Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Imperial Trooper Armor? Why not on GTN?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Imperial Trooper Armor? Why not on GTN?

Sildrin's Avatar


Sildrin
03.03.2013 , 05:08 PM | #1
I know it was a Collector's Edition goodie, but with the Republic having access to their own trooper armor, and their officer uniform being available for CE, why is the Empire trooper armor only to CEs? I know we can look like Imperial officers, sort of, but it isn't the same.

A solution could be to put the Imperial Trooper outfit on the GTN for people who want to be in "Imperial Trooper" guilds, or RP as troopers, or just like the way it looks, (and BioWare wins because that's $$$), and then come out with another outfit for CE, give that to them for free via in-game mail, and everyone wins.

Battle_Brother's Avatar


Battle_Brother
03.03.2013 , 11:18 PM | #2
I would pay money for that, just being honest. Would be pretty fun seeing Imp Troopers vs Rep Troopers in WZ's.
Bioshocked of Chilastra, SWG

Lanuria's Avatar


Lanuria
03.08.2013 , 06:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildrin View Post
I know it was a Collector's Edition goodie, but with the Republic having access to their own trooper armor, and their officer uniform being available for CE, why is the Empire trooper armor only to CEs? I know we can look like Imperial officers, sort of, but it isn't the same.

A solution could be to put the Imperial Trooper outfit on the GTN for people who want to be in "Imperial Trooper" guilds, or RP as troopers, or just like the way it looks, (and BioWare wins because that's $$$), and then come out with another outfit for CE, give that to them for free via in-game mail, and everyone wins.
It may be a lore issue. A lot of the soldiers in the Empire are basically cannon fodder and the class that wears heavy armor on the Imperial side are bounty hunters and Sith, so thus, the heavy armor is designed for them.

That being said, I'd love to see some Imp armor away from the CE.

Captain_Lurker's Avatar


Captain_Lurker
03.10.2013 , 06:32 PM | #4
I assume the OP is wanting the Imperial Trooper armor on the Cartel Market? The reason that the Imperial Trooper armor is not on GTN is because it is bind on pick up, preventing the CE players from trading it at all (even among their own characters). I am not sure why any player would want to RP an Imperial Trooper, as an above poster points out, they are treated as cannon fodder, just a step above droids (if that). The Imperial Trooper set is great for companions though (especially Quinn, Lt. Pierce, and Talos).

I am mixed on taking it from the CE vendor and "replacing it with something else". First CE vendor is suppose to have CE only items (giving CE owners exclusive items) and what makes the next item not be nice for the CE owner but not wanted by others? I wouldnt mind seeing CE vendor modified (heck a few new items would be real nice) from "exclusive items" to new items first and for less. Would make the vendor valuable to CE owners and hopefully prevent item envy.

ivonbeton's Avatar


ivonbeton
05.20.2013 , 11:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Lurker View Post
I assume the OP is wanting the Imperial Trooper armor on the Cartel Market? The reason that the Imperial Trooper armor is not on GTN is because it is bind on pick up, preventing the CE players from trading it at all (even among their own characters). I am not sure why any player would want to RP an Imperial Trooper, as an above poster points out, they are treated as cannon fodder, just a step above droids (if that). The Imperial Trooper set is great for companions though (especially Quinn, Lt. Pierce, and Talos).

I am mixed on taking it from the CE vendor and "replacing it with something else". First CE vendor is suppose to have CE only items (giving CE owners exclusive items) and what makes the next item not be nice for the CE owner but not wanted by others? I wouldnt mind seeing CE vendor modified (heck a few new items would be real nice) from "exclusive items" to new items first and for less. Would make the vendor valuable to CE owners and hopefully prevent item envy.
Reason being that most BH armour doesn't look so great while the imperial trooper armour looks pretty sweet

TheWhacko's Avatar


TheWhacko
05.20.2013 , 12:05 PM | #6
For the record, there's now some new Imperial trooper armor at the Reputation vendor on Makeb. Just saying.
If you DON'T support Playable Wookiees, Ewoks, or Jawas, add this to your Signature

Jaing's Avatar


Jaing
05.21.2013 , 09:29 AM | #7
1) get to champion standing with Makeb
2) send an imperial player to the Makeb orbital station
3) buy the imperial armor from the makeb reputation vendor.
4) send the BoL armor to any character you want.
5) recolor as desired.
6) profit??? (no, not really, but you can get imperial armor on the republic side)

* Makeb rep vendor has 2 sets of armor for republic players, and 2 different sets for empire players.
* All 4 sets are bind on legacy, but each faction can only buy 2 of the sets.

** CE owners were not happy to see a recolored version of exclusive armor made available in game. Now the rep armor can be dyed to look like the CE armor, while the CE armor can't be dyed, for some reason.
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

TheWhacko's Avatar


TheWhacko
05.21.2013 , 10:45 AM | #8
Dunno why they CE people are angry. It isn't a recolored version. Its a variant on the Imperial trooper armor. Different helmet, different chestplate.
If you DON'T support Playable Wookiees, Ewoks, or Jawas, add this to your Signature

Kormad's Avatar


Kormad
05.21.2013 , 01:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWhacko View Post
Dunno why they CE people are angry. It isn't a recolored version. Its a variant on the Imperial trooper armor. Different helmet, different chestplate.
They'd be understandably mad even if it's similar. It was one of the perks to spending the extra money to get a CE.
Guerrilla
Rilana | Courmac | Avnen | Jyen | Snuggies

Miskenzar's Avatar


Miskenzar
05.25.2013 , 03:06 AM | #10
They havent done anything special for the CE owners... most of the CE stuff is junk. Sure there are special armor but meh, its no more special then any other set of armor you pick up while adventuring.