Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How I cope with the prequel trilogy (prequel lovers move along)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How I cope with the prequel trilogy (prequel lovers move along)

Alorithan
03.10.2013 , 12:18 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by calypsissmexy View Post
(

This explains how you get ridiculous elements like Anikan being concieved by the force, midi-chlorians, Obi-Wan not wanting to train the boy, then for weak reasons training him anyway, the council not wanting to train him, then for no reason whatsoever deciding to allow training him, the ridiculously unbelievable love story in which Anikan acts like a creepy douche 99% of the time yet still convinces Padme to marry him after 3 days, Mace Windu and all the Jedi's epic stupidity, etc.)
Anakin wasn't concieved by the force itself. Plagueis and Sidious' manipulations of force energy sent out ripples that did it. (That's the short answer). I'll give you midi-chlorians. Obi-wan wasn't Qui-gon. Obi-wan believed that the Council was pretty much infalliable, an extension of the Jedi Code. However he worshipped the ground Qui-gon walked on. So to obey the dying wish of his hero isn't exactly "weak" at all. Anakin was too old for training. Period. That's the rules, however They knew Obi-Wan was so desperate to obey his masters last request they couldn't stop him so they grudgingly allowed it rather than kick a powerful jedi knight out of the order. Padme and Anakin knew each other for years. At least a decade. Is it really that hard to assume they fell in love, especially when most of their interactions were off camera? Not really. Mace Windu and the Jedi were hardly stupid. They were fooled by one of the most powerful Sith Lords the galaxy had ever seen.

If you want to pick at flaws, at least find flaws. Not just things you don't like or understand.

Kaedusz
03.10.2013 , 12:29 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Alorithan View Post
They were fooled by one of the most powerful Sith Lords the galaxy had ever seen.
/facepalm

LadyKulvax
03.10.2013 , 12:31 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
/facepalm
Not sure what's the facepalm for, he's right.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
03.10.2013 , 01:04 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Not sure what's the facepalm for, he's right.
I think he was doing that, because the quote says "one of" and not THE.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Alorithan
03.10.2013 , 01:29 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I think he was doing that, because the quote says "one of" and not THE.
I...have trouble admitting that Sidious was the most powerful because of Vader. Don't get me wrong, in no point did Vader ever surpass Sidious, but he could have had he not gotten his limbs hacked to pieces. I understand that Sidious was, but at the same time I feel like that's a disservice to what Vader could have been, if that makes sense.

LadyKulvax
03.10.2013 , 01:32 PM | #36
I...have trouble admitting that Sidious was the most powerful because of Vader. Don't get me wrong, in no point did Vader ever surpass Sidious, but he could have had he not gotten his limbs hacked to pieces. I understand that Sidious was, but at the same time I feel like that's a disservice to what Vader could have been, if that makes sense.
He only became 80% of Sidious, he had the potential for 200%, simple as that, Sidious was the greatest Sith of all time.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
03.10.2013 , 01:35 PM | #37
Could have being the key words, simple fact is...Vader didn't and Palpatine is. Though I don't see how its a disservice to Vader, he still became much more powerful afterwords.

Kaedusz
03.10.2013 , 01:50 PM | #38
Palpatine/Darth Sidious is my favorite character in the SW movies,party because Ian McDiarmid is an excellent actor.
But comon... when people say ''the most powerful'' or ''one of the most powerful'' in GALACTIC HISTORY,or something like that ... its rediciluos.
Yes he is maybe the most powerful sith in Bane's line and the most powerful being in his timeline,but even this is controversial because i am not sure he was really more powerful than Plagueis..Surely he is the most powerful force user in his time after Plagueis died.
But just because he is the main movie antagonist and some people decided to milk the stories from the movies in Dark Empire and other amateur fan fiction where he was overinflated and made into a god and other such nonsense doesn't mean squat imo.
All *real* evidence of his power is in the movies and in the Plagueis novel.Best case scenario he is *one* of the most powerful sith.But *the most powerful* .... this is just SW movies fanboy nonsense.

But enough of this,there is whole another thread here about how powerful Palpatine is.

Concerning Vader - yes he could have been the most powerful jedi/sith ever ,bla,bla,bla .fact of the matter is :he is a joke since Mustafar happened.

Wolfninjajedi
03.10.2013 , 01:58 PM | #39
Palpatine/Darth Sidious is my favorite character in the SW movies,party because Ian McDiarmid is an excellent actor.
But comon... when people say ''the most powerful'' or ''one of the most powerful'' in GALACTIC HISTORY,or something like that ... its rediciluos.
Yes he is maybe the most powerful sith in Bane's line and the most powerful being in his timeline,but even this is controversial because i am not sure he was really more powerful than Plagueis.Surely he is the most powerful force user in his time after Plagueis died.
But just because he is the main movie antagonist and some people decided to milk the stories from the movies in Dark Empire and other amateur fan fiction where he was overinflated and made into a god and other such nonsense doesn't mean squat imo.
All *real* evidence of his power is in the movies and in the Plagueis novel.Best case scenario he is *one* of the most powerful sith.But *the most powerful* .... this is just SW movies fanboy nonsense.

But enough of this,there is whole another thread here about how powerful Palpatine is.

Concerning Vader - yes he could have been the most powerful jedi/sith ever ,bla,bla,bla .fact of the matter is :he is a joke since Mustafar happened.
Even taking away Post-ROTJ, its still stated that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord ever and he was better then his master. Also Vader a joke after Mustafar? Hardly..but anyway this isn't the thread for this, so ending it here.

Alorithan
03.10.2013 , 02:03 PM | #40
Yes he is maybe the most powerful sith in Bane's line and the most powerful being in his timeline,but even this is controversial because i am not sure he was really more powerful than Plagueis..Surely he is the most powerful force user in his time after Plagueis died.

I find it interesting that you consider G-canon to be SW movies fanboy nonsense. When something is the ultimate in canon it's...well...canon.