Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Armor Query

FizzwickNuffaa
03.07.2013 , 03:09 PM | #1
I haven't bought any but have looked at the various cartel sets and pondered buying some. However, many of them have level restrictions clearly due to having mods in them. What I am wondering is whether those restrictions are solely due to the mods in them or do the shells themselves also carry the requirement? If I were to buy one with a look I liked, would I be able to rip the mods out and put the empty shell on a lower level or new toon and thus be able to have a consistent look across their whole level run if I wanted?

ImmortalLowlife
03.07.2013 , 03:39 PM | #2
I've wondered that myself...
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Phorenzyk
03.07.2013 , 04:39 PM | #3
Cartel armor shells carry the same level requirement as the mods within.

FizzwickNuffaa
03.07.2013 , 04:46 PM | #4
Well that's a pity. I'd be more inclined to buy an empty shell than a filled one myself anyways. The mods are handy but limited in how long they last. I'd rather buy a cartel suit for it's look and fill it myself.

jedimasterjac
03.07.2013 , 04:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FizzwickNuffaa View Post
Well that's a pity. I'd be more inclined to buy an empty shell than a filled one myself anyways. The mods are handy but limited in how long they last. I'd rather buy a cartel suit for it's look and fill it myself.
You can replace the mods after they're outdated, if you like the look of the already-modded ones. Or you can use the empty shells (Clairvoyant Officer, Valiant Jedi, etc.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncle Iroh
Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love.
There are reasons each of us are born. we have to find those reasons.

FizzwickNuffaa
03.07.2013 , 05:16 PM | #6
I know you can update them, I just don't feel that buying such limited-use mods with CCs is all that great a deal, particularly when I can't get around the level restriction on the shells. A Cartel set I can wear from level 1 is more valuable to me than one I cannot, even if it comes with some nice, but temporary, mods. I'll get far more use out of it if it has no restrictions. So any Cartel set that has a level restriction is pretty much off my list for consideration just for that. It's not like mods are exactly hard to get in game.