Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
03.08.2013 , 06:28 PM | #2891
Friday again already!?

This week I'd like to formally merge the prompt lists for both SFC and AU, saving up valuable indexing time and space for kabeone. So! The one prompt left in AU that hasn't been reposted here at some point is our first prompt this week.

Week of 3/8/2013
Life and Death - Throughout our stories in the game, some NPCs (and some of our own OCs) died and others survived. When did a critical death - or survival - make a difference in your character's tale?
Your Song - Music is a tremendous force in many cultures, human and otherwise. Some people ignore it, some listen, some create, some sing really loud in the shower. Write something involving the music in your character's life.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

luckygrrl
03.09.2013 , 11:45 AM | #2892
Hello all! This is my first time posting fanfic here. I hope you like it!
Warning: Spoilers about possible interactions with Theran and Holiday

Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt- LF1M
Characters: JC: Ka'liesh, Tharan Cedrax, Holiday
Notes:
Spoiler

LF1M:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.09.2013 , 06:34 PM | #2893
(Edit: Character index is fully up to date. Now, comments!)

@Striges, a multiplicity of hells…I am a sucker for vividly painted mythical cosmologies. <3
And then, d'aw, Mako. I snickered...possibly maliciously...at Rixik's last paragraph.

@hoyden, you make Jack's kill very visceral. I like the whole paragraph, especially the last two sentences.
As for one of your comments, I'd forgotten how much I liked RMC Quinn. In some ways he's much less of a mess than Ruth is at that point. I guess it's possible that the Rylon visitations over time acclimated him to the novel concept of a personal life that may involve periods of just being with someone.

@Mrtwo, now I feel awful for Rizz...which just makes me cheer twice as hard for him on Nar Shaddaa.

@luckygrrl, welcome to the thread! I think you nailed Tharan and Holiday's voices...I was giggling the whole time. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this awkward trio

On Wynston and Kaliyo:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

jedimasterjac
03.09.2013 , 06:37 PM | #2894
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
I wish I could! Unfortunately, since I am an employee I can't. But I will continue to read your work and respond when I can!
Employees are not allowed to post their own fan-fiction?
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

kabeone
03.09.2013 , 07:21 PM | #2895
Chronological index also up to date along with prompt archive.

@Striges The foreshadowing on the stories and the descriptions are great. I wish we could get a little more of a first person view of descending into the various planets. Maybe someday they'll let us see it.

Oh and Rixik and the anti-biotics? gross

@iamthehoyden I know you hinted at Ajacksa's past but ahhh poor thing! I love how raw she is right now, still afraid, still aware how ludicrous it all is to kill so many people. Love this story so much.

@MrTwo Poor Rizz! I hope he and Kouhun can continue to help each other out.

@luckygrrl Welcome! Interesting choice of Tharan and I love the idea that not fitting the Jedi's criteria made him wonder if he made a mistake dumping her so quickly.

Selentar
03.09.2013 , 08:08 PM | #2896
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
(Edit: Character index is fully up to date. Now, comments!)
Just a minor update: The story so far and Worlds Colliding should be under "Xania"

bright_ephemera
03.09.2013 , 08:35 PM | #2897
Quote: Originally Posted by Selentar View Post
Just a minor update: The story so far and Worlds Colliding should be under "Xania"
"The Story So Far," since everyone's involved multiple characters, has been filed for all authors at the very top of their respective section lists. Xania and Lilith's Worlds Colliding is listed twice, one under each name, just at a different point in each character's list (first for Xania, well into the list for Lilith)
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Tatile
03.10.2013 , 05:50 AM | #2898
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Employees are not allowed to post their own fan-fiction?
I imagine there would be legal issues, as well as the "OMG, this is SO canon you guys! Bioware's coffee boy posted it!"

Striges
03.10.2013 , 01:06 PM | #2899
I imagine the trip was Rixik and Kaliyo trying to out-bada** each other. There’s a little bit of sour grapes at the end. Mako’s nowhere near that easy, but at least she's not crazy.

And more hells? I like the idea too much. I’m going to have to restrain myself from comparing everything to some hell or another for those characters now. Taris...Taris is the Hell of Broken Dreams and Alderaan is the Hell of Mazes and Hoth is the Hell of Spires...and I could keep going for quite awhile here.

@ Kabeone: I like how Scourge still seems a bit adrift here. His purpose (mostly) fulfilled, something he’s been working toward for ages, now what? I also really liked the oasis quest in-game; I like what you did with it. That sunscreen sounds revolting--nice description.

@ Bright: Agent spoilers:
Spoiler

Sevasht and Vette--hilarious. And silly. Lampshading the game mechanics was fun.

@ Selentar: I get the sense that Xania is at least somewhat unstable, and being either unaware of it or unwilling to accept it. Andronikus is, and does.

@ MrTwo: Aww. Rizz needs a break; he knows what he lost. They ought to make a good team.

@ Hoyden: Jack’s slide feels real, like a regular person confronted with a no-win situation. That first kill, then the ones that follow, getting number with each one. I like her story a lot.

@ Luckygrrl: Welcome to the thread! Ka’liesh gets the better of Theran after all. Nice.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone; I enjoyed all the stories!

kabeone
03.10.2013 , 09:07 PM | #2900
Prompt: Music
Featuring Agent Vero and Vector, no spoilers except for the names of the IA companions.
Spoiler