Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Truth About Rage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Truth About Rage

Wookieenator
03.04.2013 , 03:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
That cuts deep Rav, oh so deep. Guess ill be putting that full wh pt set to use after all TT.
well you are currently our 1-mara pred. bot so congrats

Schizo_Toast
03.04.2013 , 03:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by thesadplanet View Post
Due to the reality of field respec in pvp, I would much rather have a sorc or powertech dps in ranked pvp than a marauder. Besides predation, they dont really serve a purpose that can't be done just as well by another class, especially in 2.0.
It is kinda true right now. I play a marauder and if predation didn't exist I guarantee you my spot on the rwz team would be replaced by a sniper or pt. People can complain about lolsmash all they want but the fact is carnage will always be better than rage for ranked play. Rage is fun for regs and inflating your epeen damage numbers but the fact is even with bubble stun gone it's not good enough for ranked. Not that it's terrible for ranked just that there are much better options.
B'larg Schizo, Marauder POT5
Blarg's guild adventures: ORW->RSU->ORW->Is Bad->Clutch->???

foxmob
03.04.2013 , 09:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I know it's a long CD it's just annoys me that they can have that kind of damage setup before they even enter combat. I'm also not a huge fan of getting leaped to immediately hitting my KB seeing the Smash animation go off 10 meters away and still getting hit for 5k.
I feel your pain. but it's a 10m diameter. that's 5m radius. he's only 5m away.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Siorac
03.05.2013 , 09:04 AM | #24
I think the concept that the hardest hitting ability should be an autocrit AoE has been flawed from the start and it still is.

However, in the original version of the spec, there were a few challenges and discomforts going with it. Focus/Rage management wasn't trivial and though good players didn't have problems, it was still a challenge and it made the spec somewhat uncomfortable to play in PvE. It added to the skill requirement. Smash's damage also wasn't instant but that was rubbish and needed to change, no complaints there.

With all the quality of life improvements and buffs the spec got, however, it became really really easy to play. Focus/Rage management is beyond easy now and will be even easier in 2.0 - the spec generates more resources than Vigilance... Instant autocrit AoE, easy rotation, no resource management: no wonder players flocked to the spec as you can put up huge numbers with it. It can also make regular warzones completely unplayable; with 4 smashers on each side your average life expectancy is about 5 seconds. And that's not fun.

The 2.0 changes change nothing in this respect.

1. Losing Stasis is a nerf to Sentinels but with the Centering mechanism they won't really care, they build Singularity so fast that they don't really need Stasis. For Guardians, the changes to Combat Focus more than make up for losing Stasis which was interruptable and generally the least reliable way to generate Singularity.

2. The 15% reduction in critical damage is the only outright nerf but Sweep/Smash is still the hardest hitting ability in the game and it still hits up to five targets - and it's still an autocrit which is more important than ever, with the changes to crit rating. Regular warzones will still be full of Smashers and it still won't be much fun to play against 4+ of them.

LordExozone
03.05.2013 , 09:10 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
You "only" get smashed for 7k because you have a 30% aoe reduction
Not to mention he is getting smashed mostly by enemy players who do not have fully min-maxed conqueror gear, but most likely warhero or arkanian gear, meaning he gets further damage resistance from the extra expertise he has.

Aluvi is right though in that Lightning sorcs and snipers do ridiculous burst as well from 30 meters away.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

NoTomorrow
03.05.2013 , 09:48 AM | #26
I don't care that i am an MM sniper and dominate the crap out every Smasher out there.
I don't care that that other classeses have also a decent burst and can do quite a lot of damage.

What i do care however, is that somebody can ignore entirely the crit rating stat and focus on power. I don't want to see this sort of auto-crit mechanic in my game. Smash is the reason why developers had to add a crapload of AoE DR talents to the classes after the release, thus nerfing the rest of the AoE in the game.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.