Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!
 

EatenByDistance's Avatar


EatenByDistance
02.24.2013 , 02:34 AM | #291
ok, here's the essay I promised. Please for the love of god keep this bumped so it gets the attention of the devs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...00#post5906200

p.s. 50k views thanks for the support everyone
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.24.2013 , 04:35 AM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
ok, here's the essay I promised. Please for the love of god keep this bumped so it gets the attention of the devs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...00#post5906200

p.s. 50k views thanks for the support everyone
Nice, I was coming back to this thread just to find out how you felt about the 2.0 changes. Very good write up.

iesnbold's Avatar


iesnbold
02.25.2013 , 07:32 AM | #293
28-madness DF hits and crits higher than 27-Deception Shocks (non-chain Shock, which can be compared to ticking dots and lighting charge procs for madness). It's sad

Neoforcer's Avatar


Neoforcer
02.25.2013 , 01:35 PM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Nice, I was coming back to this thread just to find out how you felt about the 2.0 changes. Very good write up.
Ya have to agree waka has been spot on when it come to are class it to bad that BW did what they did to us in 2.0

EatenByDistance's Avatar


EatenByDistance
03.02.2013 , 02:11 AM | #295
at home this weekend but have no motivation/reason to make videos since 2.0 is gonna change everything

i might stream some regs or something but i honestly have less than zero desire to play this game anymore so idk

my sub runs out in 19 days and there is a good chance I will not renew

we'll see
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

iesnbold's Avatar


iesnbold
03.02.2013 , 07:27 AM | #296
2.0 isn't live yet, things may change before then

Systemxess's Avatar


Systemxess
03.06.2013 , 04:26 PM | #297
I'm the node guarder for my rwz team, running 23/1/17. Was wondering if it's really worth going full DPS gear since I only hit about 22k with end-stim at most, which is arguably worse than letting go of some power mods and getting a little bit more HP with endurance mods since more HP (26-27k) = longer time to stall attackers for some1 to come and help me?

or should I just keep my dps gear and try to become a master of 1v1s?

sorry if this question has been answered, really tired so haven't been reading that thoroughly

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
03.06.2013 , 04:36 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Systemxess View Post
I'm the node guarder for my rwz team, running 23/1/17. Was wondering if it's really worth going full DPS gear since I only hit about 22k with end-stim at most, which is arguably worse than letting go of some power mods and getting a little bit more HP with endurance mods since more HP (26-27k) = longer time to stall attackers for some1 to come and help me?

or should I just keep my dps gear and try to become a master of 1v1s?

sorry if this question has been answered, really tired so haven't been reading that thoroughly
Really depends how your team wants you to do it. My team generally just wants me to stall until help gets there so I run it in tank gear. The philosophy behind this is what if they decide to send one more in stealth, or they send a similarly spec'd shadow/'sin who can just lift/whirlwind you then you get capped on. Better to play the sap/cc until help arrives strat to ensure not losing a game that you're already winning because your team took an unnecessary risk.

However, there have been times when the dps race on the main node is so close that they can't spare one person, in which case I try to switch to dps gear in time for the impending 1v1. This very rarely happens though.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

Systemxess's Avatar


Systemxess
03.06.2013 , 05:03 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
Really depends how your team wants you to do it. My team generally just wants me to stall until help gets there so I run it in tank gear. The philosophy behind this is what if they decide to send one more in stealth, or they send a similarly spec'd shadow/'sin who can just lift/whirlwind you then you get capped on. Better to play the sap/cc until help arrives strat to ensure not losing a game that you're already winning because your team took an unnecessary risk.

However, there have been times when the dps race on the main node is so close that they can't spare one person, in which case I try to switch to dps gear in time for the impending 1v1. This very rarely happens though.
I guess I could keep two sets of gear for each scenario then?
ty for help

EatenByDistance's Avatar


EatenByDistance
03.12.2013 , 05:07 PM | #300
I have decided to quit ToR. Information about the future of this guide and just a general farewell can be seen in this topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/newre...eply&p=5987793

I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone in this thread that has defended, theorycrafted and otherwise supported this guide and I since I created it way back when.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.