Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Missions are TOO DAMN HARD

CCThrawn
03.07.2013 , 03:22 PM | #1
I just want to rage about these goddam heroic space missions!! I'm fully decked in all the Level 7 gear on my ship and I can't even make it midway thru alive. I dodge the fighter fire, I move around using keys and mouse, continuously firing back and yet my ship KEEPS DYING. I've even tried studying up on all the missions, watching videos, trying EVERYTHING. *** BW?!

**RAGGGGGEEEEEE****

Shwarzchild
03.07.2013 , 03:26 PM | #2
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with it. I have beaten them countless times. There's definitely something you're not doing correctly. I think they are well tuned for difficulty, and I can't wait for even harder ones to come out.

Shwarzchild
03.07.2013 , 03:30 PM | #3
stop continually firing. Give your shields time to recharge. You have to be selective with your blaster fire, and torpedos. If you're shields are getting zapped, stop firing, and put on your shield regen and only fire missles until you're back up and running, then selectively drop your regen for the power to the blasters. Use your ship powers in the right spots. Go to Dulfy.net and look at her guides they helped me when I originally had trouble.

JamieKirby
03.07.2013 , 03:39 PM | #4
I personally don't count these missions as space combat, i love space sims, i HATE this games' space combat, rail combat feature is just a tool used by lazy developers.

What i have learnt from the combat missions is that the lasers are like heat-seekers, regardless if you move out of the way, they track you, so having the ability to roll is only useless to avoid some debris, the bigger asteroids is all about where you are positioned.

If its going to hit you, its going to hit you regardless if you try to dodge.

slafko
03.08.2013 , 01:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
... so having the ability to roll is only useless to avoid some debris, ...
Think you mean useful.

TrillOG-
03.08.2013 , 02:17 AM | #6
They definently aren't too hard, and everything has been said already on how to beat them. Although the blaster fire is definently avoidable but you have to barrel roll all around the screen in the right pattern to avoid it...I basically spam my spacebar half the mission and barely take any damage and switch between my shields and blaster upgrades everytime depending on whether I am shooting or not. Just keep trying, look up guides, simple solution.

JoseWan
03.08.2013 , 06:05 AM | #7
I use the barrel roll less and less. Just moving the ship in the right pattern is better.

Leovinus
03.08.2013 , 06:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JoseWan View Post
I use the barrel roll less and less. Just moving the ship in the right pattern is better.
^^^ this. I suspect also that people having trouble may be switching unnecessarily to shield recharge during heavy fire times. This is RARELY a benefit, and will often be detrimental, since in a lot of cases, a good offense can be the best defense (the guns can't hurt you if they're destroyed). The only time I find shield charging necessary while trying to kill things is during Cha Raaba when you've got mines and 4 targets all to deal with at once. Not that charging shields is useless, there are often completely (or nearly so) downtime periods where charging back up is critical.

Kitru
03.08.2013 , 06:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CCThrawn View Post
I dodge the fighter fire, I move around using keys and mouse, continuously firing back and yet my ship KEEPS DYING.
Are you actually using your EMP, Electronic Countermeasures, and Conversion Module? There are specific times that the devs pretty much *designed* for you to need to use the EMP and/or ECM in order to succeed, and you're pretty much assumed to be toggling to Power to Blasters whenever you're blasting and Power to Shields whenever you're not. The heroic space missions aren't designed under the assumption that you're not using every tool at your disposal. They're designed under the assumption that you're actually using everything *in addition* to knowing how to dodge rocks and use proper target priority.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Duriek
03.08.2013 , 07:38 AM | #10
still too hard and no fun