Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High HP Maruder is a No No? Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
High HP Maruder is a No No? Why?

Thundergulch
03.02.2013 , 03:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I have a marauder full 63 BiS, 2x Elite War hero relic, I have 21k HP.. If you have more than that you are doing something wrong, you are losing offensive stats.
Pretty much this.

Mercathode
03.04.2013 , 01:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I thought I posted a second reply, but it looks like the forums ate it. I hope it was tasty.

I just wanted to add that a lot of your woes come from running Focus/Rage. You're playing a spec with immense, front-loaded AOE damage, in a game where the tanking classes all have poor AOE threat at best, and are constrained by a long CD on their AOE taunt.

There's nothing wrong with that per se (you can play the game how you want), although it's generally considered non-viable for serious progression operations because the single target damage is significantly lower. Just realise that these issues with threat are basically a fact of life for your spec.
They must have b/c I just saw this reply today.
Yeah, it's something that I have to deal with. I probably take more threat than I should just b/c of that. When the tank sucks and the healer doesn't keep up, I have to stay out of the fray more which is counter to the spec I play.

The weakness is when enemies are cc'd and its close quarters. I have gotten quite adept at moving just far enough not to catch the napping enemy with smashes. Sometimes people panic and yell no AOE's!!!! but 99% of the time nobody wakes up.

It's all about enjoyment. I tried the other specs and they weren't as fun (for me).

Mercathode
03.04.2013 , 01:43 PM | #13
Speaking of specs...the guy who originally told me I was spec'd all wrong said he had 1600 Power (non-buffed) and 2300 with a cube.

1st that would mean he would need an average of 114.29 points of power per slot of equip-able items (there are 14). Assuming he augmented everything with a +18 Power Augment that still leaves 96.29 avg Power rating per slot!!!!

2nd he said his strength was 1700ish and crit 30% with surge around 76% and 21k hp's AND accuracy around 106%.This doesn't seem likely with that much power

3d is there such a thing as a +700 Power Cube?

All with 63 level mods. This seems kind of high for 63 level mods. I'm mostly 61 and would have to give up ALLOT to attain 1600 Power. Was he full of BS?

sithhunter_
03.04.2013 , 02:01 PM | #14
Probably, yes. ^^

I too am mostly 63'd out as a sentinel, forgive me for not knowing the correct lingo for marauders but i would suggest at least trying the bleed spec. It is typically the highest pure dps spec for raids, or at least that i have found. It's slightly more complex than smash monkey spec, but the results will be much better for you in general.

Im not looking at my stats right this second, but i know with my current spec and gear, stimmed and buffed, i sit at about 2150 STR, 106% ACC, 31% crit, 74% srg, and roughly 800 pwr with a DG relic that adds i believe 105 more. I sit at a little over 20k HP.

Smash is great for PvP but if you dont play that i would suggest at least trying the bleed spec, it will take some preactice and reitemizing your gear, but it will be worth it. Not saying that my itemization is perfect but it works for me, i run a hybrid spec and on a dummy put out roughly 2200 max was 2500 on the council in EV NiM.

As mentioned by you before you will have problems with cc's in progression raids if your smashing and will probably cause some wipes :P. Hope it helps and good luck
Textbook Execution
The Harbinger
Klah'quin Troublemaker, Deposer of the Dread Masters

Strainge
03.04.2013 , 04:48 PM | #15
I can't add much to this that others haven't nailed already, except 1 thing. You said your hp was that level "with a stim". Were you using a fortitude stim? You should be using a might stim. Always.

verfallen
03.10.2013 , 03:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sithhunter_ View Post
Probably, yes. ^^

I too am mostly 63'd out as a sentinel, forgive me for not knowing the correct lingo for marauders but i would suggest at least trying the bleed spec. It is typically the highest pure dps spec for raids, or at least that i have found. It's slightly more complex than smash monkey spec, but the results will be much better for you in general.

Im not looking at my stats right this second, but i know with my current spec and gear, stimmed and buffed, i sit at about 2150 STR, 106% ACC, 31% crit, 74% srg, and roughly 800 pwr with a DG relic that adds i believe 105 more. I sit at a little over 20k HP.

Smash is great for PvP but if you dont play that i would suggest at least trying the bleed spec, it will take some preactice and reitemizing your gear, but it will be worth it. Not saying that my itemization is perfect but it works for me, i run a hybrid spec and on a dummy put out roughly 2200 max was 2500 on the council in EV NiM.

As mentioned by you before you will have problems with cc's in progression raids if your smashing and will probably cause some wipes :P. Hope it helps and good luck

Hybrid? Rage/anni? (focus/WM)

That build might look nice on short fight, there is no way you can compensate the loss of annihilate through smashes.