Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is reporting rude behavior even worth it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is reporting rude behavior even worth it?

slafko's Avatar


slafko
03.04.2013 , 03:32 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
Of course I ignored this user.
Was that on Red Eclipse server? I've met one chap with the same style of communication.

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
03.04.2013 , 12:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
I am not sure if reporting rude behavior in general chat is worth it. I've been playing this game for a year now, and have yet to report anyone for it, since I generally ignore rude people and try not to get involved in any "fights" I see in the game. So I'd like to get any of the communities opinions that I can get on the subject. Even if it's just one person.

The reason I ask is because I recently got attacked. For anyone who cares to know more detail:

Spoiler


Of course I ignored this user.
Well, reporting is totally useless ... unless someone is spaming...

If he calls you names your only option is ignore...but from what ive seen... noone who got reported has ever even got a warning....

also.. if he calls you asperger or WoW kiddie... why you wet your pants?
ignore and go on....

Quote: Originally Posted by ClarkWGriswald View Post
I reported a player yesterday for advertising he could make Dread Gaurd level mods. I should've checked his schematics but I didn't. Well I traded the mats and 20k for tip (because he didn't ask, so I gave him something). He began to ride away on his speeder and I whisper him, "Where you going?". He put me on ignore and took my mats.

I switched to another character and asked him kindly for my mats. He said he doesn't know what I was talking about. I told him was going to have his account banned and he replied give me 25k and I'll give them back. I reported him and haven't heard anything.

If you see a guy by the name of Lordxrevn or any variation on either side, buyer beware.
it not forbidden.. if he decides to be a thief its part of game....
you cant report people because they accept items that YOU trade them
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Elyssandra's Avatar


Elyssandra
03.04.2013 , 05:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
you cant report people because they accept items that YOU trade them
Of course you can.

Elyssandra's Avatar


Elyssandra
03.04.2013 , 05:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ClarkWGriswald View Post
...

If you see a guy by the name of Lordxrevn or any variation on either side, buyer beware.
He's done this before to a few it seems http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...15#post5787615 Did you not get your mats back though from his GM?

Radzkie's Avatar


Radzkie
03.04.2013 , 08:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Was that on Red Eclipse server? I've met one chap with the same style of communication.
Nope. I'm sure there's a lot of people like him though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Well, reporting is totally useless ... unless someone is spaming...

also.. if he calls you asperger or WoW kiddie... why you wet your pants?
I found out that reporting is not useless.

"Wet my pants"? Um...wat?

I respectfully replied to him and kept my cool the entire time.

To everyone else: Thanks for the replies.

Kyrmius's Avatar


Kyrmius
03.12.2013 , 04:34 PM | #26
I did something completely different on this issue, and my enjoyment of SWTOR in some ways has gone down, but I am also no where near as upset while playing as I used to be when I watched chat closely...

I shut off general chat completely. All chat actually, even say and whisper. I now enjoy a pleasant gaming experience in a Star Wars environment, and I leave everyone alone to enjoy SWTOR the way they wish to, even if their way is rude and obnoxious. I don't see it any longer, so it doesn't bother me any more.

Sounds crazy to do in a MMO yes, but running a MMO without Chat Moderators is even more crazy, and that is how BW/EA is doing it since launch. So... am I really the one doing it wrong?

amaresch's Avatar


amaresch
03.12.2013 , 06:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrmius View Post
I did something completely different on this issue, and my enjoyment of SWTOR in some ways has gone down, but I am also no where near as upset while playing as I used to be when I watched chat closely...

I shut off general chat completely. All chat actually, even say and whisper. I now enjoy a pleasant gaming experience in a Star Wars environment, and I leave everyone alone to enjoy SWTOR the way they wish to, even if their way is rude and obnoxious. I don't see it any longer, so it doesn't bother me any more.

Sounds crazy to do in a MMO yes, but running a MMO without Chat Moderators is even more crazy, and that is how BW/EA is doing it since launch. So... am I really the one doing it wrong?
I do a bit of this, too. While part of me acknowledges the uniqueness added by interaction with others, there is a part of me that wishes that this game would evolve totally into a single-player game; as the people seem to be the single biggest problem with this game at times. This isn't all the time, but my rate of reporting disgusting behavior and adding to my ignore list is increasing every week it seems. What else will I do when I run out of ignore slots on all my characters? Either play less or run entirely with chat off- which I can't imagine the devs really want . Those who back freedom of speech won't like this, but there are people who will not act decently unless there is a deterrent force present- which none of us players can be at this time. Conversation in chat is fine and doesn't bother me even if it does go off-topic(bacon talking may soon be an exception), but when the chat goes malignant it is time for something to be done.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger