Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infinite heal devices ?

Yogol
12.18.2011 , 12:37 PM | #1
1. I see in the list of Biochemic crafting skills, that there are schematics (for about 20k credits) for a purple lvl 50 device that gives an infinite amount of 5k heals.

Can they be used by non-biochemists too ?

The purple devices that I make (through re-engineering) have a ''biochemist level x needed'' restriction on them, so they can only be used by bio-chemists. But on the schematic for the lvl 50 device, there is no ''biocgmist only'' text.

2. Can I get a higher quality schematics from re-engineering purple biochemist devices or is purple the highest for biochemists ?

Thanks for any reply!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

hrelas
12.18.2011 , 12:39 PM | #2
Those schematics are Bind on pickup.

Claymaniac
12.18.2011 , 01:09 PM | #3
Reusable medpacs appear to require Biochem being one of your crew skills in order to use.

Good move, imo. Can't let everyone just get reusable medpacs and have no need to buy any other medpacs.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

GYGelly
12.18.2011 , 02:16 PM | #4
Are there any other tradeskills with these kind of items?
Are there any cybertech devices you have to have cybertech to use, or any armors you have to have synthweaving to use?

Yogol
12.20.2011 , 06:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by hrelas View Post
Those schematics are Bind on pickup.
Yes.

But the items themselves are not. You can sell them. And since on this item, it does not say a Biochem level (as opposed to all other items), I wonder if anyone can use this item
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

BravoMan
12.20.2011 , 06:31 AM | #6
I believe cybertech gets infinite grenades.

Rhellion
12.20.2011 , 07:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
Yes.

But the items themselves are not. You can sell them. And since on this item, it does not say a Biochem level (as opposed to all other items), I wonder if anyone can use this item
The items do have a Biochem requirement, even if TORHead doesn't say that it does.
Slayn of <HARM>, Republic PVP - Anchorhead server

Yogol
12.21.2011 , 01:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhellion View Post
The items do have a Biochem requirement, even if TORHead doesn't say that it does.
Not just TORhead, also the vendor

But I'll take your word for it

Elveleg
12.21.2011 , 03:46 AM | #9
Reusable Medpacs DO have a requirement of Biochem (1). So yeah only biochemists can use them. I am not aware if this also aplies to the 50 lvl equivalents but since I have only 150 skill atm