Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter Heat Solution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty Hunter Heat Solution

cshanno
02.28.2013 , 08:34 PM | #1
I'm not sure if any posts similar to this have been created, but I have an idea that would eliminate bounty hunter heat problems. When you use Recharge and Reload, the animation is of your bounty hunter venting heat via flame thrower. Does it not make sense that the Flame Thrower skill should not only be an aoe damage ability, but also double as a channeled heat-venting ability? This would be a great way to maintain heat which is by far the hardest source to manage. As far as Bodyguard Mercenaries go, we only have 1 way to instantly deplete some of our heat, and it is on a 2 min cooldown. Operatives have stim boost, crits from scanning, and their immediate energy regain ability also on a 2 min cooldown. Any thoughts?

cidbahamut
03.01.2013 , 03:15 PM | #2
I'd imagine a flamethrower generates heat, not the other way around.

Xaldynn
03.01.2013 , 03:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cshanno View Post
Does it not make sense that the Flame Thrower skill should not only be an aoe damage ability
Flamethrower kind of already IS an AoE ability..

it hits all targets in its range with damage AND (as long as you stay in place) you can turn yourself around and light every mob around you on fire..

an AoE trait if I ever saw one.
Zéphyros Korrvo Xaldynn Corrvo
Kόrrvo Kúgo Stárrk Cόrrvo
Guild Leader For:
Order of Silence & Disciples of Ragnos

cshanno
03.01.2013 , 04:13 PM | #4
Im not saying it already isnt. Im saying it should not only be this but ALSO the aforementioned.

DarkForster
03.02.2013 , 12:30 AM | #5
It's a issue on PTS 2.0 update as it sits.

Stressfire
03.02.2013 , 03:46 PM | #6
It's not just your play style you need to look at if you are overheating.

Specced as Arsenal, I can easily keep heat below 60%ish just using Tracer a lot + rail shot and Unload. Can even throw a missile blast in there every so often.

Bodyguard, however, the demands are a little different - spamming Scans can generate a lot of heat. If you are having to do this with a group, it may be them - under geared, dps biting off more than they can chew, under lvl for an FP, etc.

Then again, you may want to do a gear check of yourself. I.E. are you stacking to right stats to get the most out of your Scans?

But, the idea of an extra method by which to dump some heat is not a bad one. That 2 min CD really can be the suck when the fit hits the shan

Pharohsa
03.06.2013 , 02:35 AM | #7
Looking at the new Talent tree, I saw 5 talents that vent heat, then I stopped counting. SO, if you are overheating a lot, I would think that either you are still below level 20, or you are not managing your heat well. You may need to modify your attack rotation.

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 11:34 AM | #8
Splice in some rapidshots after a powershot or tracer. You'll find that extra two GCD's that encapsulate them will usually lower your heat by 6-8 points.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

JimmyTheCannon
03.06.2013 , 11:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pharohsa View Post
Looking at the new Talent tree, I saw 5 talents that vent heat, then I stopped counting. SO, if you are overheating a lot, I would think that either you are still below level 20, or you are not managing your heat well. You may need to modify your attack rotation.
If you're talking about on 2.0, there's major heat issues due to Rail Shot now costing 10 heat instead of being free.

Vidfinnx
04.12.2013 , 10:18 PM | #10
Rofl lets lower the armor penetration and raise the heat cost. Yay for making bounty hunters less feared. I guess there's
Not enough glowbat users out there, they want more i guess. Thanks for ruining my first character at level 49 bioware wtg