Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After a night of PVP Mercenary with the 1.4 Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
After a night of PVP Mercenary with the 1.4 Changes

Soljin
09.28.2012 , 10:13 AM | #11
Merc changes are horrible across the board..Arse/Pyro doesnt matter. Then add in the ability miss fires, ability hits that dont deduct health from targets, and straight up bad ability response that was introduced....Wow I dont even have words for how bad gameplay is right now for Mercs, and anyone else thats just getting ability bugs etc...they somehow managed to wreck gameplay on a wide scale....Some people seem fine though...So not sure whats up...
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

DarthBloodloss
09.28.2012 , 05:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by umamma View Post
Pyro Merc is better off then Arsenal in PvP. Arsenal IMHO is completely broken(in PvP). They need a significant overhaul to that tree.

That being said Pyro merc still desperately needs some survival skills. Any melee that can snare, root us and do good damage will destroy us(good players). 'Sweltering Heat' nerf to 30% is well below what melee classes have. So our counters become Jet Boost (25 sec), Electrocute (1min), and 'Energy Shield' (2min).
I think you got trolled.

Proof: No one is ignorant enough to think Arsenal is 5x better than Pyro in PvP.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Peppzz
01.08.2013 , 12:30 PM | #13
Is the developers looking in to this or is Arsenal Merc all lost, does anyone know?
I have a lot of fun playing as an Arsenal Merc but it is also equal as frustrating being nerfed to oblivion.
Do the developers read threads lik this?

PerinnAybara
02.20.2013 , 01:18 PM | #14
It's funny how we've already reached 1.7 yet mercenaries/commandos still are in the same if not worse place they've been since 1.2. The reason I'm Necroing this thread, is to provide constructive feedback on the stagnate culture we have toward class balance.

I'm pretty sure from time to time the Developers have read threads like this. But since they're likely unable to give any meaningful feedback, because of the encouraged environment of closed door policy, our classes community have gone down the drain. The mercenaries/commandoes that still play are like abused dogs, still shelling out cash in hope of a quick fix. It's come to a point where I regret ever liking this game.

Hence why I vent. I am no longer "constructive" I tried that route for a while and got burnt out. What's the point of throwing out idea after idea, discussing the issues, or even caring about providing feedback if for all we know, it's gone straight to the Toilet. I mean, the thread about buffing Mercenary DPS has more posts, and many more views then any other thread, and we still only have one terrible reply.

It's a terrible situation when a community has super low expectations, to the point where a Developer replaying to some guy smashing keys gets a standing ovation. It's funny how that mere action is exceeding our expectations in feedback. Like seriously, what the hell. What is wrong with us? Why do we keep playing this game?

For a game that has taken so much of my money and time, it sure sucks to feel more and more miserable about playing the game. It sucks more because even though we were once with so much hope, stupid hope that has no apparent basis, we've been diminished to a mere dribble. Hell, for those that remain it hasn't completely dried up, but that's merely because we're still incredulous that the situation has gone so bad.

It's like they boiled us with 1.2, raising the temperature very rapidly. The intelligent people, jumped out of the pot. The hopeless dreamers like me kept playiing. After that, they slowly raised the temperature degree after degree, until we died. We bore with the pain because the changes since then weren't as dramatic. We are the dumb frogs who are cooked so thoroughly, that we're nothing left but a little spittle.

I tried to be constructive. I really did. But I'm so burnt out. Lack of feedback, lack of changes, and all evidence pointing to a sense of selfishness and ineptitude. I mean seriously, we've gone through 5 patches without addressing an issue that has been there forever. We've all come to the conclusion that any balance changes will wait until the expansion. I personally think it's a terrible idea, since it shows a sense of complete callous pragmatism, that proves every pessimist out there.

There are so many terrible temporary stopgap solutions that could easily be done, but they won't be. Honestly, an emergency temporary patch would show that you actually care about this part of the community. But it won't happen. It can't happen. It can't for the very same reason the Developers aren't allowed to say Jack to the community.

It's funny. Bioware failed to deliver a promise. Instead of vowing to do better, they instead promised to never make another promise to us. Sure they accomplish the same thing, but it misses the point. Something that has been done over and over again. We weren't satisfied then, but we're even less satisfied now.

I seriously feel like a punching bag. Punched to the point I'm barely conscious.

TLDR:
Pathetic
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

SkinzOCAU
02.21.2013 , 02:17 AM | #15
What an amazing post. I agree with you 100%. I know exactly what I am doing if the new changes fail to help us. I am not giving them another cent.

skotish
02.22.2013 , 04:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
It's funny how we've already reached 1.7 yet mercenaries/commandos still are in the same if not worse place they've been since 1.2. The reason I'm Necroing this thread, is to provide constructive feedback on the stagnate culture we have toward class balance.

I'm pretty sure from time to time the Developers have read threads like this. But since they're likely unable to give any meaningful feedback, because of the encouraged environment of closed door policy, our classes community have gone down the drain. The mercenaries/commandoes that still play are like abused dogs, still shelling out cash in hope of a quick fix. It's come to a point where I regret ever liking this game.

Hence why I vent. I am no longer "constructive" I tried that route for a while and got burnt out. What's the point of throwing out idea after idea, discussing the issues, or even caring about providing feedback if for all we know, it's gone straight to the Toilet. I mean, the thread about buffing Mercenary DPS has more posts, and many more views then any other thread, and we still only have one terrible reply.

It's a terrible situation when a community has super low expectations, to the point where a Developer replaying to some guy smashing keys gets a standing ovation. It's funny how that mere action is exceeding our expectations in feedback. Like seriously, what the hell. What is wrong with us? Why do we keep playing this game?

For a game that has taken so much of my money and time, it sure sucks to feel more and more miserable about playing the game. It sucks more because even though we were once with so much hope, stupid hope that has no apparent basis, we've been diminished to a mere dribble. Hell, for those that remain it hasn't completely dried up, but that's merely because we're still incredulous that the situation has gone so bad.

It's like they boiled us with 1.2, raising the temperature very rapidly. The intelligent people, jumped out of the pot. The hopeless dreamers like me kept playiing. After that, they slowly raised the temperature degree after degree, until we died. We bore with the pain because the changes since then weren't as dramatic. We are the dumb frogs who are cooked so thoroughly, that we're nothing left but a little spittle.

I tried to be constructive. I really did. But I'm so burnt out. Lack of feedback, lack of changes, and all evidence pointing to a sense of selfishness and ineptitude. I mean seriously, we've gone through 5 patches without addressing an issue that has been there forever. We've all come to the conclusion that any balance changes will wait until the expansion. I personally think it's a terrible idea, since it shows a sense of complete callous pragmatism, that proves every pessimist out there.

There are so many terrible temporary stopgap solutions that could easily be done, but they won't be. Honestly, an emergency temporary patch would show that you actually care about this part of the community. But it won't happen. It can't happen. It can't for the very same reason the Developers aren't allowed to say Jack to the community.

It's funny. Bioware failed to deliver a promise. Instead of vowing to do better, they instead promised to never make another promise to us. Sure they accomplish the same thing, but it misses the point. Something that has been done over and over again. We weren't satisfied then, but we're even less satisfied now.

I seriously feel like a punching bag. Punched to the point I'm barely conscious.

TLDR:
Pathetic
This post was Well deserved necro well thought out and totally spot on /signed hopeless dreamer RIP korsin'val of the progenitor
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Zondz
03.04.2013 , 07:04 AM | #17
Then again have anyone tried the merc on the PTS at all and is it still bad?
Well for PVE i must say the class is quite good (and if u dont think so then u do something VERY wrong)
But i started to pvp again and well meeeh it is more or less fun until u meet team where there is raining lightsabers and cluster****s of smashes with pocket healers