Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy or cunning

Ditolus
03.03.2013 , 04:06 AM | #1
as of right now i have 110.5 percent tech accuracy. i have the option of taking out an 18 accuracy aug and putting in a 18 cunning aug which would take my tech accuracy down to 110.04. i know that accuracy over 100 percent lowers targets resistance. so what u guys think is worth it?

bbare
03.03.2013 , 04:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
as of right now i have 110.5 percent tech accuracy. i have the option of taking out an 18 accuracy aug and putting in a 18 cunning aug which would take my tech accuracy down to 110.04. i know that accuracy over 100 percent lowers targets resistance. so what u guys think is worth it?
Cunning is worth it. Anything over 110% is overkill in pve, and resist is very rare in pvp. I think the most one can have is 2% force/tech resist with a pve tank set bonus. Assassin tanks do have over 20% elemental or internal resist, but that's not worth stacking the accuracy for.
The Vanity Legacy

Eternalnight
03.03.2013 , 04:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
Assassin tanks do have over 20% elemental or internal resist, but that's not worth stacking the accuracy for.
That is elemental/internal damage reduction, not resistance but damage reduction. As in all attacks that do hit them that do internal/elemental damage will get their damage reduced by 21%. Accuracy does not even affect this at all.

Accuracy works against resistance, not damage reduction. Don't confuse these two, they are different things
Resistance is a chance to avoid the damage completely.

Assassins have no more than 2% force/tech resistance (which they get by the way from their spending skillpoints in the Premonition talent (vanguard/powertech get their resistance from the set bonus. Assassin set bonus is damage reduction)), that is 2% chance to avoid force/tech attacks completely. This can be reduced by accuracy, but you only need 102% tech accuracy to reduce it to 0.
Beyond this, higher tech accuracy does not help at all, and only ranged accuracy matters, unless get a debuff that reduces all your accuracy.

Even when 2.0 goes live and the PvE operations bosses will have 10% resist chance, even then getting tech accuracy will only be useful up to 110%, but anything higher than that will be completely useless.

bbare
03.04.2013 , 02:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
That is elemental/internal damage reduction, not resistance but damage reduction. As in all attacks that do hit them that do internal/elemental damage will get their damage reduced by 21%. Accuracy does not even affect this at all.

Accuracy works against resistance, not damage reduction. Don't confuse these two, they are different things
Resistance is a chance to avoid the damage completely.

Assassins have no more than 2% force/tech resistance (which they get by the way from their spending skillpoints in the Premonition talent (vanguard/powertech get their resistance from the set bonus. Assassin set bonus is damage reduction)), that is 2% chance to avoid force/tech attacks completely. This can be reduced by accuracy, but you only need 102% tech accuracy to reduce it to 0.
Beyond this, higher tech accuracy does not help at all, and only ranged accuracy matters, unless get a debuff that reduces all your accuracy.

Even when 2.0 goes live and the PvE operations bosses will have 10% resist chance, even then getting tech accuracy will only be useful up to 110%, but anything higher than that will be completely useless.
Charge mastery increases elemental and internal resist on live. Charge mastery increases elemental and internal damage reduction on the PTS. I believe the OP was referring to live, so assassins do have more than 20% elemental and internal resist. Its moot anyway, there is no reason to go over 110% tech accuracy for a sniper on live or PTS.
The Vanity Legacy