Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Faction Populations


kriegheld's Avatar


kriegheld
03.03.2013 , 08:12 AM | #1
I'm basing this strictly from the Gree Event and WZs, but I have found it hard to come across many Pubs. Are there just not as many of them on this server?

I understand that players have been making PvP Events on their own, which of course attracts both factions, but what about when there isn't an unofficial event? Is there anyone to fight in the Open World (not ganking lowbies)?

I mean groups, not 1 or 2 guys running around in the world.

Can someone clarify this?
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". ~ George Orwell, Animal Farm
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. " ~ Voltaire

NRN_Hawk's Avatar


NRN_Hawk
03.03.2013 , 08:22 AM | #2
There were lots on voss yesterday, but all in all there are less Reps than Imps.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - You can hate, but you too will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com ~

islander's Avatar


islander
03.03.2013 , 10:39 AM | #3
I'd suggest the population at 50 is around 55 to 45 Imperial.
Quite often during the Ilum event I was outnumbered by Republics in the Northern section of the Gree event. Also, last night initially there was easily 100 Republics troops on Voss, if not a bit more.

If meaningful PvP events occur, the Pubs show up very strong.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Crerin's Avatar


Crerin
03.03.2013 , 11:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I'd suggest the population at 50 is around 55 to 45 Imperial.
Quite often during the Ilum event I was outnumbered by Republics in the Northern section of the Gree event. Also, last night initially there was easily 100 Republics troops on Voss, if not a bit more.

If meaningful PvP events occur, the Pubs show up very strong.
heh idk man I think you're dreaming about it being that close...
70-30 is much more believable :P
Krer 50 Op
Krerin 50 Sorc
Rin 50 Mara

islander's Avatar


islander
03.03.2013 , 12:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Crerin View Post
heh idk man I think you're dreaming about it being that close...
70-30 is much more believable :P
That's not been my experience, at least from a PvPer perspective. I mean real PvP, not doing warzones ad nauseum. Warzone wise, it's more like 60-40.

When Pubs have a good reason to show up, lately they are. Maybe some are Imperial alts, I dunno.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

UzielStormcrow's Avatar


UzielStormcrow
03.03.2013 , 08:31 PM | #6
That's the way it generally is Reps are committed to the cause since traditionally we are outnumbered. I don't know server population here but when I was still on veela we were outnumbered 5 to 1. But that was because there was a troll guild on Republic side that drove many to rage quit. It made Ilum fun when we had to fight off three imp ops groups thru sneaky tactics.
Kae Quel-Droama 55 Sage
Tyreal-Brandt
55 Vanguard
Sen Quel-Droama
55 Jedi Guardian
Former member Champions of the Force
Current member Shards of Alderaan

Pistols-GS's Avatar


Pistols-GS
03.03.2013 , 11:46 PM | #7
The Ilum event is not a legit metric to way in on PvP standards. Most of the Repub guilds out on Ilum during this were PvE guilds. The Republic has more RP/PvE guilds than Imperials, and numbers just don't matter in this game since 90% of the PvP takes place via WZ's. There were more Repub players/guilds crying about getting killed via PvP during the event I hopped on my Imp toon several times just to farm them. It's that embarrassing.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

islander's Avatar


islander
03.04.2013 , 10:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
The Ilum event is not a legit metric to way in on PvP standards. Most of the Repub guilds out on Ilum during this were PvE guilds. The Republic has more RP/PvE guilds than Imperials, and numbers just don't matter in this game since 90% of the PvP takes place via WZ's. There were more Repub players/guilds crying about getting killed via PvP during the event I hopped on my Imp toon several times just to farm them. It's that embarrassing.
Fair point, you'd certainly know.
I was just amazed at how often I was outnumbered in areas during the event. Was amazed I wasn't attacked more, lends credence to your statement ^^^

I guess "Master Skywalker" didn't authorize un-necessary engagement of the enemy
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

stupidsyrup's Avatar


stupidsyrup
03.05.2013 , 10:59 PM | #9
I've not really seen many Imps on the planets I've been on recently (Hoth and Belsavis). But I like the fact that just because they're Imps doesn't mean they gotta be bad all the time. The other day I'm on Belsavis and I pass a couple Imps along the roadway, and I swear they need to make this, we practically did the two-fingered biker wave as we sped by eachother. They could've killed me, but they didn't and I just laughed. I've learned from Alderaan not to kill a lone Imp while he's questing. A group and I were in Castle Panteer and saw some Imp a lvl or two below our lvl's and beat the snot out of him (I aid and abeded by healing). He comes back 5 minutes later with 3 lvl 50's NOT in a group so they simply sent their companions on us. Then proceeded to sit on our dead faces. We laughed though.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

Pistols-GS's Avatar


Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 12:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidsyrup View Post
I've not really seen many Imps on the planets I've been on recently (Hoth and Belsavis). But I like the fact that just because they're Imps doesn't mean they gotta be bad all the time. The other day I'm on Belsavis and I pass a couple Imps along the roadway, and I swear they need to make this, we practically did the two-fingered biker wave as we sped by eachother. They could've killed me, but they didn't and I just laughed. I've learned from Alderaan not to kill a lone Imp while he's questing. A group and I were in Castle Panteer and saw some Imp a lvl or two below our lvl's and beat the snot out of him (I aid and abeded by healing). He comes back 5 minutes later with 3 lvl 50's NOT in a group so they simply sent their companions on us. Then proceeded to sit on our dead faces. We laughed though.
............
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>