Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 10:20 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
It's kinda hard to infiltrate a bunker with one door. If it opens, the HKs will know that someone's inside...

...Traya hasn't done that already, I don't see why she would do so now. And by that logic, the HKs could destroy the entrance to the factory so none of Traya's forces could get in.
Well not quite, if I recall correctly the HK-50 droids didn't notice HK-47 had entered the base until he got to the Manufacturing Plant itself. The HK's don't 'own' the bunker and therefore have no control of its systems. But lets say they do, all the assassins really need to do is keep the HK's busy long enough to get a large portion of Traya's army through the door. Not that they will all rush the HK factory, they might open the hangar doors so ships can fly through, and deactive gas vents etc. remember were talking about the base, not the plant here, that the HK's don't have a presence in the base. And concerning mines, that way the HK's will simply blow up the factory themselves. In 'the real world' you can't just set mines in corridors etc. without doing damage to the corridor itself and other systems like you can in-game.

About the MSG, she didn't do it because she had no reason too. The Jedi did not know of her location on Malachor V, they did not even know the nature of their attackers. There was literally nobody that could oppose her, also it wouldn't disable the MSG completely, just make it harder to reactivate. And if the HK's destroy the entrance to the factory, they can't get out...

Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 10:25 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
I still have a question, how does Traya find the bunker?
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
...Meanwhile Traya will also be eager to capture some HK units to find out more, granted they will likely have in-built self destruct mechanisms but that can be worked around i.e. ion blasters, decapitation. The units memory cores can then be downloaded and scanned which should provide the location of the HK Manufacturing Plant...
Quote:
We also have to figure, G0-T0's army might be basic droids, but that makes it all the easier to inflitarte with them. And, almost all of them were augmented with flamethrowers, blasters, and the like. Plus, G0-To has the money to illegally mod them, if they aren't already. With the help of his Telerath, the had piles of money.
How on earth is a protocol droid going to inflitrate and do damage to the Trayus Academy?

And other G0-T0s aren't part of G0-T0's powerbase. Unless you can prove he controlled/had an alliance with them.

Aurbere
03.03.2013 , 12:01 PM | #163
What really needs to be discussed here is: how does Traya kill G0-T0? We've seen scenarios for Traya's demise, but what about G0-T0? I think Traya's fleet could trap G0-T0 at Nar Shaddaa, but that could be too risky. Her best bet is through stealth.

Concerning the 'many fake G0-T0's wandering the streets' strategy. I think that that would be too risky, if G0-T0 is on the streets as well. The assassins could take out the droids, possibly even G0-T0. But if G0-T0 decides to hang out on the ship, then he won't have to worry.

Playing neutrality, I know, but I don't know who would win this.
Added Chapter 55 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Canino
03.03.2013 , 12:06 PM | #164
How on earth is a protocol droid going to inflitrate and do damage to the Trayus Academy?

And other G0-T0s aren't part of G0-T0's powerbase. Unless you can prove he controlled/had an alliance with them.
I have absolutely no idea, but still.... maybe they have trouble with elevators? Anyway, G0-T0 does have droids- "It should also be noted that within the game, particularly aboard Goto's Yacht, there are several 'guard droids' that share the IT-O and G0-T0 frame."

Taken from wookiepedia. He does have them, and has the schematics to create more of them.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Canino
03.03.2013 , 12:11 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
What really needs to be discussed here is: how does Traya kill G0-T0? We've seen scenarios for Traya's demise, but what about G0-T0? I think Traya's fleet could trap G0-T0 at Nar Shaddaa, but that could be too risky. Her best bet is through stealth.

Concerning the 'many fake G0-T0's wandering the streets' strategy. I think that that would be too risky, if G0-T0 is on the streets as well. The assassins could take out the droids, possibly even G0-T0. But if G0-T0 decides to hang out on the ship, then he won't have to worry.

Playing neutrality, I know, but I don't know who would win this.
Very true, and in a space battle, G0-T0 could easily tell spacers and smugglers to defend their planet, and give himself some allies. Granted, they may not be amazing, but allies are allies. Through stealth, I don't see a way. G0-T0 need only stay on his yacht, and he is pretty much safe. He can move it if need be as well. The Sith assassins would have a tough time without the opponents force strength to feed of, and it would be basically impossible to find G0-T0 with the assassins PURELY. Traya might be able to somehow, but the assassins will have a tough time tracking him down on their own.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Warren-Stride
03.03.2013 , 01:59 PM | #166
We've seen scenarios for Traya's demise...
Just want to point out that there have been like... 5. Or somewhere close to that.

Concerning the 'many fake G0-T0's wandering the streets' strategy.... But if G0-T0 decides to hang out on the ship, then he won't have to worry.
I think the best thing G0-T0 can do is stay on his stealthed ship, release fake G0-T0s all over Nar Shaddaa, then move his yacht to sit over Nal Hutta.

Then Traya will have to take out the fake G0-T0s or risk G0-T0 really being one of them. In the meantime, she searches over Nar Shaddaa for an invisible needle in a shifting haystack, while the whole time it's a planet away.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi
03.03.2013 , 02:14 PM | #167
Well it seems to me, this is just further proving the point of, if your not the Hutts or Xizor your pretty much screwed in terms of beating G0-T0. While Traya is a shadow operator, its more in a different set of shadows rather then the ones the other 3 operate from. Because so far, every argument for Traya has been debunked.

Edit: Speaking of that, Beni ya should have put in one of the Hutts in the Kaggath. Would have been interesting to see how another Underworld organization would do.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel
03.03.2013 , 04:56 PM | #168
It's kinda hard to infiltrate a bunker with one door. If it opens, the HKs will know that someone's inside. The gas traps (that the assassins would not know about) would ignore stealth. Not to mention, the Stealth Field Generators the assassins used were not the best quality. They make distortions that the HKs would easily pick up. See this picture.
You're extrapolating based on the graphics engine of a video game, in-universe there's no evidence to indicate how well the stealth generators would or would not work against the HK units. As far as we can tell, they will shield the users from detection as long as they move carefully and slowly.

Traya hasn't done that already, I don't see why she would do so now. And by that logic, the HKs could destroy the entrance to the factory so none of Traya's forces could get in.
Oh, yes. Destroying the entrance to the factory was a tactic I was about to suggest for Traya, since it would trap the HK units inside, essentially nullifying them for the time being. In fact, why bother forcing their way into the factory at all? The Sith troops could just cave in the factory with explosives, while defending the entrance to keep the HK units from escaping until the demolitions charges were prepared.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Ventessel
03.03.2013 , 05:08 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Very true, and in a space battle, G0-T0 could easily tell spacers and smugglers to defend their planet, and give himself some allies. Granted, they may not be amazing, but allies are allies. Through stealth, I don't see a way. G0-T0 need only stay on his yacht, and he is pretty much safe. He can move it if need be as well. The Sith assassins would have a tough time without the opponents force strength to feed of, and it would be basically impossible to find G0-T0 with the assassins PURELY. Traya might be able to somehow, but the assassins will have a tough time tracking him down on their own.
G0-T0 can tell the spacers and smugglers whatever he likes. You know what they're going to tell him?
"Piss off, ******!" ... or something of that nature. If a Sith warfleet attacks Nar Shadaa, no one is going to orchestrate a heroic defense of the planet, the smugglers are going to get the heck out of dodge as fast as they can jump to lightspeed.

Infiltrating the smuggler's moon via assassins would probably be slightly more challenging than taking candy from a baby, but not by much. After all, it's the place to hide when you're on the run from anyone. There are no authorities, no rules, and thousands of sites to land. G0-T0 doesn't have any control there, except in the sectors controlled by the Exchange. Even then, it's control by proxy. His minions (Visquis, that other guy in the JekkJekk Tar) are constantly plotting to overthrow him. G0-T0 has only attached himself to the Exchange, he doesn't really control much himself aside from his droids, which are really just signal relays for him to track Vogga's fuel freighters (which he tags before they leave the docks).
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

GarfieldJL
03.04.2013 , 02:06 PM | #170
Well not quite, if I recall correctly the HK-50 droids didn't notice HK-47 had entered the base until he got to the Manufacturing Plant itself. The HK's don't 'own' the bunker and therefore have no control of its systems. But lets say they do, all the assassins really need to do is keep the HK's busy long enough to get a large portion of Traya's army through the door. Not that they will all rush the HK factory, they might open the hangar doors so ships can fly through, and deactive gas vents etc. remember were talking about the base, not the plant here, that the HK's don't have a presence in the base. And concerning mines, that way the HK's will simply blow up the factory themselves. In 'the real world' you can't just set mines in corridors etc. without doing damage to the corridor itself and other systems like you can in-game.

About the MSG, she didn't do it because she had no reason too. The Jedi did not know of her location on Malachor V, they did not even know the nature of their attackers. There was literally nobody that could oppose her, also it wouldn't disable the MSG completely, just make it harder to reactivate. And if the HK's destroy the entrance to the factory, they can't get out...
Ben, it could be that HK-47 was able to gain entrance to the HK Droid Factory partially because he was an HK droid...

In fact until HK-47 had some reprogramming, HK-47 couldn't really attack any HK-50 unit, and the HK-50 units couldn't attack HK-47 either.

The sith assassins are organic meatbags, they are not droids, let alone HK droids... It's rather unlikely that they could gain access to the factory using stealth, it's more likely they would have to force the door.

Also as far as assassins tracking down G0-T0, I really don't see it being plausible. Traya's assassins are trained to hunt force users, not hunt down a droid. If nothing else, G0-T0 can go get himself a new body and really throw the assassins for a loop. All they can tell is if something is a droid, without any distinguishing exterior characteristics, they have absolutely no way to track down G0-T0.