Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

quick question about 2.0 lethality

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
quick question about 2.0 lethality

DatDudeJoc
03.08.2013 , 12:27 PM | #1
I heard from someone that your dots will no longer break CC in 2.0. Is this true? If so, does this only count for your CC or also the CC others in your group do? One of my biggest issues with lethality doing hardmodes on live is Corrosive Grenade breaking CC, for instance in a multi gold enemy stage where the gold mob we CC'd and the gold mob we are burning down are only a few meters apart, I'll toss my corrosive grenade and it will aoe the CC'd mob breaking the CC and preventing it from being CC'd until the dot wears off. This leads to angry group members lol. Will this still occur in 2.0? If so are there any tricks of the trade to avoid this?

Kelderek
03.08.2013 , 01:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DatDudeJoc View Post
I heard from someone that your dots will no longer break CC in 2.0. Is this true? If so, does this only count for your CC or also the CC others in your group do? One of my biggest issues with lethality doing hardmodes on live is Corrosive Grenade breaking CC, for instance in a multi gold enemy stage where the gold mob we CC'd and the gold mob we are burning down are only a few meters apart, I'll toss my corrosive grenade and it will aoe the CC'd mob breaking the CC and preventing it from being CC'd until the dot wears off. This leads to angry group members lol. Will this still occur in 2.0? If so are there any tricks of the trade to avoid this?
This is probably a reference to the new Toxic Regulators skill high in the lethality skill tree:

"Your periodic effects do not tick on targets affected by your any of your sleep abilities".

The way I read that is it would really only apply to things like slice droid and maybe flash bang, and it would only be true if it was your DOT damage. So you will still have to be careful with CG breaking someone else's CC in a group or raid. The idea here is in case you have dotted up some droid that you need to CC afterwards, you won't need to wait for the DOTs to wear off for your slice droid to work.