Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Armor Query

FizzwickNuffaa
03.07.2013 , 03:09 PM | #1
I haven't bought any but have looked at the various cartel sets and pondered buying some. However, many of them have level restrictions clearly due to having mods in them. What I am wondering is whether those restrictions are solely due to the mods in them or do the shells themselves also carry the requirement? If I were to buy one with a look I liked, would I be able to rip the mods out and put the empty shell on a lower level or new toon and thus be able to have a consistent look across their whole level run if I wanted?

ImmortalLowlife
03.07.2013 , 03:39 PM | #2
I've wondered that myself...
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Phorenzyk
03.07.2013 , 04:39 PM | #3
Cartel armor shells carry the same level requirement as the mods within.

FizzwickNuffaa
03.07.2013 , 04:46 PM | #4
Well that's a pity. I'd be more inclined to buy an empty shell than a filled one myself anyways. The mods are handy but limited in how long they last. I'd rather buy a cartel suit for it's look and fill it myself.

jedimasterjac
03.07.2013 , 04:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FizzwickNuffaa View Post
Well that's a pity. I'd be more inclined to buy an empty shell than a filled one myself anyways. The mods are handy but limited in how long they last. I'd rather buy a cartel suit for it's look and fill it myself.
You can replace the mods after they're outdated, if you like the look of the already-modded ones. Or you can use the empty shells (Clairvoyant Officer, Valiant Jedi, etc.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Governor Charleston
You will shoot your enemy once, to ensure he fights no more that day! You will shoot traitors twice, to ensure nothing less than their deserved death!

FizzwickNuffaa
03.07.2013 , 05:16 PM | #6
I know you can update them, I just don't feel that buying such limited-use mods with CCs is all that great a deal, particularly when I can't get around the level restriction on the shells. A Cartel set I can wear from level 1 is more valuable to me than one I cannot, even if it comes with some nice, but temporary, mods. I'll get far more use out of it if it has no restrictions. So any Cartel set that has a level restriction is pretty much off my list for consideration just for that. It's not like mods are exactly hard to get in game.