Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Remove the Free Account Restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Free Account Restriction

gryhmr's Avatar


gryhmr
03.05.2013 , 11:05 AM | #81
Free to Play Tuesday makes me hate queing for PVP The cheap people who cant pay for the game and bother learning how to play pollute the warzones on their free matches. There is no way in hell I'd want them to have no restrictions on games, as a paying customer that would ruin my game all week instead of just one evening.
Greggas - Shadow/Sin- The Bastion

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
03.05.2013 , 11:10 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by gryhmr View Post
Free to Play Tuesday makes me hate queing for PVP The cheap people who cant pay for the game and bother learning how to play pollute the warzones on their free matches. There is no way in hell I'd want them to have no restrictions on games, as a paying customer that would ruin my game all week instead of just one evening.
Way too obvious. 2/10

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
03.05.2013 , 02:35 PM | #83
So you want people to play for free, but can't wear PVP gear. LOL'S this post is just toooo good. So us SUBSCRIBERS have to suffer and play with green geared level 50's to see if they want to join? I mean with that kind of logic why isn't rateds doing well. Each server has only like 2-4 rateds teams because everyone else just gets smashed so they quit. So if green geared people play against fully geared ewh they just get stomped. Do you honestly feel that more people will SUB because they want to get gear to compete with the ewh players. The system in place is working it is just people are not using the system to the fullest potential. You originally put there should be no restrictions, but I am telling you it can be done. I have given you a solution to what you wanted, but yet you still try to argue. You want the F2P players to be able to play PVP without restrictions and there is a way to do it. I have repeatedly wrote what they could do to play for free. So what is the problem. No restrictions problem solved. Buy weekly wz passes.

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
03.05.2013 , 02:40 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.
I have a better idea. Give them their own WZ's with half the bandwidth, so that I don't have to play with people who can't even find their experience bar.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Bullsith's Avatar


Bullsith
03.06.2013 , 01:34 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
So you want people to play for free, but can't wear PVP gear. LOL'S this post is just toooo good. So us SUBSCRIBERS have to suffer and play with green geared level 50's to see if they want to join? I mean with that kind of logic why isn't rateds doing well. Each server has only like 2-4 rateds teams because everyone else just gets smashed so they quit. So if green geared people play against fully geared ewh they just get stomped. Do you honestly feel that more people will SUB because they want to get gear to compete with the ewh players. The system in place is working it is just people are not using the system to the fullest potential. You originally put there should be no restrictions, but I am telling you it can be done. I have given you a solution to what you wanted, but yet you still try to argue. You want the F2P players to be able to play PVP without restrictions and there is a way to do it. I have repeatedly wrote what they could do to play for free. So what is the problem. No restrictions problem solved. Buy weekly wz passes.
Are you simple or something? How the hell do you have to suffer? Honestly? Cause lower geared players are in your WZ? Go *********** do rated and everyone will be packing elite war hero gear if you are too worried that your personal performance is impeded by green geared players, and the way you say it is like they'll all crowd up on your team while the opposing team is packing premades. This is what I meant when I said people call on the biggest ******** just to get their point across, unfortunately most don't filter their thoughts before writing them.

Tell me, using your own logic, why the **** would anyone buy WZ passes when you, yourself say that they will get stomped out by top notch geared players... please tell me, what rational logic did you use to come to that conclusion? That in the 3 weekly warzones they are used as floor mops, what is the bloody point to PVP, what's the bloody point to pay for a short period of access?

I am only subbing for PVP, nothing else. The queues are too long because of the absence of participation in WZ, bottom line, the WZ passes are not working, the quality of PVP does not justify the current F2P formula, to top that, there are no server transfers so I'm stuck on a server with low queues and honestly I will not reroll another character. So please, feel free to come up with a proper solution that does not involve telling people to piss off from your game, crap on free players or other stupid crap that's been called upon to this point.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

gryhmr's Avatar


gryhmr
03.06.2013 , 06:01 AM | #86
OP is just mad because he wants to play but doesn't want to pay. Free players ruin reg warzones with their terrible gear and lack of anything resembling knowledge of their class or game mechanics. Get one, sure I can carry them, get two my back starts to hurt, get three its a loss.

Ques are long? Longest que I have seen since the mergers has been two solid minutes.

Pony up the pass money or the sub money if you want to play warzones. The end.
Greggas - Shadow/Sin- The Bastion

Bullsith's Avatar


Bullsith
03.06.2013 , 06:43 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by gryhmr View Post
OP is just mad because he wants to play but doesn't want to pay. Free players ruin reg warzones with their terrible gear and lack of anything resembling knowledge of their class or game mechanics. Get one, sure I can carry them, get two my back starts to hurt, get three its a loss.

Ques are long? Longest que I have seen since the mergers has been two solid minutes.

Pony up the pass money or the sub money if you want to play warzones. The end.
Yes, I want a handout... must be why I suggested to remove to ability to equip PVP gear from non-subbed players. In fact I'm a free sub myself, I just found a way to trick the forums to post here, cause I just can't toss a few euro per month...
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
03.06.2013 , 12:34 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
Are you simple or something? How the hell do you have to suffer? Honestly? Cause lower geared players are in your WZ? Go *********** do rated and everyone will be packing elite war hero gear if you are too worried that your personal performance is impeded by green geared players, and the way you say it is like they'll all crowd up on your team while the opposing team is packing premades. This is what I meant when I said people call on the biggest ******** just to get their point across, unfortunately most don't filter their thoughts before writing them.

Tell me, using your own logic, why the **** would anyone buy WZ passes when you, yourself say that they will get stomped out by top notch geared players... please tell me, what rational logic did you use to come to that conclusion? That in the 3 weekly warzones they are used as floor mops, what is the bloody point to PVP, what's the bloody point to pay for a short period of access?

I am only subbing for PVP, nothing else. The queues are too long because of the absence of participation in WZ, bottom line, the WZ passes are not working, the quality of PVP does not justify the current F2P formula, to top that, there are no server transfers so I'm stuck on a server with low queues and honestly I will not reroll another character. So please, feel free to come up with a proper solution that does not involve telling people to piss off from your game, crap on free players or other stupid crap that's been called upon to this point.
Hahahahaah!! So mad. You said that if there were no restrictions then make it so they can't get pvp gear. But the way it is now you can get pvp gear so there will be less people in green gear. Queues are not long. Noone has to pay if they don't want to. Its because people are not using the passes. The passes qualify for everything you want, but still not good enough. You don't want to reroll. You don't want to buy passes. Lots of people have given you all the options for people to play for free, but yet you still want it to be no restrictions when it is already possible. If you fail to see that then it is you not the game.

Crerin's Avatar


Crerin
03.06.2013 , 01:11 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
Are you simple or something? How the hell do you have to suffer? Honestly? Cause lower geared players are in your WZ? Go *********** do rated and everyone will be packing elite war hero gear if you are too worried that your personal performance is impeded by green geared players, and the way you say it is like they'll all crowd up on your team while the opposing team is packing premades. This is what I meant when I said people call on the biggest ******** just to get their point across, unfortunately most don't filter their thoughts before writing them.

Tell me, using your own logic, why the **** would anyone buy WZ passes when you, yourself say that they will get stomped out by top notch geared players... please tell me, what rational logic did you use to come to that conclusion? That in the 3 weekly warzones they are used as floor mops, what is the bloody point to PVP, what's the bloody point to pay for a short period of access?

I am only subbing for PVP, nothing else. The queues are too long because of the absence of participation in WZ, bottom line, the WZ passes are not working, the quality of PVP does not justify the current F2P formula, to top that, there are no server transfers so I'm stuck on a server with low queues and honestly I will not reroll another character. So please, feel free to come up with a proper solution that does not involve telling people to piss off from your game, crap on free players or other stupid crap that's been called upon to this point.
ques are short, you QQ a lot...
You can just buy weekly wz passes if you want to unsub... use all your creds that will disapear anyway to get a ton of wz passes, then quit... you can still play your wz's for months on end before even having to do dailies to get credits for more wz passes. Or just stay subbed. Either way, no one wants f2p players to have unlimited access the exact same that we do just with less comms... that is ridiculous. There are plenty of reasons people dont want to play ranked, but that doesn't mean they want people with 15k and green gear on their team or against them for that matter. It isn't fun to roll over green players it isnt fun to be rolled when you randomly get 4 on your team.

Any sub would disagree with your thoughts on this other than people ready to quit and just play wz's. Not to mention as stated above, you can still do this for a long time... so they have already made it possible why not just get some credits buy some passes and quit? My buddy zukala did that, he seems happy. All he can not do is ranked wz's with the passes.
Krer 50 Op
Krerin 50 Sorc
Rin 50 Mara

RidgeBlader's Avatar


RidgeBlader
03.06.2013 , 03:53 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
So you think this restriction is such a *********** samrt thing? Honest?
And FYI I never played this game without a subscription, so I'm not here looking for handouts, cause frankly there's not much to hand out when it comes to PVP.
Yes i think its a smart way to keep those subscribers paying monthly.

3 PVP games a week gives F2P a good idea of how the pvp games are regardless of getting owned or not.

It definitely sounds like you are after a handout. My guess is you are either F2P or are fully geared and only want to do PVP so are looking to drop the sub and play for free now.

Either way it is a poor idea to offer more for free. If they want a free game they can play guild wars 2
Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s