Community Team, Assemble!

EricMusco

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to play non-ranked since I am not a part of a competitive PvP guild or group. We do play on live servers, but we aren't allowed to say our character names and we play "incognito."

At the moment, I don't have any answers for your Ranked Warzone questions, but I will message some developers and see if I can find you some. :jawa_biggrin:

Thanks for taking a few minutes, appreciate that. I'm a pain the in the rear on these forums, so it's quite unique when I actually have a positive dialogue with a yellow name. :D

As for the last part, this would be fantastic if we could get any news. It's been since June 2012 since Rankeds went Live...and well...I think peeps are tired of seeing "Pre-Season". Even if Season 1 doesn't come around soon, it would be awesome if they could just put in the ladder system into Pre-season. I'm not sure if those who working on Rankeds are even still with the current Development team...so it has some of us worried. Any help would be great.

Thanks again for your time. ;)

Thanks for taking a few minutes, appreciate that. I'm a pain the in the rear on these forums, so it's quite unique when I actually have a positive dialogue with a yellow name. :D

As for the last part, this would be fantastic if we could get any news. It's been since June 2012 since Rankeds went Live...and well...I think peeps are tired of seeing "Pre-Season". Even if Season 1 doesn't come around soon, it would be awesome if they could just put in the ladder system into Pre-season. I'm not sure if those who working on Rankeds are even still with the current Development team...so it has some of us worried. Any help would be great.

Thanks again for your time. ;)

Hey Pistols-GS,

I talked to some of our PvP Devs. Unfortunately, we are still deep in the development process and we don't want to release any details till things are more "final." As soon as we have any updates, we will be sure to post them. Sorry I couldn't give you any concrete details, but keep checking back!

I really don't think we can get season 1 without interserver ranked warzones. It's a must have if you want to have enough teams running. Maybe next year... Hum... Soon . Edited by Kesphin

Hey Pistols-GS,

I talked to some of our PvP Devs. Unfortunately, we are still deep in the development process and we don't want to release any details till things are more "final." As soon as we have any updates, we will be sure to post them. Sorry I couldn't give you any concrete details, but keep checking back!

Thanks again for the reply. Those who partake in this aspect, are afraid that the team is not working on updating the Rankeds scene anymore, just hoping that is not the case.

Appreciate the feedback, much kind.

:)

I really don't think we can get season 1 without interserver ranked warzones. It's a must have if you want to have enough teams running. Maybe next year... Hum... Soon .

I'm all for cross-server, but that could be introduced in later seasons, as it's not a necessity for Season 1. The ladder system is a step in the right direction, and would allow many guilds/teams to partake without fear of getting slammed by superior teams. It would generate more teams/interest, and could be the prelude to cross-server if/when they ever do so. But these are 2 seperate mechanics, and one doesn't need the other.

Edited by Pistols-GS

As it stands now, a ranked team can sit in queue for hours without getting a ranked pop.

If they were to have the matchmaking be even more strict it would even further limit the amount of ranked and you'd end up playing the exact same team over and over in the event that someone with a similar rating queued up.

Cross server queues are an absolute must for any kind of matchmaking due to the fact that there are such a low number of teams per server.

I agree with PGS that this would increase interest, but without a much deeper pool of teams to draw from it would quickly be abandoned until cross server anyway.

Can't say I'm gonna miss Joveth. He was supposed to be the fix for Stephen Reid and ended up just being hot air suggesting things would improve and only ended up doing less.

I will miss Allison. She did a good job. Sad to see her go.

As for Eric, Courtney and Amber, I wish you guys the best with the job moving forward. We all want this to be a rich community and have a healthy dialogue with you and the devs, as currently that is still the single largest fix that is needed with SWTOR to bring it into the realm of success.

I prefer to play non-ranked since I am not a part of a competitive PvP guild or group. We do play on live servers, but we aren't allowed to say our character names and we play "incognito."

So as a non-ranked player, do you guys genuinely think that the change to resolve in 1.4 was good? I play pvp fairly casually as well, and warzones are a complete stun-fest when comparing to how it was before 1.4.

As it stands now, a ranked team can sit in queue for hours without getting a ranked pop.

If they were to have the matchmaking be even more strict it would even further limit the amount of ranked and you'd end up playing the exact same team over and over in the event that someone with a similar rating queued up.

Cross server queues are an absolute must for any kind of matchmaking due to the fact that there are such a low number of teams per server.

I agree with PGS that this would increase interest, but without a much deeper pool of teams to draw from it would quickly be abandoned until cross server anyway.

I don't think you grasp what the match-making system would do for Rankeds. Having a ladder tier system, Ranked teams would queue accordingly, and the system would pit teams against one another with similar team ratings. If a teams rating is too high for most teams que'd, the system would pick the closest highest team after it pulses. Thus, the wait wouldn't be any longer than it is now. Furthermore, as for playing against the same teams, I don't think either side would really care. I for one, if ranked higher than most, care to go up against "green" rated teams; I would rather face the higher teams in queue (be it same team over and over or not) and vice versa for the lower ranked teams. Having the ladder system, would get more guilds/teams involved, as the #1 issue of non-participation atm is due to green teams getting rolled by the 2-3 that dominate. If guilds/teams knew it would based off of team rating, you would most certainly see an up-tick of teams queue'ing up. Fact.

Nobody is dismissing wanting cross-server rateds, but until such a time EA has the "know how" to implement such a tool, we're left with what we got. It is much faster (and easier) to have the ladder system put into place, as opposed to waiting till EA gets cross-server matches going. You already have abandonment in Rateds, so this would do nothing in the way of "hurt" rankeds. You want participation, and the first step in doing so, is getting a system in place where teams are not feeling inferior to those who queue on a regular basis. EA has never once said they would do cross-server, but they have said Season 1 would be a ladder system. Let's get that going, work on cross-server if/when they can. 8 Months into this, it's time to take the next step. Season 1 =/= Cross-server...they never said it did.

Thanks.

PS: I have never, ever sat in queue for more than 30 minutes for a Ranked queue pop...ever. Perhaps on PvE/RP-PvP servers...but not a PvP server, where these tend to happen with more frequency.

Edited by Pistols-GS

Hey Pistols-GS,

Exactly how many "ideas" are floating around in that room that aren't anywhere close to "final"? I mean, honestly, why does this Dev team think that everything has to have some sort of "finality" do it in order to share it with the public. If the team is working on something, why not inform us of what the ideas are instead of stonewalling us time and time again? I know you're not going to answer this because the Devs will refuse to answer this, but it needs to be looking into. Are they afraid of getting their feelings hurt should the forum trolls come out in full force when they aren't getting something that is being worked on? Do they think it's going to be any worse than the community backlash they got when they yanked Ranked WZs from patch 1.2 the night before releasing it without bothering to let people in on the possibility that it might happen? It's like a running gag among the folks who left the game. Many of whom would have been more forgiving and more inclined to stay if they got any form of real Dev communication.

I have also a PvP question: Will we see the separation into three warzone bracket immediately after the patch hits, so that people who hit 55 early still can play warzones (like the payers who get early access)? Also, with the new level 55 bracket, which can only be played by folks with the expension, I am not sure if it might be end up with too long queue times, not sure how many players will eventually be there. Edited by Drudenfusz

As for Eric, Courtney and Amber, I wish you guys the best with the job moving forward. We all want this to be a rich community and have a healthy dialogue with you and the devs, as currently that is still the single largest fix that is needed with SWTOR to bring it into the realm of success.

Thoroughly recommend a case study of Riot Games and their community interaction. They are the benchmarks in community management for games

Thoroughly recommend a case study of Riot Games and their community interaction. They are the benchmarks in community management for games

Although I haven't paid much attention recently, I would put Trion into that category as well. Devs that actually come onto live servers purely to chat with players about what they like or dislike and what they're planning for the future of the game? What a novel concept.

During the 2012 E8 BioWare said that Cathar is the next playable species coming this year. When will they be released to the public to play? A few friends and I are waiting for our next toon to play with the Cathar.

Thanks again for the reply. Those who partake in this aspect, are afraid that the team is not working on updating the Rankeds scene anymore, just hoping that is not the case.

Appreciate the feedback, much kind.

:)

I can say that they are most definitely still working on Ranked Warzones. :jawa_biggrin:

I would also say Bungie. They tend to do a good job as well. Well, when they're not being so damn secretive.