Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Wolfninjajedi
03.04.2013 , 04:39 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
G0-T0 can tell the spacers and smugglers whatever he likes. You know what they're going to tell him?
"Piss off, ******!" ... or something of that nature. If a Sith warfleet attacks Nar Shadaa, no one is going to orchestrate a heroic defense of the planet, the smugglers are going to get the heck out of dodge as fast as they can jump to lightspeed.
This made me lol I can just imagine the smugglers and BH's saying "**** this ****!" and getting outta there. I would imagine things would be different, if it weren't a sith fleet though or if tech wasn't the same, then the smugglers/bhs and the like might do something.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
03.04.2013 , 04:58 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
This made me lol I can just imagine the smugglers and BH's saying "**** this ****!" and getting outta there. I would imagine things would be different, if it weren't a sith fleet though or if tech wasn't the same, then the smugglers/bhs and the like might do something.
This is one of the arguments I never understood. If an enemy invasion fleet is above the planet, the last thing a credit loving smuggler is going to do is try to fight the fleet. At best he will just run the blockade and jet away to some other underworld hub.

You can't spend your credits if you're dead.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ventessel
03.04.2013 , 05:22 PM | #173
That's basically one of the primary weaknesses of criminal organizations in general. They're only in it while the money is good and the risk of dying fairly minimal (or at least it's more likely someone else will die first). Criminals are ill-suited for fighting prolonged wars.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

GarfieldJL
03.04.2013 , 07:48 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
This is one of the arguments I never understood. If an enemy invasion fleet is above the planet, the last thing a credit loving smuggler is going to do is try to fight the fleet. At best he will just run the blockade and jet away to some other underworld hub.

G0-T0 could actually use that to escape in the confusion though.

Warren-Stride
03.05.2013 , 07:53 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

The argument is that if a power BLOCKADES Nar Shaddaa, as has been suggested for Traya with her garvity well things, then there'll be backlash. Smugglers can't make credits off the biggest underworld market in the galaxy if they can't leave or enter Nar Shaddaa. They're not gonna sit by and lose money, influence, and favor with the dangerous gang leaders they work for. Trying to interupt the business of the underworld has never ended well for anyone.

And, as GarfieldJL pointed out, if Traya does not activate the gravity wells and everyone escapes, G0-T0 will have the same chance to disappear. (For sure, considering he's invisible already.)
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

LadyKulvax
03.05.2013 , 08:37 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
The argument is that if a power BLOCKADES Nar Shaddaa, as has been suggested for Traya with her garvity well things, then there'll be backlash. Smugglers can't make credits off the biggest underworld market in the galaxy if they can't leave or enter Nar Shaddaa. They're not gonna sit by and lose money, influence, and favor with the dangerous gang leaders they work for. Trying to interupt the business of the underworld has never ended well for anyone.
*Cough* Taris *cough*
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling
03.05.2013 , 02:13 PM | #177
The benefits of blockading Nar Shaddaa are pretty small, however that's not to say Traya has no way of destroying Jekk'Jekk Tarr. I originally thought a full body suit was needed because the toxic fumes where lethal to the touch, not only to breath in. (I believe the enviro-suit was a plot device.) However this seems not to be the case as the Exile only used breath control to bypass them. So, equip some assassins with breathing masks and send them in stealthed with some clientele.

Then have the assassins plant say, dioxis gas in the circulation systems. With the aliens not wearing breath masks, such as the Gand, they won't be able to ward off its effects and will all die. With the bar compromised Ubese assassins will likely flood the area and be cut down. If the Sith are unable to pass through the maze (it wouldn't be that hard) they can simply cave it in. Trapping all inside who will likely starve or at least have to sit the fight out.

Thoughts?

Wolfninjajedi
03.05.2013 , 02:50 PM | #178
Not entirely sure destroying the bar, would be that big in the grand scheme of things. It'll get rid of some members that G0-T0 has, but comparing what he has its more of a minor thing. The problem here, is finding G0-T0....though that is only a problem due to the fact he can cloak his ship, the gravity generators will keep him from jumping to lightspeed however so the Sith fleet could search the surrounding area for the ship.

I don't really see any other problems, other then it would take time in finding him. I am forgetful at times, I feel as if this was already covered before I apologize.

Beniboybling
03.05.2013 , 02:58 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Not entirely sure destroying the bar, would be that big in the grand scheme of things. It'll get rid of some members that G0-T0 has, but comparing what he has its more of a minor thing. The problem here, is finding G0-T0....though that is only a problem due to the fact he can cloak his ship, the gravity generators will keep him from jumping to lightspeed however so the Sith fleet could search the surrounding area for the ship.
Well he have to consider what G0-T0 can feasibly throw at Malachor V:

• HK-50 assassin droids
  • Gand bounty hunters
  • Ubese Assassins

If Traya eliminates all of these, I believe G0-T0 will make a personal apperance. G0-T0 doesn't seem to be adverse to getting his hands dirty, he agreed to travel with Surik across multiple planets and battlefields and personally prevented the remote from reactivating the MSG rather than sending some lackeys to do it.

Now several debaters have said that even without these G0-T0 still has his so called 'Droid Army' - but lets face it, this is made up of a smattering of protocol, labor and astromech droids scattered across the galaxy. Hardly a capable invasion force to penetrate the most dangerous planet in the galaxy. And then we have these. Granted they have the capabilities of reactivating the MSG generator but not without support of the above - there not exactly ground breakingly powerful.

EDIT: The problem with your scenario is that even if Traya traps G0-T0 on Nar Shaddaa, she has to sift through countless freighters and ships that may very well become hostile (see the First Battle of Onderon) and in that time G0-T0 could escape on a private shuttle or an escape pod which he'd likely have prepared.

Wolfninjajedi
03.05.2013 , 03:24 PM | #180
But then he would be leaving his droid control ship if he goes onto a private shuttle, an escape pod won't get him very far either. Though are freighters really gonna pose a threat to a Sith Fleet? The 1st Battle of Onderon wasn't against a Sith fleet, it was against the Onderon fleet which comparing to the Sith fleet isn't much only having Foray-class blockade runners and A-wings.