Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated: Consular Sage Melee should scale with Willpower Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Consolidated: Consular Sage Melee should scale with Willpower Thread

Melanchior
02.13.2013 , 01:45 PM | #171
Necro bump for support.

I see no reason for Sages not to have this. Even if melee attacks were made stronger, it wouldn't be OP at all. It will give them an additional option without changing the overall effect.

ottoisblotto
03.01.2013 , 12:05 AM | #172
Bump as well
this thread merits attention from the devs

RaineyDaze
03.05.2013 , 03:42 PM | #173
Are the people against this even reading the OP? It clearly states that they don't want to make the base melee attacks make the sage melee a viable option. I do think that it should be based off the primary stat just like every other classes base attacks are. To keep it from being over powered devs just have to scale back the amount it affects dmg. If you think this is rediculous then keep in mind that both saber strike and double strike are not sage skills, they are consular skills and sages are consulars just like shadows are.
For all those are arguing against it are probably those other classes that want the "insert sword here for free xp" kills in pvp.
Still not enough? I concede. Leave it as it is, but in return make all base skills for all classes dmg scale to something not their main stat and you'll never hear a word about this from another sage.
I didn't throw it at you! I just threw it to you while you weren't looking.

DonkeyGobbler
03.08.2013 , 08:19 AM | #174
I play many classes at level 50 so I feel I can talk with some authority (rather than the usual miopic "you killed my class and buffed all the others" knee-jerk balance reactions that pop up constantly).

I like my Sage, a lot. It's my most played toon. However, I never understood why there wasn't a useful free attack - all the other classes have one. Whether it should be ranged or not is a different question. As is stands I doubt any high level Sage even has them on their quickbars. I'm currently levelling a Sorc and they became useless after the first planet.

Another point to consider. BW is removing stunned attacks with 2.0 because of lack of use and ability bloat. I fail to believe that any Sage uses strike more than tumult. So, by that logic, those two basic melee skills should go too.

Quote:
However, we needed to cut down on the ability bloat our Combat system has currently. These abilities had very specific functions, requirements and left a lot of new players confused about if they should place the it on their hotbar/hotkey it or even be using the ability at all. We see that these are the least used abilities by far in the game and if we can cut down on them and make it a little more streamlined it will help players across the board.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...24#post5950924

I don't know what would confuse a new MMO-playing Sage more, having a free kick on a stunned mob, or having a character who cannot utilise his main physical weapon effectively in any situation at all.

Chemic_al
03.08.2013 , 05:30 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
Are the people against this even reading the OP? It clearly states that they don't want to make the base melee attacks make the sage melee a viable option.
Then give me one good reason why you learn sabre strike and thrash as a neophyte inquisitor, what other AC has TWO basic attacks nerfed to the point of redundancy upon picking their AC. And why does the class description mention "deadly sabre attacks", if you're not supposed to use them?

Either way there's no good reason not to allow willpower on sabre attacks. End of.

RaineyDaze
03.11.2013 , 06:59 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Then give me one good reason why you learn sabre strike and thrash as a neophyte inquisitor, what other AC has TWO basic attacks nerfed to the point of redundancy upon picking their AC. And why does the class description mention "deadly sabre attacks", if you're not supposed to use them?

Either way there's no good reason not to allow willpower on sabre attacks. End of.
You clearly didn't read my whole post. I am in support of this. I was just pointing out to all the nay-sayers that OP wasn't asking that our class being a melee viable class to replace the others. Read whole quote, not just the first line and go into rage mode.
I didn't throw it at you! I just threw it to you while you weren't looking.