Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Blog: The Art of Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Blog: The Art of Makeb
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.08.2013 , 05:07 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Happy Friday, Forum Readers!

Our Senior Environmental Artist, Michael Sheidow, has written this great blog (including lots of pretty pictures!) about the Art of Makeb. Please give it a read and discuss it in this thread!

Thanks!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Wrthlessnoob
03.08.2013 , 05:24 PM | #2
Cool looking art. Looking forward to exploring some fresh scenery.
Jedi Covenant
Bedin, Auf, Csillian, Genericjeditwat, Ex-imperial
Exacerbated, Genericsithtwat, Mandomerc, Erg, Sub-rosa

aeterno
03.08.2013 , 05:25 PM | #3
Very nice =)

Tatile
03.08.2013 , 05:26 PM | #4
So the mining operation for "Isotope 5" (nice placeholder name) is ripping the planet apart. Cool. I'll try not to stay long.

The images are very nice and the style... I feel like I've seen that before *shrugs* Probably not.

Really like the first picture of the estates on the mountain. Makeb would have made a wonderful sand-box exploration world.

chuuuuucky
03.08.2013 , 05:30 PM | #5
I would love to see more of those highpoly assets in the future. Very interesting insight into the process of creating models.

General_Aldo
03.08.2013 , 05:35 PM | #6
Why didn't you take this much time to create all the planets? And make them bigger so it can be more of a sandbox? Like SWG

sandisrd
03.08.2013 , 05:46 PM | #7
Hi,

I already love look of this planet, looks simply incredible, I'm so looking forward to explore it and as always great story behind to get excited just incredible...

Thank you!.
Collector's edition owner
''Blindness of Democracy has grown her roots in every one of us, it's up to us individually to find it and eliminated it!'' - Darth Imperius

JayNo
03.08.2013 , 06:02 PM | #8
First of all I would like to say that this planet sounds, and from what I have seen, looks like its going to be epic!

And the fact you guys were keeping the story line a secret in Charles's Blog was awesome!. "I will find out when I run the missions." is what I thought. But then, for whatever reason you gave it away in this blog. "Isotope 5" the most rare element in the galaxy.

Hmm, well since you said its the reason the Hutts are here and destroying the planet. I wonder if that is what the Empire is after also? "Isotope 5" and if the republic doesn't know its the most valuable element in the galaxy and should be protected, then they would not be very smart.

Most people know you can't fight a war without resources. The most rare element in the galaxy, that can only obtained on this ONE planet. Seems like it would be a no brainer to secure, no matter what the cost. The needs of the many, outweigh the need of the few, or the one.

So okay, we don't know what Isotope 5 does, but obviously it something important, and the main theme of the Story! I would rather you just mentioned that the planet was being mined by the Hutts. and them you could have shown off your pics. We could have figuered out it was Isotope 5, and that the mining was Causing the quakes, when we got there!

Oh well so your second blog gave away what the first blog said was going to be a secret until we actually played the planet. Maybe it was intentional, maybe it wasn't. But obviously the main focus is going to be this Isotope 5, and what everyone will risk to have it, what lines will the Republic cross? How far will the Empire go? What will the Hutts do in respone? I guess we got at least that much. But I would rather a complete mystery like the first blog suggested.

I am sure it will still be awesome though

Tatile
03.08.2013 , 06:12 PM | #9
Ahh damn it. Industrial espionage would have been AWESOME for the Imperial Agent storyline on this planet, we could have even run into the Smuggler crew or something. I'm kind of disappointed that this planet is being wasted on a faction-only storyline now.

Sadface

DarthMillenial
03.08.2013 , 06:14 PM | #10
I <3 concept art. Looking forward to Makeb!
[Jung Ma] Remnants of Hope
~ Recruitment Officer ~
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"
www.remnantsofhope.com