Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper question

Aurojiin
03.01.2013 , 10:05 PM | #11
It shouldn't even reduce your damage much. Use an instant/finish your cast (depending on how far through you are), step out of the circle, go straight back into cover, continue DPSing.

If you're constantly moving for the whole phase... I don't know what to say really.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

ErosGyne
03.01.2013 , 10:13 PM | #12
i dont know if is or not a bug but entrench\hunker down spec with 60% damage red. dont work, you will get full hit, try many times, SM, HM even in NiM
maybe because that is not a AOE attack, realy dont know, the only this i know is that dont work
in EC, is like when kephess pull all the ops group to him and we have to run out the circle, i use hunker down and kephess cant pull me in, but the big mob right before the tree brigde before the tanks can while using the same abilitie, makes perfect sense, a mob can do something that the final boss of the op cant

Satedbuffalo
03.04.2013 , 01:50 PM | #13
As a sniper and a healer, I would not be happy if someone tried that noise in an operation I had to heal.

AoE damage reduction is nice (you're taking damage even if you move out of the circles), but sitting in avoidable AoEs to get a couple extra hundred damage is a bad idea. You'll force your healers to burst heal through a phase that's designed to be light healing immediately before a swap that may require additional burst healing. Effectively, you're forcing your healers to burst longer than they should for no real benefit.

Ultimately, if your healers can handle it, go for it. But just don't make it a habit - pulling this nonsense with a PUG or another guild will likely get you asked to leave the group. That you suggested this to someone else without understanding the mechanics in play is almost worse.
Just some jerk who isn't good enough for rated.

chuixupu
03.04.2013 , 01:56 PM | #14
I don't run as Marksman spec so I don't have that talent. A good portion of Snipers in Ops are Lethality.

Even if I did, I guarantee you it's not enough damage reduction to make it worthwhile to just stand there and take hits. Especially in that case because I'm pretty sure the red circles that are actually a spike that comes out of the ground is not considered an AOE effect. Those spikes on HM and NiM can nearly one-shot most people. I always have Shield probe going during that phase because there is a lot of other AOE damage going out in addition to the spikes and my health generally ends up at 1/3 even without getting hit.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant