Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Synthweaving totaly useless?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Synthweaving totaly useless?

Maaajk
03.07.2013 , 12:47 PM | #1
My main character is a 50 Conceal/lethality concealment Operative, however i maxed synthweaving after already having max biochem on my other 50, it feels so useless and wasted time/skill to have.
What should i get instead? It feels like i can buy wz med packs +exotech stims(or whatever the new will be in 2.0)
but what craft skills are usefull?

I do dailys, gonna try and do some raids if op will be usefull other then that i only pvp.

Also got 4x Marauder i plan on doing moore pve but still mainly pvp with, i put biochem on him, but same there, can use exotech and wz med packs..

Thnx for all ur help and suggestions

JMCH
03.07.2013 , 06:43 PM | #2
Cybertech is the only other viable end-game crafting crew skill, because of the re-useable grenades.

If your intent is making profit, SW/Armormech can craft augment kits and some valuable augments some will rush as soon as 2.0 hits live.

Maaajk
03.07.2013 , 11:08 PM | #3
sure i have plans on making money, but i dont get it for only the money, i want something thats usefull and worth doing, i got synthw 400 and its skills along, but never crafted anything...

ScarletBlaze
03.07.2013 , 11:26 PM | #4
I mainly craft the augment kits and I have some purple augments. At times I do craft the mod outfits I havel

Just depends on what you want to do.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

TalkingDinosaur
03.07.2013 , 11:52 PM | #5
Unless I totally missed something, but does the Perfect Upari Crystal still have no use? By the time 2.0 arrives it's going to be outdated. Starting to feel dumb for actually taking the time to collect some.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

JamieKirby
03.08.2013 , 06:26 PM | #6
Maybe you should try crafting in the 9-49 part leveling instead of just endgame, no crafting skill will be useless then, also do not forget to sell the items at a reasonable price, instead of the standard 500% above crafting cost.

parmie
03.08.2013 , 06:47 PM | #7
Indeed, we'll continue to see these threads for all skills where people think when they reach 400 they have to craft end game items only. Synthweaving does useful levelling orange gear, augments and kits. RE some levelling stuff and well, you make credits.

JamieKirby
03.08.2013 , 07:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by parmie View Post
Indeed, we'll continue to see these threads for all skills where people think when they reach 400 they have to craft end game items only. Synthweaving does useful levelling orange gear, augments and kits. RE some levelling stuff and well, you make credits.
If only players had that sense, the game would be so much better....also, they don't really need to just craft orange items, they can make standard gear too.

It depends really if you are so stuck up on how your character looks or not, i think buying crafted blue gear for a reasonable price is more of a money saver then buying the mods themselves.

I will be stopping here, i tend to get flamed when i post stuff that others don't agree with.

Maaajk
03.09.2013 , 11:35 AM | #9
my intention wasnt to make money, sure i wanne be able to, but i want it to be usefull for anything mainly, like pvp for bio u can use reusable healing potions and stims(i know exotech exists) and cyber gives augments + grenades

Zorash
03.09.2013 , 12:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaajk View Post
my intention wasnt to make money, sure i wanne be able to, but i want it to be usefull for anything mainly, like pvp for bio u can use reusable healing potions and stims(i know exotech exists) and cyber gives augments + grenades
Cybertech doesn't make augments. Synthweaving, armstech and armormech make augments. I am not sure how synthweaving is useless when you can make augments and augmentation kits, which are necessary to maximize the potential of your character.