a few people would have them at least for a couple of months. Rarity means uniqueness and anything you can get that not many other people have is a plus. We had every reason to believe that this event wouldn't happen again for quite some time.

There was never any hint it would be every couple of weeks. That means anyone can pretty much have all that gear within a month. If that's really the case then gree items will end up being no more rare or unique than columni gear. If we'd known then a lot of people wouldn't have been in such a mad rush to get enough rep the first time around.

At the end of the gree event, very few people on my server had it. I never saw anyone else wearing it. When it's a rep thing, sure rarity isn't a goal for everyone. But like I said - who really expected it would come around this quick. I know a lot of people were trying hard for a particular weapon thinking that only a few people would have them at least for a couple of months. Rarity means uniqueness and anything you can get that not many other people have is a plus. We had every reason to believe that this event wouldn't happen again for quite some time.

There was never any hint it would be every couple of weeks. That means anyone can pretty much have all that gear within a month. If that's really the case then gree items will end up being no more rare or unique than columni gear. If we'd known then a lot of people wouldn't have been in such a mad rush to get enough rep the first time around.

/shrug.

I don't know about you, but I was in a mad rush to get rep, not because event wasn't coming back - I knew it was coming back sooner or later. I was in a mad rush because I finally found a piece of gear for my trooper that I actually liked the look of.

even if it was a continuous rep grind, rather then event that comes and goes, I would STILL be rushing like mad to get the gear as soon as possible. because I wanted to use it as soon as possible. legend reputation was easily achieved on 2 characters. even on a single character, you could get pretty darn far, especially if you did every single daily.

I guess our expectations differed, buy I personally never expected these items to be rare. with exception of a pet that drops from a rare spawn champion in pvp area. THAT I expected to be rare. and I believe it still is.

to be honest, I'm more disappointed in a fact that its exactly the same event all over again. no new quests or anything

Edited by Jeweledleah

Both previous events were one offs. So things from those events we didn't think we'd be able to get again. This time we knew it would be on again, but I think most people were under the impression it would be quite some time. Having it this often really seems to cheapen the achievement of getting the gree rewards.

to be honest, I'm more disappointed in a fact that its exactly the same event all over again. no new quests or anything

They stated it would be returning when it happened, and the amount of people on illum (9 instances at peak hours) should have been an indication that the gear wouldn't be rare. I don't know what its like on your server, but on POT5 I can't get into a warzone without at least 3 people wearing white scaling armor.

I was kind of hoping that they would change up the quests slightly, but the new mount is sweet, I hope they come out with more awesome ones for other legendary reputation standing, and I'm happy to be able to get some more of the gear from it.

Much like previous events, the gear's pretty common in the week or 2 after but not so much after that. And I think it was reasonable to assume it would be quite a bit longer than that before it would happen again.

If it's going to be this regular then there hardly seems any point taking it away at all. Might as well leave it there all the time like the other new rep grinds and drop all pretense of it being an 'event'.

Both previous events were one offs. So things from those events we didn't think we'd be able to get again. This time we knew it would be on again, but I think most people were under the impression it would be quite some time. Having it this often really seems to cheapen the achievement of getting the gree rewards.

They also stated that the rakghoul event is returning. Granted that will probably be new gear along with it, but the reputation system allows for gear to be "less rare" but require multiple events to acquire.

They stated it would be returning when it happened, and the amount of people on illum (9 instances at peak hours) should have been an indication that the gear wouldn't be rare. I don't know what its like on your server, but on POT5 I can't get into a warzone without at least 3 people wearing white scaling armor.

I was kind of hoping that they would change up the quests slightly, but the new mount is sweet, I hope they come out with more awesome ones for other legendary reputation standing, and I'm happy to be able to get some more of the gear from it.

oh I agree.

I guess my expectations have gotten a bit high too, though. I could have sworn that I read the intention was to have gree show up on different planets, rather then just Illum over and over again.

mount IS pretty cool, I might even be arsed to run Xeno both weeks, to get enough components for it. might. I already have mounts I like on both my 50ties, and my lvl 46 is, well.. lvl 46, not to mention only has like 3 components on her. we shall see. although.. I cannot check right now... is mount bind on legacy? or bind on pickup?

Edited by Jeweledleah

Much like previous events, the gear's pretty common in the week or 2 after but not so much after that.

So your argument is that its not rare enough even though the other event stuff wasn't rare until the "shock" excitement of the gear wore off and people took it off? If anything what is making this gear less rare is how awesome it looks. The lightsabers are longer and thinner which looks way better imo, the special effects on the rifles/pistols/cannons all look really cool too. The weapons were harder to achieve than in other world events, and therefore I think it will probably come back one or two more times.

With a cap on weekly rep, everyone was pretty much out of rep gifts at this point, except for a few exceptions and I like how it may return 2-3 times and then be gone for good. It allows players who weren't able to get on during the initial event to still obtain gear.

Coolest looking MOUNT in-game? Eric, Eric you've been playing too much WoW lately - SPEEDERS, Eric, you guys told us to call them SPEEDERS;)

Nah, I'm just messing with you:p, it's your game call them whatever you want.

And here I always thought the coolest looking mount was Darth Lachris. :rak_03: