Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArchangelLBC
03.03.2013 , 10:57 PM | #1451
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
just flat reduce the cooldowns of both abilities to 60s. RP for vanguards on a shorter cooldown has almost no impact on their heat management, but it would help a lot of commandos.

and obviously TO on a 60s cooldown would be very good for gunnery (who can talent it down to just 30s).

i think this is probably one of the better ideas ive had lol
^

That. Right there. What this guy said. PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES BIOWARE.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
03.04.2013 , 04:17 PM | #1452
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
^

That. Right there. What this guy said. PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES BIOWARE.
i had a brilliant idea that Tech Override/Power Surge should have a baseline of 2 charges
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

SneiK
03.04.2013 , 08:58 PM | #1453
Well, I figured I'd drop my thoughts about Merc/Commando 2.0 after testing both DPS specs.

Still sucks.

And it took me quite a while to realize this...But, all the AC got, was more outs, and BW tells us that we need to kite, hug the wall etc...

Well, here's the problem, BW: we don't have neither of the two requirements for kiting like that, which are either instant casts, or heavy DoTs.

I agree, the Merc can now escape situations a lot better, but what does that mean? As we are a turret class, it means we can run for our lives, but not much else (by running, we lose majority of our DPS), which doesn't really benefit our team at all.

Picture if they gave these abilities to a sniper. The sniper would do jack **** with these most of the time, as their best defense is their DMG while possessing the requirement for a turret class, the cover.

After seeing the performance of the already overpowered ACs like Sorcs, Smashers and Snipers, and the new Operative DPS, I've lost the last bit of hope for the devs...Yes, operative DPS needed a fix, but operatives already held the #1 healer spot in rankeds, what did the Merc hold? Nothing. The Merc has been absolutely useless the entire existence of this pathetic Pre-Season 1, and BW intends to keep it that way.

I said it over 6 months ago, and I'll say it again: The only thing that saves Mercs, are either instant casts, cover system (or similar immunity to interrupts/leaps/pulls), or heavy DoTs. Pick one BW.

Anyway, I wish all the Mercs (and Commandos) the best of luck with 2.0. My account info tells me I have 0 days left to play. So, on that bombshell, I bid you all farewell.

ArchangelLBC
03.05.2013 , 10:13 AM | #1454
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
i had a brilliant idea that Tech Override/Power Surge should have a baseline of 2 charges
So that gunnery gets three charges with the talent? Yes. Absolutely agree. 3 Charges of TO with a 30s cooldown? Now we're cooking with gas (in PVP anyway).

-Wnd

BanetheDarkLord
03.05.2013 , 11:38 AM | #1455
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
So that gunnery gets three charges with the talent? Yes. Absolutely agree. 3 Charges of TO with a 30s cooldown? Now we're cooking with gas (in PVP anyway).
That's too much for a 30 sec CD (from talent, original 60 sec CD) AND base 2 making it 3 from talent. It's one or the other.
Ry'tan-Juggernaut-55 | Treys'n-Powertech-55 | Velmir-Operative-55 |
Lurruh-Sage-21 | Sellysha-Mercenary-45 | Zarruh-Assassin-41

Kel-vin
03.05.2013 , 12:06 PM | #1456
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
Well, I figured I'd drop my thoughts about Merc/Commando 2.0 after testing both DPS specs.

Still sucks.

And it took me quite a while to realize this...But, all the AC got, was more outs, and BW tells us that we need to kite, hug the wall etc...

Well, here's the problem, BW: we don't have neither of the two requirements for kiting like that, which are either instant casts, or heavy DoTs.

I agree, the Merc can now escape situations a lot better, but what does that mean? As we are a turret class, it means we can run for our lives, but not much else (by running, we lose majority of our DPS), which doesn't really benefit our team at all.

Picture if they gave these abilities to a sniper. The sniper would do jack **** with these most of the time, as their best defense is their DMG while possessing the requirement for a turret class, the cover.

After seeing the performance of the already overpowered ACs like Sorcs, Smashers and Snipers, and the new Operative DPS, I've lost the last bit of hope for the devs...Yes, operative DPS needed a fix, but operatives already held the #1 healer spot in rankeds, what did the Merc hold? Nothing. The Merc has been absolutely useless the entire existence of this pathetic Pre-Season 1, and BW intends to keep it that way.

I said it over 6 months ago, and I'll say it again: The only thing that saves Mercs, are either instant casts, cover system (or similar immunity to interrupts/leaps/pulls), or heavy DoTs. Pick one BW.

Anyway, I wish all the Mercs (and Commandos) the best of luck with 2.0. My account info tells me I have 0 days left to play. So, on that bombshell, I bid you all farewell.
I agree. I don't play merc/commando. I rolled a GS instead. Almost %95 of the time I win 1v1 against those ACs and I'm not the greatest.

Part me thinks that all this complaining about this AC is funny to BW; Mainly because we're all complaining about the way they intended the class to play; hi-tailing it 24/7. I think the DPS in the class needs to be in par with gunslingers. However, is it just me that finds it funny pistols do more damage than canons???
||||||||Server : Prophecy of The Five : Beta Squad 238||||||||

cashogy_reborn
03.05.2013 , 12:45 PM | #1457
Quote: Originally Posted by BanetheDarkLord View Post
That's too much for a 30 sec CD (from talent, original 60 sec CD) AND base 2 making it 3 from talent. It's one or the other.
and how is it too much? care to elaborate on that thought?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
03.05.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1458
Quote: Originally Posted by BanetheDarkLord View Post
Hmmm.....no I think it's about right. Once every 30 seconds, we are allowed to get our setup out uninterrupted. Completely. What's wrong about that again?

Keep in mind we think Charged Bolts should be an instant cast in the Assault tree.

-Wnd

Deluged
03.05.2013 , 07:50 PM | #1459
There is so much work needed on the Commando. Some of you are sure settling for a very minor help to the woefully bad Commando.For me I'm talking about PvP.PvE is so easy that its a waste of breath to even debate it.

Every day I have players completely ignoring me while I tickle them with my best stuff. When I get on my sniper I realize how impotent and useless Commando's really are.
Today I had an opposing player run up to me, realize what class I was, and just ran past getting into a real fight with a shadow.

A net??? We need a major dps INCREASE as well as other stuff. I should have two skills that if allowed to get off would do the same damage as a Sniper in the same scenario. If I'm left alone for two or three shots on my Sniper,
well, forget about it.
What a laughable mess the Commando is in PvP
Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown

Nightkin
03.05.2013 , 08:12 PM | #1460
We are all in love with a class that is fundamentally poorly designed for pvp and all we can hope for is bandaid fixes that mitigates some of the poor mechanic we have to struggle with.

Exactly as i was afraid off before any info was leaked, we will be at rank 55 what we should have been at 50 all along, and quite possibly not even that would make us wanted for ranked pvp.

The very thought that a hardcasting, slowmoving class without any way to dps while moving and no real defences against melee ~ would ever be succesful in pvp is just...no, no! Its not gonna work, and its been proven in pretty much every warzone and by every player since launch.

We are not just struggling against bad design choices, we are struggling against our whole class mechanic, wich sadly is not likely to change.

We need sufficient defences to get away from melee and *instant* cast attacks. This goes against our class design.

I for one am tired of bending over so any melee player within range can park his bike up my buttcrack, im an inch from dumping this class forever.
My videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherEight?feature=watch

Watcher 1-15 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Guild: DRAMA