Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Obirayy
03.11.2013 , 05:04 PM | #2971
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
If you're going to quit for these reasons, you should really reroll to Bastion, or at least wait around until 2.0 hits.

Before everyone gets their panties in a knot about "betrayal", well hey, these guys were going to quit the game either way. But if you do reroll, once server transfers are up, you can easily transfer your toons back to APAC servers.

The leveling process is not that bad. It's been about a month since I've rerolled and I'm a casual player now by all accounts, but I've already got valor 58 and nearly full WH augmented gear by averaging I think 2-4 hours a day, just enough to do Dailies. Plus, since 2.0 will be a gear reset, if you play like me, you will probably ding 50 just as 2.0 drops and you will start at exactly the same place as everyone else gear-wise, meaning you won't be behind at all.

The ping is not ideal but anyone who has played pretty much any US game from APAC region knows what it's like and it's really not that bad. If you're worried about making new friends, there are plenty of names you will recognize and will welcome you while you make this transition. And we generally don't advertise who has rerolled so you don't have to worry about people freaking out

Or yeah, you can just quit the game. Just saying you've got options.

Can't believe I wrote all that trying to convince you to stay in the game lol. Bioware better give me some cartel coins, I need to buy that Gold Scalene armor set.
Lol nice post and I get you man but all I do is pvp. I've played on the US servers and everything is so delayed that I gave up. I use hutball as an example for some obvious reasons...

1. I can never get the ball in mid before someone else no matter how fast I click it.
2. When I leap to someone up top they have already jumped down and I end up on the ground.
3. When I think I've passed the fire, I haven't snd I end up getting stunned in it.
4. When I try to force push someone it pushes them backwards because they were still running.
5. When I use a medpac at low health It doesn't work cause I'm already dead.

And after writing all of that I just realized I can still cancel my sub and level a toon. Lol I just don't want bioware to get paid because they don't deserve it, screwing us over like this.

A tip for anyone else quitting/canceling their sub. Create characters and transfer 350k to each. This way you can still have millions and not have to worry about the cap. When they hit lvl 50 just level up a new one. Free use of Biowares game until they fix their ****
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Ailie
03.11.2013 , 06:25 PM | #2972
All of those issues you mentioned for pvp, I still get on 80ms ping

Just sayin
Meh...

Obirayy
03.11.2013 , 06:28 PM | #2973
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post

Just sayin
Haha. My ping is only 10ms and spikes to 20ms... Ok ill admit sometimes it hits 60ms
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

darthnish
03.12.2013 , 12:07 AM | #2974
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Lol nice post and I get you man but all I do is pvp. I've played on the US servers and everything is so delayed that I gave up. I use hutball as an example for some obvious reasons...

1. I can never get the ball in mid before someone else no matter how fast I click it.
2. When I leap to someone up top they have already jumped down and I end up on the ground.
3. When I think I've passed the fire, I haven't snd I end up getting stunned in it.
4. When I try to force push someone it pushes them backwards because they were still running.
5. When I use a medpac at low health It doesn't work cause I'm already dead.

And after writing all of that I just realized I can still cancel my sub and level a toon. Lol I just don't want bioware to get paid because they don't deserve it, screwing us over like this.

A tip for anyone else quitting/canceling their sub. Create characters and transfer 350k to each. This way you can still have millions and not have to worry about the cap. When they hit lvl 50 just level up a new one. Free use of Biowares game until they fix their ****
i play at 400~500ms, il admit there are certain times where i want to put my first thru my monitor, but it is manageable on ranged dps classes

OGsam
03.12.2013 , 12:33 AM | #2975

Just sayin
Thank you captain obvious. It gets exponentially worse with more ping, competitive play is not possible for AU players on US servers.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Ailie
03.12.2013 , 12:49 AM | #2976
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
Thank you captain obvious. It gets exponentially worse with more ping, competitive play is not possible for AU players on US servers.
*shrug*

Never really noticed much of a difference tbh, and yeah I play on both.

It's kinda like saying an Aussie League of Legends player can't compete with latency when they regularly do. Just gotta compensate.
Meh...

OGsam
03.12.2013 , 12:51 AM | #2977
*shrug*

Never really noticed much of a difference tbh, and yeah I play on both.

It's kinda like saying an Aussie League of Legends player can't compete with latency when they regularly do. Just gotta compensate.
You missed the part where I said competitive.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala

Ailie
03.12.2013 , 01:02 AM | #2978
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
You missed the part where I said competitive.
Not really... considering I just referenced one of the most competitive games on the planet.
Meh...

PurpleCliff
03.12.2013 , 01:05 AM | #2979
Apoca-merge Now.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

OGsam
03.12.2013 , 01:21 AM | #2980
Not really... considering I just referenced one of the most competitive games on the planet.
./yawn because there's SO[moar O's] many top tier AU LoL teams.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala