Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Might vs Power augments

bupsie
03.07.2013 , 11:56 AM | #1
Used to be might augments had--maybe--an infinitesimal advantage over power augments. With the new formula, and lower addition to crit from main stat--

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601726

I'm guessing that advantage is gone, and if anything, power is now the better augment, but I'm not enough of a number cruncher to figure it out for sure.

DarthOvertone
03.07.2013 , 12:35 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by bupsie View Post
I'm guessing that advantage is gone, and if anything, power is now the better augment, but I'm not enough of a number cruncher to figure it out for sure.
2.0 is pretty much shaping up to be about base damage and auto-crits...i.e. Smash.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Anishor
03.08.2013 , 10:21 AM | #3
Funny thing about that is I'm pretty sure they got it backwards, power should have had DR put on it and Crit left alone or only slightly.

DR is to prevent stat monopolization, but they've done it so there's no benefit to anything but power/accuracy/surge up to soft cap
Transcendence, Jung Ma
Theoros ( Vengeance *main* ) Theor'os ( Marauder *alt* )
Council
"The Light in the Shadow."

Toxxo
03.13.2013 , 06:31 PM | #4
So which is proving to be better on the PTS? Has anyone noticed a significant difference?

Lostpenguins
03.15.2013 , 11:07 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxxo View Post
So which is proving to be better on the PTS? Has anyone noticed a significant difference?
I don't know if it's broken or not, but my guildie and I both noticed almost any changes to our crit based on the new DR for main stat. So power still looks better at this point.

Anishor
03.22.2013 , 09:57 AM | #6
Power for sure.
Transcendence, Jung Ma
Theoros ( Vengeance *main* ) Theor'os ( Marauder *alt* )
Council
"The Light in the Shadow."

Lyer
03.27.2013 , 01:51 PM | #7
If someone can get or link to combat formulas for 2.0, I can get cracking on the mathematics.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post on the forum.