Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
03.08.2013 , 10:56 PM | #1
And don't tell me to report them because that doesn't solve the problem.

By the time they are reported the damage is done and the match is over. Then there's the investigation which takes who knows how long.


So far today I have seen Speed hacks rather widely used, some resolve hacks, a couple of damage hacks and a teleport hack.

Just

from

today.

I would say that of the warzones I've played today probably 60% had some type of fishiness going on.
No i'm not a noob that can't tell the difference between the abilities of the classes and actual hacks.

These were things that were simply impossible in the game as it is supposed to be.

So, when are we going to see something real done to put a stop to this epidemic?
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Lordmird's Avatar


Lordmird
03.09.2013 , 12:26 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
So far today I have seen Speed hacks rather widely used, some resolve hacks, a couple of damage hacks and a teleport hack.
Speed hack= Predation
Damage hack= You have poor gear
Teleport hack= Your camera panning skills are not leet enough to track a person while they run away, therefore resulting in a "They were right here, and now they're over there" moment. This of course, is undoubtedly, "Teleport hack".
"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?

WickedImage's Avatar


WickedImage
03.09.2013 , 02:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
So, when are we going to see something real done to put a stop to this epidemic?
Soon.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
03.09.2013 , 02:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
So far today I have seen Speed hacks rather widely used, some resolve hacks, a couple of damage hacks and a teleport hack.

...No i'm not a noob that can't tell the difference between the abilities of the classes and actual hacks.
You actually clearly are a newb. I play tons and tons of PVP, and most of the stuff that people think are hacks are just normal class or talent tree abilities.

Video or ****.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
03.09.2013 , 04:43 AM | #5
I have to say that exploit using is far more usual than actual hacking. With these the problem of course is that which ones are actual, intetional exploit usings, and which ones are just people that accidentally stumbled in the exploit. (i.e., I was once in a team where the enemy used a pushback to a teammember, who got into a position where she was half inside the floor. The enemy started to call her an exploit user and telling they will report her, when she was panicking in ops that she can't move, could someone pull her out from the floor)

Rannox's Avatar


Rannox
03.09.2013 , 06:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
You actually clearly are a newb. I play tons and tons of PVP, and most of the stuff that people think are hacks are just normal class or talent tree abilities.

Video or ****.
and i have leveled to lvl 50 all classes only by pvping, and yes there are the resolve, stats and speed cheats - especially at lvl50.

Cretinus's Avatar


Cretinus
03.09.2013 , 07:25 AM | #7
I play loads and loads and loads of PvP. And I always win because everybody else is bad. There are no hacks or cheats and classes are highly balanced. If someone dares to disagree, then he's a noobster and should l2p. I am good and you are bad.
Cretinus again! What a great post!

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
03.09.2013 , 08:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordmird View Post
Speed hack= Predation
Damage hack= You have poor gear
Teleport hack= Your camera panning skills are not leet enough to track a person while they run away, therefore resulting in a "They were right here, and now they're over there" moment. This of course, is undoubtedly, "Teleport hack".

Predation/transcendence will not take you across the CW map in a second no matter how you spec into it
I have a 50 mara and a 50 sent I know predation when I see it

as for my panning skills when someone who has no stealth vanishes completely and reappears on the far side of the map in less than a second something is fishy. (no they weren't pulled)

No I wasn't lagging

My gear is decent

You assume too much.

My question stands when are we going to see something meaningful done about this from bioware?
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

stephenalandavie's Avatar


stephenalandavie
03.09.2013 , 08:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
Predation/transcendence will not take you across the CW map in a second no matter how you spec into it
I have a 50 mara and a 50 sent I know predation when I see it

as for my panning skills when someone who has no stealth vanishes completely and reappears on the far side of the map in less than a second something is fishy. (no they weren't pulled)

No I wasn't lagging

My gear is decent

You assume too much.

My question stands when are we going to see something meaningful done about this from bioware?


As you claim to much on a public forum, if you have proof then please show us but until that day comes you are wasting your breath i am afraid. How is anyone supposed to believe you when all they have to go on is a forum post? You need to be realistic here mate
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
03.09.2013 , 10:42 AM | #10
Getting videos of cheating it's a little hard unless you video your pvp all the time. When it happens, it's a little too late to try to start videoing. (Or at least that'd be what I imagined)