Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
03.07.2013 , 07:04 AM | #2931
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
When I think about it my head hurts. What kind of issues prevent you from taking action for that long?
At a guess - somebody would have to come over and do some work on this end? Might not be something they can do remotely.

Hoping we can get a fix soon... or just something to shut up the idiots who want to play 'shoot the messenger' because a CM dared make a joke in an unrelated thread.

darthnish
03.07.2013 , 08:12 AM | #2932
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
When I think about it my head hurts. What kind of issues prevent you from taking action for that long?
i know that feel all too well

Thepainfairy
03.07.2013 , 04:27 PM | #2933
Jesus Christ burgers 7 months to make a call?? its not like this is the Jedi Council or anything....Its not that bloody hard. Merge all 3 server into the PVE server.

Give people a cut off time frame to select toon's to move or lose them on the PVP and RP-PVE server. Obviously you will only be able to transfer up the maximum slots available.

That would be the best initial way to look at things. Then decide if the servers are still viable and if they are not then offer a xfer to American servers.

I think you have to do something quick ALOT of people are talking about Elder Scrolls Online.

sepulhead
03.07.2013 , 04:56 PM | #2934
Quote: Originally Posted by Thepainfairy View Post
Jesus Christ burgers 7 months to make a call?? its not like this is the Jedi Council or anything....Its not that bloody hard. Merge all 3 server into the PVE server.

Give people a cut off time frame to select toon's to move or lose them on the PVP and RP-PVE server. Obviously you will only be able to transfer up the maximum slots available.

That would be the best initial way to look at things. Then decide if the servers are still viable and if they are not then offer a xfer to American servers.

I think you have to do something quick ALOT of people are talking about Elder Scrolls Online.
Why would the apac players only be alowed to transfer up to the maximum slots available. the Americans and europeans had all their char moved to the remaining server.

Antiskeptic
03.07.2013 , 06:01 PM | #2935
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
At a guess - somebody would have do some work.

Hoping we can get a fix soon... or just something to shut up the idiots who want to play 'shoot the messenger' because a CM dared make a joke in an unrelated thread.
Just fixing your post.
//

phat_maban
03.07.2013 , 06:45 PM | #2936
Cmon guys "we have been waiting for 7 months line" is getting old.

They would of had established contracts with servers located here that they can't just tear up (prob a out in it but it would be at a massive cost)

Really this situation was only going to be fixed recently so stop having unrealistic expectations.

Eric's post i also felt was genuine and im prepared to give some more time.

Its not just like they can make a call and have it done. it takes time to write up new contracts,negotiate and all that.
Maban - Doubtvilified - Madras - Uglybabyeater
Midian

Thornsbane
03.07.2013 , 08:06 PM | #2937
Any reason you cant let us know any of the ideas that come up in these daily discussions about the APAC servers?

Marshal_Ney
03.07.2013 , 08:36 PM | #2938
I think the situation is not so simply as some of you stated,merging the PvE-PvP-RP server is going to be very difficult if not impossible,RP players like PvE and PvP players have a totally different approach to the game,i know this because i`m playing in a PvE server and a RP as well,when in the first type of server the people are rushing to get the laterst gear and after get familiar with Flashpoints and Operations tend to skip every single dialoge and shortcut all the contents,the RP players take a more patient and slow approach to the game,and of course the PvP server tend to speed up things as well.
so i don`t think that merge them would be good,easy to say here but very hard to handle,i`m my humble opinion we should let BioWare figure the best solution for all of us,let`s just wait a little bit more,anyway they stated that this is one of their primary issue at the moment.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

MyPetMonkey
03.07.2013 , 08:43 PM | #2939
Quote: Originally Posted by phat_maban View Post
Cmon guys "we have been waiting for 7 months line" is getting old.

They would of had established contracts with servers located here that they can't just tear up (prob a out in it but it would be at a massive cost)

Really this situation was only going to be fixed recently so stop having unrealistic expectations.

Eric's post i also felt was genuine and im prepared to give some more time.

Its not just like they can make a call and have it done. it takes time to write up new contracts,negotiate and all that.
Then they can say that then.... Nothing stopping them.

cuttothechase
03.07.2013 , 08:53 PM | #2940
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
Then they can say that then.... Nothing stopping them.
This .........is correct and is exactly what they need to do..we're big people, we can handle the truth.
If they have to sit out a contract on their end then let us know.. "hey, our server contract is up in May?..April?...2016?.. and that's when we we'll fix it"... it gives us the option...of waiting or not...

... via the simple art of communication