Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder vs Avatar of Sel-Makor (A Long Forgotten Evil)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder vs Avatar of Sel-Makor (A Long Forgotten Evil)

rtorsten
01.31.2012 , 12:22 AM | #11
Kill him with Quinn, no kiting or something else. Use cloak of pain at start of fight, kicking cast him with interrupt, force choke. Nearly 30% of his HP, i can't interrupt cast and my HP down quickly from 50% to 17% for several seconds. I using undying rage at 10% of my HP + potion + Quinn healing + 20 min CD to restore HP, at end of fight i have 30% hp.
Kill him on 1 try on 47 lvl, rage spec. But i'm no see something special in this spec to this fight, all defensive CD which i use, can be used in other specs.

Reil
02.09.2012 , 11:01 PM | #12
Wow this guy is a piece of... He is chain casting without a single break between. I have to throw all my interrupts/defenses at him within the first 6 seconds of the fight and they are successful but not even slowing him down. He's recasting the same instant. Is nonstop chain casting normal or did I get a bugged version of him tonight?

I'm a Carnage build using Quinn.

Tarelther
02.09.2012 , 11:05 PM | #13
Yeah, I hated that fight. The key is to stay out of the stuff the boss puts on the ground. Companions aren't good at moving out of fire. I had to use Quinn to take him down. I was Annihilation spec.
Join the dark side. We have cookies. Unless Darth Baras ate them all already.

tadro
02.10.2012 , 12:22 AM | #14
That's the class quest with the voice of the emperor right?
Never had a problem as a carnage marauder

Interrupts,30% less aoe dmg talent and that was it

Tumri
02.10.2012 , 12:44 AM | #15
With Carnage your only hope is to burn him before he burns you. He took me 3 tries because I listened to someone else's advice about taking a healer companion. I took out Vette my 3rd attempt and had no problems. Just be sure you chain cooldowns and use everything at your disposal to stop him from casting.

Edit: lol necro.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Reil
02.10.2012 , 12:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
With Carnage your only hope is to burn him before he burns you. He took me 3 tries because I listened to someone else's advice about taking a healer companion. I took out Vette my 3rd attempt and had no problems. Just be sure you chain cooldowns and use everything at your disposal to stop him from casting.

Edit: lol necro.
Yeah I'm stringing every form of interrupt and cool down I own along with moving out of any ground indicators. I only tried him twice since it was already after midnight. I'll try your trick and run a gear update on Vette and try again this evening. Someone also mentioned AOE..good call. I just realized that I skipped my AOE dmg reduction in my Carnage tree in favor of something else. I'll fix that too

Reil
02.10.2012 , 12:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tadro View Post
That's the class quest with the voice of the emperor right?
Never had a problem as a carnage marauder

Interrupts,30% less aoe dmg talent and that was it
No it's the Heart of Darkness quest line. The Class quest was a walk in the park in comparison hehe.

Rowanmoon
03.03.2013 , 09:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Reil View Post
Wow this guy is a piece of... He is chain casting without a single break between. I have to throw all my interrupts/defenses at him within the first 6 seconds of the fight and they are successful but not even slowing him down. He's recasting the same instant. Is nonstop chain casting normal or did I get a bugged version of him tonight?
I'm a Carnage build using Quinn.
No, no bug, that's what I am getting too. I lost count how many times I have tried and failed at this guy over the past week. 10 failes already tonight and I am losing too many credits on Med Robot Visits. Tried several companions, tried kiting, tiried hiding behind pillars, nothing. I am 48 Marauder and still get my ***** kicked by this guy. I'll have to just keep grinding and come back at 49 and try again.