Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Potential 2.0 PVP Spec?

JP_Legatus
03.04.2013 , 02:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
Those are defensive measures. While I haven't explicitly tested 2.0 in terms of dark ward and shielding, I think I should be able to survive a bit longer, enough to make a dent on the other team. I already hit 4k death fields in my min maxed 50 gear (as a level 55), combine that with hitting 5 people, is quite nice (a mini smash if you will).

Also people seem to forget the importance of out of stealth spike, it's such a useful skill and should almost be used at every chance possible.
If you want more damage, then you should be taking wither, conspirators cloak, and mounting darkness and dropping a point somewhere else in darkness to keep at 36. This will give you much more damage and won't rape your force pool in the process, while also giving you extra harnessed darkness stacks, and aoe slow and damage reduction, and won't waste points in dot damage. No matter how you slice it, death field without fanatacism is a bad idea.
My question to you though is this: if you wanted more dps and not a tanking spec, why did you get dark ward and dark bulwark? You know shielding without any absorb is pointless right?
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Grogget
03.04.2013 , 11:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
If you want more damage, then you should be taking wither, conspirators cloak, and mounting darkness and dropping a point somewhere else in darkness to keep at 36. This will give you much more damage and won't rape your force pool in the process, while also giving you extra harnessed darkness stacks, and aoe slow and damage reduction, and won't waste points in dot damage. No matter how you slice it, death field without fanatacism is a bad idea.
My question to you though is this: if you wanted more dps and not a tanking spec, why did you get dark ward and dark bulwark? You know shielding without any absorb is pointless right?
Because you cannot progress up the tree without wasting points in those shield skills.
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

MasterFeign
03.04.2013 , 02:27 PM | #13
Full wither buffs still provides about half the damage that deathfield does (not to mention it has a 10 metre non-placeable range). I'm already used to using maul from behind, and with the spike move, it's no issue to get behind them, I'm already used to it. My force pool is also quite plentiful so no fanaticism is okay with me.

Dark ward now provides damage mitigation to kinetic abilities. I use a shield (with dps mods), so I loose something like 100 force bonus damage, but gain a decent amount of mitigation which can be used for both those moves. Plus they provide more chances to quicken the cooldown of force shroud.

JP_Legatus
03.04.2013 , 11:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Grogget View Post
Because you cannot progress up the tree without wasting points in those shield skills.
You were saying?

JP_Legatus
03.04.2013 , 11:38 PM | #15
Full wither buffs still provides about half the damage that deathfield does (not to mention it has a 10 metre non-placeable range). I'm already used to using maul from behind, and with the spike move, it's no issue to get behind them, I'm already used to it. My force pool is also quite plentiful so no fanaticism is okay with me.

Dark ward now provides damage mitigation to kinetic abilities. I use a shield (with dps mods), so I loose something like 100 force bonus damage, but gain a decent amount of mitigation which can be used for both those moves. Plus they provide more chances to quicken the cooldown of force shroud.
So instead of using just one 50 force ability you're going to use 2 in your rotation?
Best of luck to your force pool (and if you'd actually tried it you'd see you actually don't have enough force with just DF), and full darkness actually does more dps anyways if you parse it out. But feel free to go for it.

Grogget
03.05.2013 , 01:18 AM | #16
>Implying it's not a SWTOR-spy bug.

http://i.imgur.com/8ImHbGE.jpg
See also:
http://i.imgur.com/6z0Edgc.jpg

You can't progress up the darkness tree without taking Dark Bulwark, although it would be nice to...
4/10 for trying.
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

Novarium
03.05.2013 , 05:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Grogget View Post
>Implying it's not a SWTOR-spy bug.

http://i.imgur.com/8ImHbGE.jpg
See also:
http://i.imgur.com/6z0Edgc.jpg

You can't progress up the darkness tree without taking Dark Bulwark, although it would be nice to...
4/10 for trying.
lol in both of those screen shots you have 1 point in charge mastery and no points in swelling... so you can progress up the tree with out them
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

Grogget
03.05.2013 , 12:36 PM | #18
Ah, my mistake, I apologize. Went around and played with it a bit more and found that you can skip Dark Bulwark if you have points in the lowest trees... which is weird, to say the least. Either way though, I think maybe this time around a full 36-point build might be the best way to go with all the bonuses to healing, not to mention maxed chain shock and avoidance.
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

MasterFeign
03.05.2013 , 02:38 PM | #19
So instead of using just one 50 force ability you're going to use 2 in your rotation?
Best of luck to your force pool (and if you'd actually tried it you'd see you actually don't have enough force with just DF), and full darkness actually does more dps anyways if you parse it out. But feel free to go for it.
150 force goes a long way.

Grogget
03.06.2013 , 10:39 AM | #20
150 force goes a long way.
What exactly do you do to get a 150 force pool? I know it has something to do with the Force-Mystic PVE set... but I think I'm missing something here.
SWTOR Youtube for PVP