Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For the 100th Time please FIX Green Lightsabers!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
For the 100th Time please FIX Green Lightsabers!!!

AdamChattaway
03.11.2013 , 08:15 AM | #1
Yes so yet again i shall make another post about the green lightsabers blurr/fuzzy glow effect.

In beta you had the original green lightsaber it looked like the movies and other games was darker green and just like in the red, blue sabers you could see the plasma blade and then the glow that's all.

Now we have multiple shades of yellow/green in between the plasma blade and outer glow resulting in what i shall call a BLOB SABER because it looks like something off of gundam wing, not a lightsaber, 1 big fat rave stick is not what we should have.

If you zoom in close on the green saber you can see the extra layers of shading added in between the inner and outer glow resulting in what from char distance its a big blob glow.

So please add the old style green sabers back, below are some pics to show you comparison.

CURRENT GREEN

OLD ORIGINAL GREEN
Electronic Arts, Inc...Nowhere else in the galaxy will you find such a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Never_Hesitate
03.11.2013 , 08:16 AM | #2
pleas don't "fix" them, I really like the color they have
waiting for ...

AdamChattaway
03.11.2013 , 08:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
pleas don't "fix" them, I really like the color they have
So you like something that doe snot look like a green lightsaber form star wars? sorry but i think you are not a star wars fan and prob play a trooper, bye bye.
Electronic Arts, Inc...Nowhere else in the galaxy will you find such a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

SWGEvictee
03.11.2013 , 08:45 AM | #4
There are those who prefer the current green saber looks. However those who do and those who don't can both be made happy by returning the original looks as a new crystal in game. Everyone wins and no one loses.

AdamChattaway
03.11.2013 , 09:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
There are those who prefer the current green saber looks. However those who do and those who don't can both be made happy by returning the original looks as a new crystal in game. Everyone wins and no one loses.
That would work to, but the reason remains why they changed it in the first place, the original is clearly the proper look of a green lightsaber, the current look should be a lime green crystal not green

SWGEvictee
03.11.2013 , 09:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
That would work to, but the reason remains why they changed it in the first place, the original is clearly the proper look of a green lightsaber, the current look should be a lime green crystal not green
except that they have already introduced Lime Green crystals in game through the cartel packs. In my opinion while not as good as the original green from beta they are far better than the current base green. If they were to reintroduce the original look calling it emerald or dark green would work nicely.

JediMasterRevan
04.23.2013 , 11:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
except that they have already introduced Lime Green crystals in game through the cartel packs. In my opinion while not as good as the original green from beta they are far better than the current base green. If they were to reintroduce the original look calling it emerald or dark green would work nicely.
Saddly I would even pay w/e it took to get that from the cartel if they did it like the Orange/Yellow crystal. Been using blue for a good while now and I mean...generally I start a SW game using blue for like the first part of the game then go with my loved green. This is the longest I'd been using blue...
(}H|||||H(|[ █████████████████████████████████████) When Darkness Falls...We Are Reborn Fix Green sabers!!!

Alec_Fortescue
04.23.2013 , 11:58 AM | #8
/signed I'd like properly-looking green.

DMCian
06.03.2013 , 03:23 AM | #9

MastaKorgy
06.03.2013 , 04:50 AM | #10
+1 bumped for excellence.

I too found this frustrating.
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞