Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's Talk Forum Rules

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theUndead
03.11.2013 , 12:20 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by s_w_sanders View Post
I disagree, I think everyone on the forums should know the answers to these questions. I wasn't intimidating I was direct, I'm not going to dance around to get my questions answered. These tell you the future of these forums, and his answers to my questions tell me if the forums are good or bad (no matter what the answers are).
No you were being intimating and somewhat hostile. As such I will repeat your questions are inappropriate and he will not answer them for a few reasons. One he would be giving away polices that are internal and that could cost him his job and two he won't put himself on the line just to satisfy your need for answers. Furthermore do you realize just how huge of a PR nightmare it would cause if that type of info were to be released?

Also on another point. The future of the forums? Please enlighten me how being confronted with inappropriate questions about a companies policies determines its future? Would you go to MacDonald s HG and ask their board of directors how they go about their polices on how to deal with customers?

Seriously if you are so unrusting then it would be better if you did not use the forums as not one of the Bioware employees will reveal such sensitive information.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Leonalis
03.11.2013 , 02:34 AM | #42
So these rules only apply in the english forum?

Eric?

German Version?

chuixupu
03.11.2013 , 03:15 AM | #43
He doesn't work weekends.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Leonalis
03.11.2013 , 04:05 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
He doesn't work weekends.
Is that an alibi?

EricMusco
03.11.2013 , 10:15 AM | #45 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Do these rules not apply to the german forums, or is there any specific reason, why these rules are only available in english and not even linked in the german forums ?

The board rules posted over there, are dated from Nov. 2011.

I am just asking, as many german players were expecting that the german and french parts of the forums would turn into a lawless territory, with the two community managers gone.

But if you change the rules, you might want to at least tell the whole community about it.

(Or maybe I am to fast, and the text is currently being translated ?)
We unfortunately made that post close to the end of the day on Friday, we are actively working on getting it translated as we speak. Should be up today or tomorrow.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
One comment here....

The point scales have changed over time, and points used to expire in many cases (except for a really nasty infraction). So there are forum members with "odd" scores on their accounts compared to the point system you listed above (which I think has been in effect for sometime now... just the penalties are different).

Example: 3 points (with never expire on them). From the earlier days when you had different point scales and different rules on expirations of infractions.

Not sure how (or if) you intend to address this... but I wanted to point it out... as it does not fit well with your 5/10/15 thresholds and it's bound to trigger some issues for you in the future. Or, maybe not.
The math still technically works even in the new system. If you had 3 points in the old system, you will still need 3 more infractions and will hit each benchmark the same. Since from 3 you will go to 8, 13, 18. (so you will hit the 5, 10, and 15 point infraction breakpoints the same).

Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I do wonder if the strict enforcement of these rules will affect accounts. Like if we get banned on forums will we be able to use cartel market or change subscription etc without trouble? Will we be blocked from being able to server transfer in the future etc?
Although already answered in the thread I just want to reconfirm that if you reach 15 points it only affects your ability to post on the forums and nothing else.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wekisan View Post
As this is a discussion of moderation, may we assume you will be perma banning yourself at this point
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
He has to warn himself first.
I literally laughed out loud at my desk. Well played.

Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
I have a question but not sure if i will get a answer to it. But I will answer it anyway. When a thread is locked or removed by communitysupport is that one moderator or a team of them? I mean I know you yourself have locked thread Eric or Aliison but yeah in the beginning we had named mods and wanted to know what happend to them. Sorry if its out of place or you can't answer.
When something is done by the CommunitySupport account it means it was done by someone on the Community team. That is a general account that all of us use.

Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Can you clarify what counts as "calling out" players? Certainly "PlayerX is a speed hacker" or "ToonY is a pro at getting backcapped" is not OK. What about posting screenshots? Videos? Does it matter if the screenie/clip is meant to give props versus shame? Are the server forums treated at all differently?

Thanks for details on the new forum rules, and thanks again for the community team's updated philosophy on communicating with the players.
Your examples are spot on as to what you probably shouldn't do. Things like posting links to screenshots and videos are ok in some circumstances but these types of things should never be done in a negative way (similar to your prior examples).

We certainly give the server forums a little more leeway in this regard but I think as long as everyone remains respectful with their intent, you will be ok.

One specific thing I want to call out is claims of exploiters/hacking etc, including the posting of screenshots and videos. These types of posts do break the rules and are not acceptable but, if you ever feel that someone is using a hack or an exploit, please report them to CS. That is the appropriate channel for something like that.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Joesixxpack
03.11.2013 , 10:37 AM | #46
I haven't gotten any warnings or infractions like some of the evildoers in this thread .

That I know of anyway... Where would they show up if I did? Email linked to account, in a PM, etc.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

CourtneyWoods
03.11.2013 , 11:24 AM | #47 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
I haven't gotten any warnings or infractions like some of the evildoers in this thread .

That I know of anyway... Where would they show up if I did? Email linked to account, in a PM, etc.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies.
Hey Joesixxpack,

You will always receive a PM if any of your posts warranted a warning, infraction, or permaban. So if you haven't received a PM, you are in the clear.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Leonalis
03.11.2013 , 12:12 PM | #48
Why are you not posting all 3 languages ​​at the same time?

JPryde
03.11.2013 , 12:16 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Leonalis View Post
Why are you not posting all 3 languages ​​at the same time?
Because there is not a single person left in Austin, that can speak german or french, maybe ?

Honestly, translating that half page is a matter of 30 minutes. We do not expect perfect german for a long time anyway, as we are used to not getting it.

But Posting the english version and not posting a german or french version for THREE days is only strengthening the arguments of haters, who claim, that you basically do not give a dime about the european communities.
And please do not post that you do care a great deal, cause by your own rules, it is not allowed to post false information. If you want to convince us, then post the info and not some excuses or promises. Even a fanboys patience wears thin by now.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

s_w_sanders
03.11.2013 , 12:33 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
No you were being intimating and somewhat hostile. As such I will repeat your questions are inappropriate and he will not answer them for a few reasons. One he would be giving away polices that are internal and that could cost him his job and two he won't put himself on the line just to satisfy your need for answers. Furthermore do you realize just how huge of a PR nightmare it would cause if that type of info were to be released?

Also on another point. The future of the forums? Please enlighten me how being confronted with inappropriate questions about a companies policies determines its future? Would you go to MacDonald s HG and ask their board of directors how they go about their polices on how to deal with customers?

Seriously if you are so unrusting then it would be better if you did not use the forums as not one of the Bioware employees will reveal such sensitive information.
You are aware the mcdonalds analogy isn't a very good one. As mcdonalds is mostly franchises and the franchisee makes decisions regarding proper customer service and the corporate rules are only a guideline.

As for being untrusting if your not untrusting to most people you're making a mistake, people will stab you in the back in a heartbeat. Questioning them and leaving specific rules in place are the only ways to keep people in line. If it is left to forum moderators discretion then the power will corrupt him because absolute power corrupts absolutely.