Do you want to be able to stab Imps. with knives?

KillaDeuce

I dunno... There's always that suspension of disbelief factor you have to watch out for. While weapon-swaps are easy for the classes with guns, it's hard to picture a Consular shooting lightning and deathfields constantly. With a very limited legacy ability? Maybe. But not as their bread and butter attacks.

I'm sure there may have been discussions abound but I figure this thread is just as good.

Instead of a shiv off hand I would have preferred that the scoundrel AC had the option to use a vibrosword main hand and keep the scatter gun off hand. Like some kind swashbuckler of sorts, you know a space pirate and all. I understand that it's based around Han and shooting a blaster but I don't see why they couldn't give you a few mirrored melee abilities that we could replace the blaster one's with on the hotbar. Leave both options available so if people want to use the blaster they can (and the melee attacks obviously wouldn't work while the blaster was equipped and vice versa).

I'm guessing the tricky part with this would be trying to incorporate a melee ability that mirrors a 30m attack. The 10m attacks shouldn't be much of a problem though.

The operative should have been blaster/shiv as well instead of rifle/shiv. Or duel shivs even. 30m basic attack; shiv throw.

• 2 months later...
Within reason. It is bad enough to see Sith running around as Jedi Knights and Consulars, Troopers etc. Troopers running around in slave outfits.

there is nothing wrong with sith running around as jedi knights or consulars. considering that they are not truly pureblood there are plenty of roleplaying ways to make it work. For example my jedi knight is the son of a pureblood and former human slave that had, in fear of me being sent to the academy, smuggled me to the republic via nar shadaa when i was born being of red skin and tendrils.

From there the jedi took notice of me and trained me for years in secret working to pacify my natural predisposition to the dark. I was one of their toughest assignements but due to the intense training was able to overcome my disposition for the dark and see the error of my kins way. Having that extra training and willpower has made my Sith pureblood resistant to mind control, and the darkside and aided in my endeavors for the republic...

and thats just my story, there are plenty of other ways to roleplay a sith pureblood in the republic for any reason. gotta remember in the grand scheme of things any pc thats in the republic is just 1 billionth of a percent of the population of the galaxy so even if it appears common or odd would make sense that there would be a blending of the lines.

but there is not a single valid point i could see for a jedi consular or knight to start using incredibly dark abilities like force lightning or force scream that are sith in nature. especially seeing as for a lot of the "dark" side choices ive had for the jedi are more about how you see service. and your duty in your role. i think in a lot of cases dark side choices fit a shadows role as eliminator and enforcer while light side would fit a sages role...

and sniper rifles make little sense for a gunslinger smuggler whos built a reputation as a quick draw wise cracking smuggler. i would have serious reservations about any smuggler that has that mystique of being armed just enough to get out of trouble and go unnoticed rolling around with what would equate to a 50 cal... a weapon designed and used for killing marks...

now if you want to give snipers to bounty hunters, or carbines to bounty hunters. or pistols to troopers thats a different situation in general. but i think smugglers are pretty locked into pistiols just as the force users are fairly locked into their ability. (agents have a lot of wiggle room though)

Edited by antiheroxi

I do want legacy cross-faction skill swaps. Would make sense for a Dark Jedi to choke enemies instead of stasising them. Would make sense for a DS Consular to dabble in sorcery. Likewise, would make sense for a LS Sith to take a more disciplined, introspective path and use "clean" powers.

As far as NFUs go, I can totally see Smugglers stab things with knives and Agents go Teras Kasi on someone's backside.