Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team, Assemble!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Missandei
03.07.2013 , 03:13 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi Claprica,

Before I respond to your question, let me say that I like the allusion in yours! o/''\o

There are so very many "2/3rds of a stoplight jokes" out there regarding my name. >.< I actually remember the first time a "red" comment was made to me: one of my friends in the second grade told me that their mom asked if I had red hair. I was confused, and then she told me I'd be a stoplight.

One of QA guys in the office calls me "Colors", too. I happen to like it.
Wow! The Amber Green is not a forum nickname but a real name?
Thats so cute.. Im really impressed..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

EricMusco
03.07.2013 , 05:52 PM | #242 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by StJon View Post
I for one do enjoy the change in comunication and find the jokes hilarious id very much like to see more of that

especially team mates picking on eachother
Even if you dont see as much positive feedback as youd hope im sure most people do enjoy the change they are just, like myself, lazy to post.

One side question tho are there any plans or intentions of putting the party jawa on the cartel market?
Reason im asking is that one of the tattooine achievements for 2.0 requires you to kill jawas while "partying" with the jawa... I find it a nice touch but i for one do not have it and as of right now theres no way for me to get one.. would be sad to leave tattoine's achievements on 97%
I will pass it on to be looked into. However, I can assure you that we don't intend to have any achievements which require things that are no longer available.

Hope that helps!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthBuckets
03.07.2013 , 06:59 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Here is a bit more clarification on the differences between Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 2.0 put as simply as I can!

What subscribers will get without purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:
  • Class changes and balancing levels 1-50
  • Any itemization/world changes which affect levels 1-50
  • Legacy Achievements

What subscribers will get if they do purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel:
  • New Operation: Scum and Villainy
  • Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond
  • Upgraded level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints
  • Level cap increase to 55
  • All new Makeb storyline
The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Free-to-Play restrictions apply. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

-eric
Eric, does this mean Nightmare TFB will launch when the expansion launches? My impression is that it would not launch immediately, but sometime after 2.0.

Ailie
03.07.2013 , 08:15 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by SpannersSF View Post
I don't think there is any danger of it being rushed..

Already said I don't have the time or inclination to re-roll, infact you quoted me saying that.

This isn't "negativity" it's asking for a resolution in a sane timeframe or at least some real information as to what's going on. Real information not "haven't forgotten see you in a few months!".

To be honest I couldn't care less about what you find tiresome or your claims (which I'm sure you've just plucked out of thin air) that asking for this to be resolved is driving people away from the game faster than the low population in APAC. Also the hyperbole "nothing but whining" is pretty weak, I've seen the topic mentioned once in general on my server in the last few weeks.

I've never said a word "ingame" and have made I think four forums posts in the last 2-3months so I'm pretty certain I'm not the cause of the whinging and drama that have driven you friends away supposedly.

Anyway last post for me on this topic, I've said my bit, hopeful you guys sort this out as I like the game and the community.
Sorry guys but I think a few may have taken what I said that was directed at a small group of rather immature posters here and people in game a little personally. Not intended, yes there are plenty of people here who do do the right thing and yes you do have the right to ask for clarification. (By the way, I never said it's driving people away faster, but I know of just as many people who have quit recently or dialled back their play because they're tired of the drama more so the pop issues)

But my post was directed more to those who continually complain in game on general chat or post here in an immature fashion over and over again. It gets very very tiresome when you do log in to fleet and General is full of petty whining about how GF or ranked pvp doesn't pop and it's all BW's fault for not merging us when if they'd taken the time to read more forums here they'd see that it's not just a low pop issue and that heavy pop servers have the same issues.

Constant whinging like that actually makes the problem worse because it highlights the issue to people who may not have realised there was a problem and makes them think negatively about the game. Think of a new player coming into fleet for the first time full of excitement and the first thing they see in chat is a massive whingefest about server pop... what do you think that player is going to think of the game?

It creates a massive snowball effect and starts to bring the whole community down. I'm sure we've all been somewhere where there's been a Party Pooper or a negative influence that's ended up making everyone around them feel like ****. It's the same principle. Nobody likes to be stuck with the party pooper, so why would anyone want to put themselves in the GF queue if they're likely going to get stuck with someone who whinges about how long it took to get a group?

What I'm suggesting, as I have suggested before, is that people help themselves and the community by dropping the toy chucking routine and get on with the game. Yes keep coming here asking for answers, in a mature fashion. Just let the water flow under the bridge for a while, ask people to group up instead of complaining that no one does. Be patient and you know what, if it's still not making you happy log off and play something else. Kicking up a stink just creates a toxic community, and nobody wants to play in a toxic community.

Who knows, if the server is nicer to play on more people might just stick around and yes, the problem may just fix itself. Just a thought...
Meh...

darthgamer
03.07.2013 , 08:21 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Sorry guys but I think a few may have taken what I said that was directed at a small group of rather immature posters here and people in game a little personally. Not intended, yes there are plenty of people here who do do the right thing and yes you do have the right to ask for clarification. (By the way, I never said it's driving people away faster, but I know of just as many people who have quit recently or dialled back their play because they're tired of the drama more so the pop issues)

But my post was directed more to those who continually complain in game on general chat or post here in an immature fashion over and over again. It gets very very tiresome when you do log in to fleet and General is full of petty whining about how GF or ranked pvp doesn't pop and it's all BW's fault for not merging us when if they'd taken the time to read more forums here they'd see that it's not just a low pop issue and that heavy pop servers have the same issues.

Constant whinging like that actually makes the problem worse because it highlights the issue to people who may not have realised there was a problem and makes them think negatively about the game. Think of a new player coming into fleet for the first time full of excitement and the first thing they see in chat is a massive whingefest about server pop... what do you think that player is going to think of the game?

It creates a massive snowball effect and starts to bring the whole community down. I'm sure we've all been somewhere where there's been a Party Pooper or a negative influence that's ended up making everyone around them feel like ****. It's the same principle. Nobody likes to be stuck with the party pooper, so why would anyone want to put themselves in the GF queue if they're likely going to get stuck with someone who whinges about how long it took to get a group?

What I'm suggesting, as I have suggested before, is that people help themselves and the community by dropping the toy chucking routine and get on with the game. Yes keep coming here asking for answers, in a mature fashion. Just let the water flow under the bridge for a while, ask people to group up instead of complaining that no one does. Be patient and you know what, if it's still not making you happy log off and play something else. Kicking up a stink just creates a toxic community, and nobody wants to play in a toxic community.

Who knows, if the server is nicer to play on more people might just stick around and yes, the problem may just fix itself. Just a thought...
Ugh no BW f's up I dont give them sweet little hugs and pats on the back theyre slow reaction time and dimb wittedness almost completely tanked this game those "Lay-offs" and over 1 million people who left where a clear sign of things that need too change and alot of things that still do. Besides doesnt take long to get too 50 people will discover whats wrong in game soon enough.
I'll be the butter you'll be the popcorn

LtGeneralGezlin
03.07.2013 , 09:16 PM | #246
Just a few questions. A "funny" one and two "serious-ish" one.

1. Which Star Wars film is your favorite?
2. Is James Ohlen still working on TOR? Haven't seen him in any videos lately.
3. Will we be getting a Cinematic trailer for RotHC? (Like the three pre-launch trailers and the HK-51 trailer?)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Claprica
03.07.2013 , 09:42 PM | #247

I hope you do see the irony of whinging about whingers
Azealiab - Shadow || Glasskannon - Sage || Tatonkabill - Sentinel Master Dar'Nala Server

stephenalandavie
03.08.2013 , 12:39 AM | #248
May i ask why the DPS trees on the assassin/shadow class not been addressed?.

Also can you explain your reasoning for nerfing crit given that certain specs offer auto crit abilities?.

Shouldn't they be removed?
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

iamthehoyden
03.08.2013 , 11:13 AM | #249
It gets very very tiresome when you do log in to fleet and General is full of petty whining about how GF or ranked pvp doesn't pop and it's all BW's fault for not merging us when if they'd taken the time to read more forums here they'd see that it's not just a low pop issue and that heavy pop servers have the same issues.
Actually, that's not entirely accurate. While I can't speak for ranked pvp, I can definitely say that heavy populated servers have LFG queue times that are (with rare exceptions) relatively quick. These are rough estimates, but on my dps, doing hm fps, I'd say a wait time of about 5-20 min is pretty normal. Heals is instant to about 10 min. (Can't speak to tanks.) Regular pvp (both pre-50 and at 50), instantaneous to 2 min. More population does make a difference when you're talking about queue pops.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

travisccook
03.08.2013 , 10:11 PM | #250
Just wanted to note that, as far as I'm concerned, the new direction of the Community Team is the best thing since huttball. I <3 you folks!

Thanks for keeping us more in the internal loop and opening the door a bit! It's extremely refreshing and altogether awesomesauce with a side of win. There will be those that cry foul the first time something you share with us is changed or gets a nix before making it to production, but know that we the reasonably minded greatly appreciate this new approach!
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
"It's not what you stab, it's who you stab it with!"
Ebon Hawk | Tech Officer | International