Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Qutters benefit from leaving

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Qutters benefit from leaving

DarthSabreth
03.05.2013 , 03:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
Working as intended?
Agreed, perhaps the OP''s team should not have been walking in circles, not passing the ball, death matching ect. I cant tell you how many times many players do not do HB matches correctly. its not a wonder why some people quit wzs.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

MotorCityMan
03.05.2013 , 03:45 AM | #12
Why blame players for silly unimaginative WZ design? Every WZ is 2 X 8 player teams fighting over a node, or 2 of 3 nodes. There is no strategy to speak of, no suspense, no variation of design. Hutt ball belongs to premades. PvP in this game is an after thought. People know within the first min who is going to win. Sure, there is the odd exception. If there were more players fighting over more objectives and some tasks involved, then the outcome might still be in doubt 5 mins into the match.

Many people have good ideas in game variation, not just in physical layout, but in levels of winning, choices of objectives, less painful alternatives to simply losing, etc. I am surprised at the lack of imagination that goes into these games. It's not hard to envision a game where a superior team "lost" because they tried for a higher objective, or a lessor team "winning" something because they accomplished a certain number of objectives even though they "lost" the match.

But no, we are stuck with King of the Hill over and over and over again as the only thing the geniuses at this "game" design studio could come up with. Eventually we are all going to become quitters out of sheer boredom.

mulzii
03.05.2013 , 06:24 AM | #13
everyone is so negative. Rather than institute penalties for quitting a WZ, why not start asking for incentives for staying...

JouerTue
03.05.2013 , 08:34 AM | #14
honestly, if i que with a 1-49 char..it's okay to catch also 50 comms and the daily is only 2 matches if you loose and 1 if you win..with 50 chars i que to play the daily (2 to 4 wz) and then keep going until i catch a piece of gear..at least WH..so about 10 WZ. sometimes it really takes a week to do the weekly but quitting is rarely worth the wz comms loss

Daxy
03.05.2013 , 11:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
honestly, if i que with a 1-49 char..it's okay to catch also 50 comms and the daily is only 2 matches if you loose and 1 if you win..with 50 chars i que to play the daily (2 to 4 wz) and then keep going until i catch a piece of gear..at least WH..so about 10 WZ. sometimes it really takes a week to do the weekly but quitting is rarely worth the wz comms loss
maybe not the wz loss but my blood pressure and overall sanity is saved when i quit a horrible wz

SlimsPicken
03.05.2013 , 11:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
I am a strong believer in a quitter penalty for pvprs, however a game should have either a good premade matching system or a solo q only system in place BEFORE quitter penalties are put in place.

With the current system you should quit and quit and quit until enough people make enough noise for real premade matching to be implemented.
nods.

this is exactly right.

Cant do much with the current match system, so take care of your own fun for now.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

HuntersPoint
03.05.2013 , 12:26 PM | #17
a couple of days back we were in one of those epic wz with no healer and no chance to win where we won 10 - 0 on CW, we were losing and would see people quitting left and right, all of a sudden the imps double premade got greedy and went for a 3cap, we 3cap em for a couple of minutes getting even and then holding 2 for the win.

quit or stay it won't matter to me. I wish the rating was used for something other than braggin rights, I mean if its there that should be used for match making. come on eaware give us something useful.
Ryllo @ The Bastion
http://www.twitch.tv/hunterspoint

Tragamite
03.05.2013 , 04:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
Agreed, perhaps the OP''s team should not have been walking in circles, not passing the ball, death matching ect. I cant tell you how many times many players do not do HB matches correctly. its not a wonder why some people quit wzs.
The problem with huttball is that there is nothing like it. It is TOR's version of capture the flag so this passing and teamwork is a bit foreign to many players. There is nothing in PvE that can teach you the basics of huttball.

Other WZs have something in similar in PvE as far as objectives go so you know what to do in those WZs the first time you play. It took me three matches to understand Ancient Hypergate. Only 1 WZ when Novare Coast came out.

In other games with capture the flag type games killing your enemy isn't a bad move like it can be in Huttball. You don't need to pass the flag to progress to the capture point. And it is possible to solo sneak the flag to the goal while in huttball a solo attempt is often fatal and futile.

I'm not saying that it's hard to understand Huttball but for someone not big in PvP they probably think that them running and fighting in the corner is helping someone capture the flag. Killing someone takes the dps off the flag carrier and that should be a good thing too. When killing many enemies sets them up defensively often times.

It's when you just don't understand and don't see what is available or the objectives of a WZ where you shake your head and consider leaving.

However, I was in an alderan match where when the first turret was capped people started leaving. We had 15 participants on our side alone, and I saw at least 3 join again after leaving. So it doesn't always benefit the fleing players.
Whocsllessur Jugg Tank 55, Etim'a'grt Sorc DPS 55, Ruspe-Rurob PT Tank 55, Tolan'dass Snipe DPS 55, Skêlêtor Sin Tank 55 Pesch-rushi Guard Tank 55, Tragamite Scoundrel Heals 55, Slåughter Van DPS 55, Shê-Rå Sage DPS 55

criminalheretic
03.05.2013 , 04:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WickedImage View Post
Of course its a benefit to the quitter, why else would they have left? They can now persue something else that benefits them as opposed to doing something they feel does not benefit them at all. Everybody wins!
Yeah, people don't quit WZs to punish themselves. People stay in WZs to punish themselves.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

foxmob
03.05.2013 , 06:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Yeah, people don't quit WZs to punish themselves. People stay in WZs to punish themselves.
the way back fill works, a quitter will always be replaced. that's a bad thing. cuz that person just back filled into a bad situation and will probably (and more justifiably) quit. another back fill will occur. while all of this is going on, the team continues to play down a man on field (even if one has been found in the system). thus, it not only hurts the ppl who don't quit, it hurts 2-6 more ppl who get pulled into that hot mess.

there are times when I've just had enough, and I'll quit. emotion trumps reason. but it's incredibly selfish and detrimental to the larger community to quit. a lot of ppl don't care about that. whatever.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.