Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

adaptive armour EXPLAIN!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
adaptive armour EXPLAIN!!!

Gidrea
02.28.2013 , 12:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Or check 'detailed tooltips' under the Preferences menu so that you can see the exact breakdown of your worn armour pieces and other armour pieces.

You're right, it does... I guess I was thinking of when you look at just the modifying piece, like when you are offered a mod or armoring as a reward.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Tatile
02.28.2013 , 12:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
You're right, it does... I guess I was thinking of when you look at just the modifying piece, like when you are offered a mod or armoring as a reward.
Yeah - it would be nice if you could compare those, but think of how many little pop-up windows you'd get when you mouse over the mods *shudder* screen space plz.

LooneyMobb
03.07.2013 , 08:20 AM | #23
Wait so, is it only usable once or will it, for example, level up with me. If i'm a low lvl will it lvl up every time i do and automatically pick the best gear stats for that level, or doesn't it only pick best stats once?

Eternalnight
03.07.2013 , 08:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LooneyMobb View Post
Wait so, is it only usable once or will it, for example, level up with me. If i'm a low lvl will it lvl up every time i do and automatically pick the best gear stats for that level, or doesn't it only pick best stats once?
What are you rambling about?

No, it does not "pick up the best gear stats" every time, and further more it does not "pick up the best gear stats" at all, not even once.

Seriously, it has been explained here many times over already what adaptive armor is, so no need to explain it all over again. Just read the other posts.

Eternalnight
03.07.2013 , 08:57 AM | #25
Ok, for the billionth time.

The only thing that makes adaptive armor "adaptive" is that it changes it's armor match the armor value of Light, Medium, or Heavy armor depending on the highest armor proficiency of the wearer. This adds different multiplier to the armor rating gained from the armoring you put inside it.

Normal custom armors are just fixed to one armor type, so light armor wearers can't even wear heavy at all and heavy armor wearers can wear light but gain only half as much armor than they would with heavy.

Other than that adaptive armor works exactly same as any modifiable custom armor.

They have no stats in them. All stats come from armoring, mod, and enhancement you put inside them. To keep the stats appropriate for level, you need to put new modifications into them every 2 levels.

Beemerchick
03.07.2013 , 09:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Ok, for the billionth time.
They have no stats in them. All stats come from armoring, mod, and enhancement you put inside them. To keep the stats appropriate for level, you need to put new modifications into them every 2 levels.
That isn't quite right.

Mods need to be upgraded on every planet, but you don't have to upgrade all modifications every time. Each time you go to upgrade, check to see which modifications are the lowest level. Replace the lowest first, then if you have more comms, upgrade the next lowest, and so on...

Gidrea
03.07.2013 , 03:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beemerchick View Post
That isn't quite right.

Mods need to be upgraded on every planet, but you don't have to upgrade all modifications every time. Each time you go to upgrade, check to see which modifications are the lowest level. Replace the lowest first, then if you have more comms, upgrade the next lowest, and so on...
This ^^^. Use your planetary comms for armoring and mods as you're leaving the planet. That will keep you geared pretty well as you level up.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!