Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full TK Sage- PVP

PeeCee
03.04.2013 , 02:29 AM | #1
Hi,

I've been playing the game since launch and I never been a fan of alts. I have 1 lev 50! a Jedi Guardian tank. I was tanking the other day and we had a sage DPS in our group. I've never seen anything more cool in the game than this bloke pounding this boss with these huge orbs. So ive now rolled one.

Personally im loving the class, level 27 right now and although im not a huge pvp'er I've been doing a lot lately. My only concern is the amount of people telling me to change my spec to balance! I dont think im doing particularly bad, im normally top 4/.5 when it comes to the DPS and thats with only the 1 AoE right now.

I wont change as i rolled this character for the telekinesis. and i'll mainly be doing PvE. but will I be viable for pvp??
The White Wolves - Red Eclpise
WWolf Forums Recruiters

Adriaticon
03.04.2013 , 02:47 AM | #2
I've got a balance sage lvl 40 and seem to be around the same in PVP, 4/5 most rounds for dps.
Would also like to know the difference, was rollin with a Tk sage for a while, but I found the instant force in balance more effective in both pve and PVP than the channeled telekinetic wave? ( I think that's what it's called).
Also the no cool down on telekinetic throw is awesome for constant dmg output, Tk throw in this tree has a chance to make mind crush activate instantly as well. Plus other skills in this tree increase crit dmg on tick abilities by 30% I think... I tend to mind crush force slow project Tk throw force in balance Tk throw rinse and repeat...
Kimba-lee Tk/Seer Sage Lvl 55
Welfare Officer of the Mud Dogs MDN

Devlonir
03.04.2013 , 07:36 AM | #3
TK can be succesful in PVP. So just stick with the spec if you personally enjoy it.

I use TK as my main spec right now, and also PVP in it in level 50 pugs. I often come up in the top 3 of any Warzone I am in, and AoE is the strength of this spec. As soon as you can get the talents that give you an instant Telekinetic Wave from Disturbance and/or Force Quake hits, take it. It is key to your burst damage. And always keep your shield up, especially if you have the bubble-stun talent.

It is a fun spec, less mobile than balance but very hard hitting.

Don't listen to the 'web specced' people telling you need to do Balance. TK is also a viable PVP spec, just needs a bit more work and a lot more practice.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

PeeCee
03.04.2013 , 07:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
TK can be succesful in PVP. So just stick with the spec if you personally enjoy it.

I use TK as my main spec right now, and also PVP in it in level 50 pugs. I often come up in the top 3 of any Warzone I am in, and AoE is the strength of this spec. As soon as you can get the talents that give you an instant Telekinetic Wave from Disturbance and/or Force Quake hits, take it. It is key to your burst damage. And always keep your shield up, especially if you have the bubble-stun talent.

It is a fun spec, less mobile than balance but very hard hitting.

Don't listen to the 'web specced' people telling you need to do Balance. TK is also a viable PVP spec, just needs a bit more work and a lot more practice.
Thats what I wanted to hear! thanks mate. I havent been using bubble much, always escapes my mind. Will change that. I'm really looking forward to getting quake and turbulence.
The White Wolves - Red Eclpise
WWolf Forums Recruiters

Bouncy_Hunter
03.04.2013 , 11:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PeeCee View Post
Hi,

I've been playing the game since launch and I never been a fan of alts. I have 1 lev 50! a Jedi Guardian tank. I was tanking the other day and we had a sage DPS in our group. I've never seen anything more cool in the game than this bloke pounding this boss with these huge orbs. So ive now rolled one.

Personally im loving the class, level 27 right now and although im not a huge pvp'er I've been doing a lot lately. My only concern is the amount of people telling me to change my spec to balance! I dont think im doing particularly bad, im normally top 4/.5 when it comes to the DPS and thats with only the 1 AoE right now.

I wont change as i rolled this character for the telekinesis. and i'll mainly be doing PvE. but will I be viable for pvp??
While Balance is more mobile I also play TK because to be honest it's a lot more fun to me. Don't let people tell you what to do, you're the one playing your character not them. But yeah balance is more mobile and for now it may do more DPS, TK is mostly stationary but it's great if you have people around you. Don't try to go solo people without a good range/help. It's more of a support DPS, and also I recommend picking Light/Medium armored opponents or healers as priority targets those are really good for us to burn down. TK is fun so I say keep at it