yoda's race

DarkJediMage

I have always found it silly that Lucas won't name Yoda's species, it clearly *is* a species, as multiple members exist of it, leave the details a mystery, but to not have a name is just stupid, to draw a parallel to the real world, we have no clue what dark matter is, but we still bloody named it.

It would still be a species even if Yoda was the only member, species is a taxonomic description and as such only requires a single instance for it to be defined.

Well you got to remember George Lucas sold The Star Wars franchise to Disney so you never know the might put the yodas race in the game.

They aren't; GL made it so it would never be named (even after his death, etc). And he still has a strong say about SW.

They aren't; GL made it so it would never be named (even after his death, etc). And he still has a strong say about SW.

There's fantastic delusion... then there's you.

1.) GL did not make any super secret special deal protecting the name of Yoda's species.

2.) GL has only as much say in SW as Disney allows.

That's the whole point behind BUYING, lock stock and barrel, a company as well as ownership to all of that company's assets. Disney holds intellectual ownership of SW. Period. No discussion. No "buts". That's the end of the story. You think share holders would authorize a purchase deal for a product they didn't have COMPLETE control over?

I don't think so.

Disney paid 4 billion, BILLION, dollars for Lucas Arts. If they wanna name Yoda's species "Pootangians" then Yoda's species is now known as "Pootangians".

Disney didn't purchase the "rights" to SW. They bought the whole enchilada. Now GL get's to sit in the back and have his "input" ignored just like he ignored the input of everyone else as he obliterated a once national treasure. And by national treasure I mean the SW and Indiana Jones franchises.

BTW, you people are responding to posts made almost a year ago by players that may or may not even be around anymore.

Edited by Gankstah

There's fantastic delusion... then there's you.

1.) GL did not make any super secret special deal protecting the name of Yoda's species.

2.) GL has only as much say in SW as Disney allows.

That's the whole point behind BUYING, lock stock and barrel, a company as well as ownership to all of that company's assets. Disney holds intellectual ownership of SW. Period. No discussion. No "buts". That's the end of the story. You think share holders would authorize a purchase deal for a product they didn't have COMPLETE control over?

I don't think so.

Disney paid 4 billion, BILLION, dollars for Lucas Arts. If they wanna name Yoda's species "Pootangians" then Yoda's species is now known as "Pootangians".

Disney didn't purchase the "rights" to SW. They bought the whole enchilada. Now GL get's to sit in the back and have his "input" ignored just like he ignored the input of everyone else as he obliterated a once national treasure. And by national treasure I mean the SW and Indiana Jones franchises.

BTW, you people are responding to posts made almost a year ago by players that may or may not even be around anymore.

not completely true, Lucas has and continues to have a lot of say in the overall story of Star Wars, and since Iger and Lucas are on good terms and Lucas is the one that pushed forward with starting on the new movies as well as getting Katherine Kennedy put in place as the head of Lucasarts. Here is a pretty good write up on the whole thing.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-07/how-disney-bought-lucasfilm-and-its-plans-for-star-wars

That said, it's not completely impossible that Disney /could/ push for Yoda's species to be name, particularly if they do a movie based on a young Yoda like has been rumored. While Disney does own the franchise now, Iger has been /VERY/ good about keeping the people in place that know the franchise/companies, ie Marvel and Pixar (and are the reason why Lucas sold the company to Disney in the first place.)

For my own personal opinion I think the only person that knows is Lucas and whither he gave that information to anyone at Lucasarts or not is completely in the air. I would find it a bit cool to find out for sure...but I do enjoy the mystery as well.