Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cptfirehawk
03.03.2013 , 08:25 PM | #1121
1. Jedi Covenant
2. all characters
3. whenever tabbing out, randomly while on ship
4. see above
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. can almost always cause this to happen when i tab out 8/10 times it crashes tabbing out, the other times its random

Baramaethor
03.04.2013 , 12:08 PM | #1122
Experienced this for 3-4 months, tried numerous solution with no luck.

however the solution provided by OwenBrooks solved the issue for me.

Now I only very rarely experience a crash (2-3 times a week max.), as opposed to the usual 1.5-2 hours crashes.

Try the solution as stated by OwenBrooks

Br

hplebar
03.04.2013 , 10:30 PM | #1123
hey will you guys take a survey for my english 102 class please? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZMWGQNK

nikerbop
03.05.2013 , 04:00 PM | #1124
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Try editing the client_setings file as detailed here http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=498597#4
Thank you good, sir!! The changes to the client_settings.ini fixed it! Thank you so much!!

I am ever most grateful for your sharing this.
Dobhran, The Balance Maker

OwenBrooks
03.06.2013 , 02:18 AM | #1125
Quote: Originally Posted by cptfirehawk View Post
1. Jedi Covenant
2. all characters
3. whenever tabbing out, randomly while on ship
4. see above
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. can almost always cause this to happen when i tab out 8/10 times it crashes tabbing out, the other times its random
If you go back to the 306.97 drivers does this stop for you ?

OwenBrooks
03.06.2013 , 02:19 AM | #1126
Quote: Originally Posted by nikerbop View Post
Thank you good, sir!! The changes to the client_settings.ini fixed it! Thank you so much!!

I am ever most grateful for your sharing this.
Your welcome glad it helped

Ishigum
03.06.2013 , 03:06 PM | #1127
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
For those running 32 bit OS on Vista or Windows 7 to likely stop the crashes that people experience after 1 - 2 hours

For Windows XP 32 Bit
Spoiler
This worked for me! Thank you very much! I've been playing for 6 hours straight every night with no crashes whatsoever. I did get a nv4_disp.dll blue screen when trying to load the game once but one I restarted it worked just fine! Bump this!!
"A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer." - Mitch Hedberg

xSilenciox
03.07.2013 , 11:45 AM | #1128
I don't know if this was mentioned. (Didnt read the whole thread) I experience crash to desktop whenever java checks for updates. Anyone experience the same?

Mubark
03.07.2013 , 05:56 PM | #1129
no idea all the specs. All I know is I can move and roam all I want as long as I use my keyboard binds. I try to use my mouse and I get a crash to desktop.... This happens on all the servers I play on and usually when the server population is high.

I play on:
the Shadowlands
Prophecy of the nine or is it five? lol.
and a European server I can't remember the name of.

NEW: I was advised by a friend to run as admin and it worked up until the patch for the double exp weekend. Then, back to the same ********. I can do menus, trades, look at the map, buy stuff in the cartel market, etc. The moment I try to hit an elevator or interact with anything with my mouse I crash to desktop. Any ETA on when this is getting fixed????

tendura
03.08.2013 , 12:28 PM | #1130
Crashes like this should have a frequency of once a week or less... I gave up on it receiving a fix long ago. I do still CTD about 4 times a day tho.