Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Viable Assassin Hybrid DPS Spec's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Viable Assassin Hybrid DPS Spec's

Novarium
03.06.2013 , 04:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Crushing darkness? you mean maul?. or is there a change i don't know of?
No i meant crushing darkness.. because low slash 4 stun breaks on damage. so you hit them with low slash and then the 1.5 sec Global cool down then the 2 second cast of crushing means that your making the most of their mezed state then you have a hard ticking dot that you got to free cast because they were mezed hope that makes sense
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

Novarium
03.06.2013 , 04:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Slyde-Asera View Post
What about 0/18/28 and run in Lightning Charge, This almost like the Spec i run now Live 0/13/28. I wonder if it still will hold its own.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
this build is ok. and thos points in creeping death are nice i would much prefer to put 21 points in the deception tree because 1 you get Fade 30% AOE damage reduction.. and second you get low slash.. remember that low slash is classed as a melee ability so you can mez assassins and shadows through force shroud.. so that ability maked you god like in terms of ninja capping
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

Xethis
03.07.2013 , 06:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Novarium View Post
Are you Kidding me? Both builds you linked are exactly the same as build number 2 that i linked and the points that you made in your comments is the exact abilities i have point my talent points into.. And saying that i have just copied someone is just plain stupid because i do not look at other people's builds i construct my builds around my own playstyle and both of these specs are completely viable in normal warzones I have not tested in ranked which I stated in my post so keep your self righteous comments to your self especially after you linked builds that were exactly the same as mine.. The only valid point you made is to put 2 points in induction.
Not sure what happened, just clicked on my links and they are by far not what I picked for either spec. I think I tried to edit your links but it didn't change the link the way it should have. Ill go back and re link them.

I dont even know where to start. Both of the builds you linked had serious flaws in them. I am only trying to help you understand how the spec plays as I have played 100's of WZ's with these two hybrids. There are big changes to these specs that prevent them from being viable for anything in 2.0. It is quite obvious you have never played these specs, tried these specs on ptr or even read the "many" threads that have already broken down why your specs wont work in pvp or pve.

Quit being defensive and actually read into what I and many others have already written and stop blindly defending your untested theory crafting.

Now, I know you think I just copied your two specs but I didn't, look at them carefully if you want to know why I made some of the changes that I did I am more than happy to discuss them with you.

And, its funny that you think that you think you are the first person to try these hybrids. Versions of these hybrids have been around for a long time. 1.2/1.3 for the Mad Maul, and 1.4 for the Wakajinn. You can actually start reading in these forums and actually see posts where people posted the exact same thing, or really close to what you did only the date on their post is way before yours. I am sorry that offends you.

Xethis
03.07.2013 , 06:09 AM | #14
And you cmment about having to voltaic slash is just wrong.. you only need voltaic slash to build voltage.. surging charge can be built of trash just as easily of voltaic slash.
As of now on ptr you pretty much need 2x VS which grants you an automatic Static Charge stack when you Shock. Not sure what you think I said is wrong. With Shock being able to proc your 3rd stack is key for being able to Discharge as much as possible. On ptr I tried to see how fast I could build my Charges with out VS and I found sometimes I would wait 15 sometimes over 20 seconds on the 3rd stack to proc. Trust me, VS is a must with the new discharge. You will find that just trying to Thrash your way to 3 stacks will screw you in the long run.

Go on PTR and actually count how many times you can Discharge with VS in a 3min period, then do the same for Thrash. I was Discharging almost 3 times less without VS.

Xethis
03.07.2013 , 06:18 AM | #15
Are you Kidding me? Both builds you linked are exactly the same as build number 2 that i linked and the points that you made in your comments is the exact abilities i have point my talent points into.. And saying that i have just copied someone is just plain stupid because i do not look at other people's builds i construct my builds around my own playstyle and both of these specs are completely viable in normal warzones I have not tested in ranked which I stated in my post so keep your self righteous comments to your self especially after you linked builds that were exactly the same as mine.. The only valid point you made is to put 2 points in induction.
My links are now working properly, maybe now what I have said will make sense.

Xethis
03.07.2013 , 06:24 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Slyde-Asera View Post
What about 0/18/28 and run in Lightning Charge, This almost like the Spec i run now Live 0/13/28. I wonder if it still will hold its own.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
This is really close to one of the specs I tried to link in my first post. I would trade Oppressing Force for Sith Defiance, this spec is already really squishy, I would pick up more defense over a reduced cd on Electrocute. I would also trade a point from Chain Shock to Assassins Mark. Your Mauls are going to be your hardest hitting attack, Shock is going to be for crap damage, I would just leave it out of your rotation you will do far more damage with just Thrash spam at reduced force cost.

stuffystuffs
03.07.2013 , 12:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Xethis View Post
There are two Mad Maul builds that might work for pvp. The first is http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20 This build your running in Lightning Charge and spamming Thrash for Raze and Duplicity procs.
This build lacks Raze though.

Xethis
03.08.2013 , 06:01 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
This build lacks Raze though.
My bad, I miss placed a point. Take down Impose Weakness and pick up Raze. I actually messed it up pretty bad, I think I linked a build I made for a completely different post. I have like 8-9 build tabs going for different AC's. Anyways, the build for the first one I linked in my first post should be http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

Sorry for the confusion.