Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Failure

MusicRider
03.05.2013 , 05:44 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Well your server must truly blow. Because TOFN has its own rated league arranged between the guilds. We dont need a new grind? i take it you mean gear? because when the level goes to 55 what did you think would happen?? that gear you grinded at 50 to be viable then??. Are you sure mmo's are for you? because Grind is what mmos are. I can see what your saying about no incentive and the lack of creativity. Also the matchmaking issues completely correct but you complain about grind etc which is completely defunct
Not sure. I don't care about grinding gear, but then I pvp mostly. I mostly care about playing the warzones and winning. Don't even look on commendations or medals any more. Not saying that it should be given for free, as some people like the gear grind and some people like killing the opposite faction and win .

uzebclub
03.05.2013 , 08:34 AM | #32
I bet there will be a new WZ when Makeb hits Live , due to the fact in the last 6 months + when a new OPS came out a WZ follwed it . ie Denova = EC , Ancient Hypergate = TFB. So im thinking thats when the next WZ(s) will be . Well hoping anyways lol

islander
03.05.2013 , 08:52 AM | #33
the one thing I'll give Bioware, is that they seem to have done a pretty good job with 2.0 so far as far as overall balance. There are some problems that need addressing, but not as many as I would have expected at this point given the new levelsand other major modifications to the end game pvper.

Still, here we are with a ranked system that's limited to only 8 people queueing, long queue waits due to no cross server competition, and oh by the way, you aren't matched up well at all because of the lack of....wait for it....cross server queueing.

Ranked PvP is nearly a complete failure, 6 months after it was introduced.

There's a belief that ranked is only supposed to be for the best of the best. I don't believe this to quite be the case. There's plenty of room for teams ranked 1300, 1400, 1500. Heck, I'd probably be on one of these
Assuming we have CS queueing and the matchup engine works as it should - instead of setting you up with a 1900 rated opponent.

We need cross server queuing badly, and having a 4 man queue option for it wouldn't be terrible either. Sure, could have some composition problems, but you get those in normals as it is.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

TheGreatFrosty
03.05.2013 , 10:20 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Really they are focusing on the WRONG things in PVP. Sure balance is important...but instead of trying to re-balance everything, give us a stupid new bolster, re-work stats, etc....they should be focusing on:

New WZ's

New maps for current WZ objectives

Dueling arenas

Reasons to do open world PVP

Places where we can CONVENIENTLY access quickly for open world PVP

Instead we have a bunch of new unbalanced crap that is just annoying, wasn't asked for and was not needed at all. A couple classes needed a buff and everything else needed to be left alone, period. They are focusing on the wrong things. They also need to quit trying to change things that are working just fine.
They need to fix balance to improve the rest. However, they have been unable to do that yet again. Post 2.0 will demonstrate the same bias against certain classes that pre 2.0 does. They need to sort out all the DPS classes now and abandon the idea that the ability is DPS and off heal is somehow greater than the ability to DPS and taunt (looks at Pyro and Smash)

Xienive
03.05.2013 , 10:34 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
most people won't bother? right.. have you seen my latest world pvp video? Linked below for your convenience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXoheIk0vfs
Not all of us play on a PVP server, and they don't have server transfers.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Yes and keep adding these while the balance of pvp is messed up, smart move
From live buff merc dps and heals, fix bubble stun to how it is in 2.0 and problem solved, nothing else was really messed up and class balance would have been great for an mmo.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
They need to fix balance to improve the rest. However, they have been unable to do that yet again. Post 2.0 will demonstrate the same bias against certain classes that pre 2.0 does. They need to sort out all the DPS classes now and abandon the idea that the ability is DPS and off heal is somehow greater than the ability to DPS and taunt (looks at Pyro and Smash)
That's exactly why I posted what I did. Of course we need balance but when I say they should work on other things, it's because balance really would be nearly as good as we can get it if you made the above changes.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

WaywardOne
03.05.2013 , 11:00 AM | #36
From what I saw on test, you now need a rating to use the best pvp gear. I'm not too happy about that but it will mix things up and inspire more ranked play unless I'm missing something.

biowareftw
03.05.2013 , 01:48 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
the one thing I'll give Bioware, is that they seem to have done a pretty good job with 2.0 so far as far as overall balance. There are some problems that need addressing, but not as many as I would have expected at this point given the new levelsand other major modifications to the end game pvper.

Still, here we are with a ranked system that's limited to only 8 people queueing, long queue waits due to no cross server competition, and oh by the way, you aren't matched up well at all because of the lack of....wait for it....cross server queueing.

Ranked PvP is nearly a complete failure, 6 months after it was introduced.

There's a belief that ranked is only supposed to be for the best of the best. I don't believe this to quite be the case. There's plenty of room for teams ranked 1300, 1400, 1500. Heck, I'd probably be on one of these
Assuming we have CS queueing and the matchup engine works as it should - instead of setting you up with a 1900 rated opponent.

We need cross server queuing badly, and having a 4 man queue option for it wouldn't be terrible either. Sure, could have some composition problems, but you get those in normals as it is.
I agree on x server queuing, because that will put premade against premade a lot more.

Why is ranked pvp a failure? Ranked PvP is a failure due to required comps. Tanks are boring to play and one of you literally sits at a node defending the whole game, healers are boring to play in between bunnyhopping/cc'ing/interrupting (about the only fun thing to do while healing). You are required to have 4 of them to compete in a ranked. You are also REQUIRED to have one carnage marauder for the group sprint. When over HALF of your team is required to be support classes/specific specs? Ranked is a pain.

That means 5 people at all times in a guild need to be the perfect spec/class. Op healer, Bubblestun healer, Hybrid sin tank, and usually guardian tank, and carnage marauder. Other then that? ONLY THREE of the EIGHT can be non penciled in, and even then you prefer aoe taunt dps to mitigate damage, which pigeon holes you even farther. You would rather have a JUG dps then another marauder dps, etc. You would rather have a pyro PT then a sniper (unless the sniper is hella good).

In WoW half of your team was not healers/tanks with the other classes being able to taunt. Ranked wasn't too steep to join. In this game? It simply rewards you for playing a perfect comp WAY too much and requires WAY too many healers tanks taunt classes to compete.

Solutions? Good luck. Aoe taunt dps, guard, healer synergy is insanely good. Maybe they could remove the aoe taunt and make it tank spec only, so that more dps classes are viable? Until anything is addressed though? These are the only comps you are going to see, and not everyone is going to reroll to a class they might not even like playing just so they are on equal ground and "skill will win".

You CAN play other comps, but you are just screwing yourself.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

DarthOvertone
03.05.2013 , 02:38 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
No gear progression
No guild based objective pvp
No pvp season
In a nutshell, this is a very accurate and fair assessment of PvP in 2.0 to be sure. There is really nothing in RotHC for PvP except what looks like a botched attempt at class rebalancing and the extremely buggy implementation of the Bolster mechanic which only really is of benefit to PvErs who didn't like having to grind PvP gear.

Pretty disappointing.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | War Hero Alphabond - Sniper | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

HuaRya
03.05.2013 , 03:02 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
From what I saw on test, you now need a rating to use the best pvp gear. I'm not too happy about that but it will mix things up and inspire more ranked play unless I'm missing something.
If I understand that correctly that would mean the guild teams that can get this top notch gear will then go into the non-rated servers just to kick around the ones of lesser gear?

islander
03.05.2013 , 03:08 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I agree on x server queuing, because that will put premade against premade a lot more.

Why is ranked pvp a failure? Ranked PvP is a failure due to required comps. Tanks are boring to play and one of you literally sits at a node defending the whole game, healers are boring to play in between bunnyhopping/cc'ing/interrupting (about the only fun thing to do while healing). You are required to have 4 of them to compete in a ranked. You are also REQUIRED to have one carnage marauder for the group sprint. When over HALF of your team is required to be support classes/specific specs? Ranked is a pain.

That means 5 people at all times in a guild need to be the perfect spec/class. Op healer, Bubblestun healer, Hybrid sin tank, and usually guardian tank, and carnage marauder. Other then that? ONLY THREE of the EIGHT can be non penciled in, and even then you prefer aoe taunt dps to mitigate damage, which pigeon holes you even farther. You would rather have a JUG dps then another marauder dps, etc. You would rather have a pyro PT then a sniper (unless the sniper is hella good).

In WoW half of your team was not healers/tanks with the other classes being able to taunt. Ranked wasn't too steep to join. In this game? It simply rewards you for playing a perfect comp WAY too much and requires WAY too many healers tanks taunt classes to compete.

Solutions? Good luck. Aoe taunt dps, guard, healer synergy is insanely good. Maybe they could remove the aoe taunt and make it tank spec only, so that more dps classes are viable? Until anything is addressed though? These are the only comps you are going to see, and not everyone is going to reroll to a class they might not even like playing just so they are on equal ground and "skill will win".

You CAN play other comps, but you are just screwing yourself.
Pretty much. With Bubble stun gone, it's either a second operative, or a really skilled pure sorc healer. I expect in the future (2.0) ranked teams will likely see this second healer as interchangable between the two.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five