Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In 2.0 diminishing returns on Crit after 20% but smash still autocrits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
In 2.0 diminishing returns on Crit after 20% but smash still autocrits

ArchangelLBC
03.05.2013 , 10:12 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
Before this thread gets derailed, I'd just like to emphasize one thing:

This thread should be focused on why Bioware needs to UN-Nerf crit to some degree on the PTS and when 2.0 goes live. This thread should NOT be focused on how this one talent change was overpowered or how marauders need nerfed more.

Have a nice day
Quoted because this is 100% true. Unnerf crit to some extent. I'd rather buff everyone back up then nerf smash only because nerfing smash won't suddenly make crit worth taking for everyone else.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

WaywardOne
03.05.2013 , 10:31 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Says the class with the second best aoe mez in the game. The chain mezzing by knights and warriors is out of control
While I would not complain for 1 second if all mezzes were made pve-only, knight-warrior mezzes aren't as good as good as smuggler's which lasts longer and are not point blank range. And stealth classes can mez from stealth for longer than any awe effects. I would rather have a mezz-at-will for 8 seconds than awe which is fairly pointless for a smasher but is good in huttball for reasons other than damage.

On topic - is smash parsing higher than other dos specs? Are smashers the only class that can get 37k health?

Xienive
03.05.2013 , 10:36 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
lol 37k hit points. How many will my Sage have. I'm going to have to do some serious dot damage if Im going to DOT kill a 37K health opponent. I hope they add more columns for me to hide behind when my dots are ticking

Jenna'syyde
I'm still not sure if it was suppose to be that way or the dude found a way to make the bolster help him more because back at the fleet he only had 25k hp when I found him.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Givemedanger
03.05.2013 , 10:40 AM | #74
Nah just remove autocrit from the game. Give those classes recklessness and there will be balance. PVE? I don't give a crap about PVE.

Siorac
03.05.2013 , 10:54 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
I'm still not sure if it was suppose to be that way or the dude found a way to make the bolster help him more because back at the fleet he only had 25k hp when I found him.
Enure/Endure Pain temporarily adds 30% to maximum health and Rakata medpac gives an additional 15%.

25k + 25k*0.3 = 32.5k
32.5k + 32.5*0.15 = 37375

Voilá.

NathanielStarr
03.11.2013 , 01:28 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
Nah just remove autocrit from the game. Give those classes recklessness and there will be balance. PVE? I don't give a crap about PVE.
Well yeah no one needs an autocrit. We should have to carefully pick and choose how we do our gear and weigh the trade offs.

But really if smash belonged to a squishy class (don't even try to say warriors and knights are squishy) then maybe it would make some sense. But those are the favorite classes to the designers apparently, so they are tanks with the highest damage in the game.

JP_Legatus
03.11.2013 , 01:49 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
So I was on the PTS today and critical chance really drops off after 20% now. I think it's fine, BUT smash still autocrits. I know a couple of other classes have some autocrit abilities, but nothing nearly as damaging as smash.

What do you think about this? I know smash got a small nerf in damage, but still most smashers have around 82% surge or more.
Smash got a small nerf but they also got several buffs to make up for it.
In exchange, they also nerfed crit to make sure other classes still couldn't keep up with autocrits on smash. Oh wait, that's a smash buff.
Here's looking forward to another smash-infested rated meta. At least they got rid of bubblestun. Oh wait, that's another smash buff.
Damn.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Mattcee
03.11.2013 , 04:40 AM | #78
smash is the easiest thing in game to counter. even more so now in 2.0. cure the force crush = they do no damage. taunt before they smash. sniper bubble. intercede or other damage reduction before there smash. Really isnt that hard and is so predictable.

BambulaGTS
03.11.2013 , 04:45 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Mattcee View Post
smash is the easiest thing in game to counter. even more so now in 2.0. cure the force crush = they do no damage. taunt before they smash. sniper bubble. intercede or other damage reduction before there smash. Really isnt that hard and is so predictable.
If only dispel was out of GCD

Naej
03.11.2013 , 05:29 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
There is nothing complicated about playing a sniper...There is nothing complicated about ANY of the classes. I'd say you don't see very many snipers because the class itself is extremely boring, especially if you play marksmen. Your rotation is literally 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3. It's so braindead and it will be even more brain dead in 2.0.
Wow... I don't think I have disagreed more with what you just said of all the forum posts I've read. Sniper a 3-button class?

We're definitely not playing the same class... Sniper (even Marksman) I a class full of resource and strategy. Only the bad ones rotate 3 buttons. I don't consider myself that good with my gunslinger, but definitely, it is probably the deadliest class in the right hands.

No one plays them because it's so hard to play them at such a high level.
Naej - 50 Jedi Guardian / Eljian - 50 Gunslinger [AWAKEN - PotF]
Furlone - 38 Vanguard / Jaen - 45 Jedi Shadow / Florune - 11 Mercenary / Jyang - 11 Operative