Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So question about the Clone wars itself

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So question about the Clone wars itself

Ventessel
03.10.2013 , 11:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I only point to one thing.

Palpatine could of never pulled off order 66 if the separatists had won. Remember Palpatine's plan was to weaken the jedi order and have them fighting a war that had most of their knights separated and alone completely dependent on the Grand army.

Separatists were merely a means to an end for Palpatine.
Well, actually Order 66 took place in the middle of the war. Right after Order 66, Darth Vader wiped out the Separatist leaders, putting an end to the civil war.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
Kaggath Brawl: Round One Round Two
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

TalonVII
03.10.2013 , 03:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Well, actually Order 66 took place in the middle of the war. Right after Order 66, Darth Vader wiped out the Separatist leaders, putting an end to the civil war.
Cause ol palp's kept tabs on them. Palpatine could of done that at ANYTIME he so chose. The clone wars was a SHAM.

It was a pretext to do 2 things. 1 get rid of the jedi, 2 cement him as undisputed ruler of the galaxy.

If you remember ep III when obi-wan was talking to Padme to find Anakin right before Mustafar. What he said about the war hit the nail right on the head.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Ventessel
03.10.2013 , 04:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Cause ol palp's kept tabs on them. Palpatine could of done that at ANYTIME he so chose. The clone wars was a SHAM.

It was a pretext to do 2 things. 1 get rid of the jedi, 2 cement him as undisputed ruler of the galaxy.

If you remember ep III when obi-wan was talking to Padme to find Anakin right before Mustafar. What he said about the war hit the nail right on the head.
Well... obviously its a sham. I'm just saying that Palpatine may not have been perfectly honest with Dooku. He could easily have told him the Clone Wars were being engineered to destroy the Jedi, and let Dooku believe that they would then lead the CIS to final victory after that objective was achieved. Clearly Palpatine always planned on turning the Republic into the Empire, but he's a lying, manipulative son of a you-know-what. It just fits Dooku's character better if he was allowed to believe in the Confederacy.

As for Obi-Wan's comment, yeah it's great that he realized that after the war. He played his part quite nicely all along though, never asked a question, never wondered about the whole shady premise of the Grand Army appearing right when it did, etc.

I mean, it was awfully nice of the Separatists to wait to start their rebellion until right when the Clones were just getting ready. Ten years is a long way in advance to prepare for a succession that hasn't happened yet...
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
Kaggath Brawl: Round One Round Two
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

RixoFutu
03.11.2013 , 02:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Interesting thought, but let's remember that Dooku was aware and apart of Sidious' plan to take over the Republic from the inside and establish a new Sith Empire.r.
There is no Sith Empire. It's just Galactic Empire. Sith Empire's are history.
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Aurbere
03.11.2013 , 03:04 PM | #15
There would never be a huge victory for the Seperatists. At least, not anything game changing. Sidious was playing both sides of the war and was making sure that any advantage the seperatists could get would be rendered void by a Republic victory, or vice-versa.

The Clone War was filled with many minor victories, very few major wins for either side. The Seperatists and Republic forces were spread thin across the galaxy, making Order 66 easier to accomplish.

So suffice to say, if the Seperatists were to ever gain any game-changing victory, Sidious would ensure the Republic pushed back even harder. Like Mace Windu said in the first Clone Wars "For every world that is liberated, another is taken, prolonging this conflict."
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku