Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making of Rise of the Hutt Cartel Part 1: Creating Makeb Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Making of Rise of the Hutt Cartel Part 1: Creating Makeb Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.08.2013 , 02:22 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
In this video, Hall Hood, Lead Writer, and Ryan Dening, Lead Concept Artist, join forces to give more insight into the exciting new planet, Makeb, coming with the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Watch now
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

HomicidalWhales
03.08.2013 , 03:02 PM | #2
(Going to post this here so maybe someone can clarify this )

Hall Hood says in the video: "Yeah, the story of the RotHC is a direct continuation of the player's story that was begun in the main game." I thought there was not going to be anything related to the continuation of your character's Story, or am I missing something here?

chuixupu
03.08.2013 , 03:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by HomicidalWhales View Post
(Going to post this here so maybe someone can clarify this )

Hall Hood says in the video: "Yeah, the story of the RotHC is a direct continuation of the player's story that was begun in the main game." I thought there was not going to be anything related to the continuation of your character's Story, or am I missing something here?
There won't be class specific quests, however, all those various class stories are being brought together (remember the "Avengers" comment).
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

johnxtreeme
03.08.2013 , 03:22 PM | #4
Looks incredible.

Is that a mission involving jumping onto a moving skycar on Nar Shaddaa?
Aiming a gun on Makeb?

HomicidalWhales
03.08.2013 , 03:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
There won't be class specific quests, however, all those various class stories are being brought together (remember the "Avengers" comment).
I see. I see. Thank you.

Jonoku
03.08.2013 , 03:25 PM | #6
Creating Server Transfers video would be nice.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Rafaman
03.08.2013 , 03:26 PM | #7
Thanks Courtney. Yup. These are the type of things we need to see to get us excited about Makeb; namely an interesting storyline and creative nuances that impact that story. The planets atmosphere and terrain negates a typical SW invasion force? Hmm... intriguing. The Hutts... seem to do their homework to say the least.

Now, since leveling will be the key component of Makeb, story is key. More details on changes relative to that would be great. Especially anything regarding game play. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to it!

idnewton
03.08.2013 , 03:28 PM | #8
People just think it's a new planet. It's more than that. This game has been out for over a year and although new daily areas and such have been created, an entire new leveling planet has not. This doesn't just mean a new area, this means a new area with new technology they haven't had access to before. As you can see, cannons, waterfalls (although they did use waterfalls before, these look a lot better). Looks like an awesome planet, I hope we aren't just leveling here - PUT SOME ENDGAME CONTENT IN TOO!
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

DaRoamer
03.08.2013 , 03:29 PM | #9
Looks great! Very excited.

BadOrb
03.08.2013 , 03:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
People just think it's a new planet. It's more than that. This game has been out for over a year and although new daily areas and such have been created, an entire new leveling planet has not. This doesn't just mean a new area, this means a new area with new technology they haven't had access to before. As you can see, cannons, waterfalls (although they did use waterfalls before, these look a lot better). Looks like an awesome planet, I hope we aren't just leveling here - PUT SOME ENDGAME CONTENT IN TOO!
Couldn't have put it better myself , there will be daily end-game content on the planet and heroics too. I love the idea of zooming down to Makeb from space , also as someone else pointed out jumping on a moving vehicle ? :O

Fantastic great video too , keep up the great work guys and gals.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12