Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard dps build

Wishiwasanoob
02.27.2013 , 04:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RidgeBlader View Post
I am tossing up playing one of these two builds once I get to 50

DPS

Tankier

Admittedly these two will be for PVP. I am of two minds and I think I will only settle on one once I play both a few times.
I've tried all sorts of builds, even some home-made brews, and i find that while the damage is nice, I have ammo managing problems with the tactics/assault hybrids. With the "tankier" spec you're going to have to give up a lot for the Storm ability and it's usually not worth it. I personally pvp enough that I just have 2 armor sets and will switch specs depending on my mood as I don't like some of the sacrifices you have to make to be a hybrid. I feel the way they designed the trees it's really all or nothing to get the good stuff.

But it's really all moot since we will get redesigned trees in like a month, so don't lose any sleep

unluckyperson
02.28.2013 , 02:04 PM | #12
So you are saying you would prefer a tankier PVP build of something like this?
If you're talking to me, given the choice between Storm and Combat Tactics, I'd rather have Storm. I did try something similar to that at one point and I stopped using it, I don't really remember why.

As Wishiwasanoob pointed out the game really doesn't reward vanguards very much for going hybrids unless if it's combined with the tactics tree because of how you have to use Ion Cell for a lot of shield abilities to work, or you have to use Plasma Cell for a lot of Assault abilities to work. Tactics though only has Battlefield Training and Cell Generator that rely on the High Energy Cell.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wishiwasanoob View Post
I've tried all sorts of builds, even some home-made brews, and i find that while the damage is nice, I have ammo managing problems with the tactics/assault hybrids.
I must ask how do you have ammo management problems? the build that sort of started this discussion was when I asked if anyone had tried this for PvE, which it has free Stock Strikes and High Impact Bolts

Zalekanzer
03.03.2013 , 06:44 PM | #13
So you are saying you would prefer a tankier PVP build of something like this?
If you want a little bit tankier PvP build, I might recommend something akin to the old Iron Fist build. Even though it was neutered pretty bad with 1.3, it's still fun to play and how I roll when I PvP with my Vanguard. You can put up decent (IMO) damage while still being an excellent guard.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera