Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorceror and Shock

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sith Sorceror and Shock

Rushfx
12.20.2011 , 10:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Madgecko View Post
"Shocks the target for 3558 - 4424 energy damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3 seconds."

I assume that a "target" refers to anything that qualifies as a "target". In my experience, it hardly ever procs.
Players are not standard or weak targets. Therefore they will not be stunned by any ability that affects standard or weak targets.

skwrl
12.20.2011 , 10:52 AM | #12
"Shocks the target for 3558 - 4424 energy damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3 seconds."

I assume that a "target" refers to anything that qualifies as a "target". In my experience, it hardly ever procs.
You should probably assume less, and research more.

Madgecko
12.20.2011 , 11:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by skwrl View Post
You should probably assume less, and research more.
Quote:
Players are not standard or weak targets. Therefore they will not be stunned by any ability that affects standard or weak targets.
Well actually I know alot of people that believed what the spell description says. A "target" is a target, player or otherwise. Perhaps the description should be tweaked. Even another player in this thread referred to it as an interrupt. As far as me needing to research more, I'm not sure how much research you think needs to be done to play a game without getting to much into small details. Most people take descriptions at face value and realistically shouldn't have to do extra "research" to understand what the "real" meaning of the description is. "Standard" or "weak" targets could refer to players that are the same lvl or lower than the caster, it in no way differentiates between npc or actual player. But I applaud your attempt to "pwn a noob". Dont you feel like a bigger man/woman now?
The truth is usually relevant only to those who benefit the most from it. But that's not always true.

-Me

skwrl
12.20.2011 , 12:57 PM | #14
Well actually I know alot of people that believed what the spell description says. A "target" is a target, player or otherwise. Perhaps the description should be tweaked. Even another player in this thread referred to it as an interrupt. As far as me needing to research more, I'm not sure how much research you think needs to be done to play a game without getting to much into small details. Most people take descriptions at face value and realistically shouldn't have to do extra "research" to understand what the "real" meaning of the description is. "Standard" or "weak" targets could refer to players that are the same lvl or lower than the caster, it in no way differentiates between npc or actual player. But I applaud your attempt to "pwn a noob". Dont you feel like a bigger man/woman now?
Whether an ability stuns a player is not a small detail in the context of PvP.

Also, a whole lot of research doesn't need to be done. You cast it once, it doesn't stun the player, you should know after that.

You are the one who decided to quote the tooltip when someone else told you it didn't stun, and then continued to argue the point.

And I didn't attempt to pwn you. If you feel pwned though, perhaps you were.

Drakaris
12.21.2011 , 03:21 AM | #15
As far as me needing to research more, I'm not sure how much research you think needs to be done to play a game without getting to much into small details.
No research is necessary.

P.S. That is if you play a 2 button game like Counter Strike.

P.S.S. Spell casters who say that an instant cast nuke sux need to research tho. Unless ofc you're in love with PvE. This i can understand.
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Shalina

"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

Astarica
12.21.2011 , 03:44 AM | #16
Players are not strong, standard, or weak targets, so any conditions that require these conditions would have no effect on them. That said, an instant cast nuke fast refresh is always pretty useful. If it stunned, it'd be overkill.

Sugarpill
12.21.2011 , 04:16 AM | #17
I use it in my rotation all the time, but generally as a "burst" at the end of my chain if the player is nearly dead. As a Madness sorc, I am cycling DoTs + Chain Lightning. When they're close to dead, I pop Shock in hopes for a nice crit (I've seen upwards of 1500-1800 crits). It's instant and I can use it on the move, which is incredibly important for a squishy, IMO. Standing in one spot too long as a caster is just asking to be killed.

presidentm
12.21.2011 , 04:26 AM | #18
The OP possibly meant the Jolt spell, which interupts a cast and locks out that ability