Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jarjarloves
03.01.2013 , 10:30 PM | #1261
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Once again a touching scene where one supports the other. While it is touching and full of the dramatic appeal of so many Hollywood films, I would hope that you Mr. Brooks, the bright and wonderful professional that you profess to be, could be so kind and honest to continue our disussion in a more respectful way that a person of your stature would surely desire -- over these highschool adhominim attacks.

Shall we continue Mr. Brooks?
you are the only one claiming 1.5 million have left swtor

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=swtor+loses+1.5+million

unless you have an actual link please stop spreading lies or I will have to report you for spam.

Sithcreep
03.02.2013 , 09:33 AM | #1262
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
The internet is not a perfect beast I am afraid, and whilst the issue may not be at the user end it can be beyond there control, this is also why most games have different servers in different areas.

If a player has issues on one server doesnt mean he will have the same issue on another.

The blue post in this thread sums it up well
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...818461?page=16

Quoted - There are thousands of things that can cause disconnection. What resolves the issue for one person may not work for someone else.
What do you mean by different server like another region or shall I encounter different latency in the same region just a different server? That would be interesting fix ofc

To my good friend Mr. Owen Brooks,

1. How come many other people (as seen in the many threads and posts on the issue) from all around the world using many many different ISP's are having the EXACT SAME problem? Note: Im not talking about a little lag (as you suggest by posting those links above), im talking about the EXACT SAME issue here.

2. Do you really believe all of us should contact hundreds of different carriers and ask them if they will reroute our signal so we can play SWTOR as you and CS has repeatedly asked us to do?

3. How come this same pool of people report that they have NO MAJOR issues with any of other MMO's they play? Note: Again, im not talking about having an issue from time to time here. Im talking about this issue where this game has become unplayable for many people using many different ISP's and we are all reporting the exact same problem.

4. How come I can be playing EvE, WoW, Rift, Aion, STO, and Champions Online without a major issue, yet my wife in the same room playing SWTOR at the EXACT SAME TIME as im playing one of those titles above, drops constantly, either to the desktop or to a neverending loadscreen?

That's it sir. The 4 questions that should be very easy for a man of your knowledge and stature to be able to explain to those of us that are represented in the many threads about this subject.

I respectfully await you honest and truthfull reply...
Thx, agreed!
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Panda ??? who is this Panda U speak of Carl.

Missandei
03.02.2013 , 11:59 AM | #1263
it is not the ISP issue (routing, rerouting etc..)

It is something in the client that make it behave to disconnect.
Example:
I have sudden freeze of environment - all npc and target stop doing anything and my lag meter go to the red «_» and after NO MORE than ~4-5 seconds goes to «X»..
After another 5(!) seconds the «X» is still there but environment is unfreezes and for a ~3 seconds i have chat filling with new messages, the mobs and other players start running around, i can see how i take/deal damage.. and after 3-4 seconds of such activity I DC to the server list.

and my question is - WHY?
WHY i DC to the Server list if it is clearly that i have the connection restored regardless whatever caused it to delay for 10seconds?
It is clearly the Client issue.

Yes, i have a rare ISP issues that causing a DC from time to time.. But when it is ISP fault - i have a «solid» DC - my game environment freeze and after ~20sec i DC WITHOUT any «unfreezes» at the last 2-3 sec.. I just forwarded to the Server List...
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Leafy_Bug
03.02.2013 , 12:05 PM | #1264
Look at the brightside !!! The random crash to desktop with no error message is a BioWare feature to clear up the hogged RAM !!!

Klarick
03.02.2013 , 01:22 PM | #1265
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
Thx, agreed!
You're very welcome kind friend. Sometimes the 'curtain must be ripped away from the wizard', so others may see the truth.

Unfortunatly, as I have proven here, we probably will never get the truth or an honest answer that directly answers those 4 questions. At least I got the wizard to at least admit that server location could be an issue. For now that's a start.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

jarjarloves
03.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #1266
You're very welcome kind friend. Sometimes the 'curtain must be ripped away from the wizard', so others may see the truth.

Unfortunatly, as I have proven here, we probably will never get the truth or an honest answer that directly answers those 4 questions. At least I got the wizard to at least admit that server location could be an issue. For now that's a start.
I have proved you lied about the 1.5 million
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=swtor+loses+1.5+million

I hope others see the truth about you now.

1.how come hundreds of thousands of players can play the game with out lag or a single crash? Only a small percentage of people have crash to desktop.

2. People playing EvE, WoW, Rift, Aion, STO, and Champions Online have crash to desktops so does that mean those games are having the same problem? or does it mean that it is the persons computer having the problem?]

3. How come people using the SAME IPs that the people who are having crashes have no problems what so ever?

4. A search through google show no story what so ever saying that 1.5 million people have left SWTOR. Why did you feel the need to make up such a story?
Answer these 4 questions should be very easy for a man of your expertise to answer for those of us that are reading your posts.

I respectfully await you honest and truthfull reply...

Witnezz
03.02.2013 , 01:52 PM | #1267
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings all,

Thanks for contacting us.

There's a few details that I'd like you to provide us with.
  • Server
  • ISP
Server - All of them

ISP - Irrelevant - Its you not us

Location - Everywhere
--== 1020 ==--
--= 367 =--
--=111111=--

Klarick
03.02.2013 , 01:56 PM | #1268
Quote: Originally Posted by Witnezz View Post
Server - All of them

Location - Everywhere
Outstanding Witnezz! A pure 10/10. Your simple demonstration of truth and logic sums up the entire issue perfectly and I thank you for posting.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

jarjarloves
03.02.2013 , 02:01 PM | #1269
Quote: Originally Posted by Witnezz View Post
Server - All of them

Location - Everywhere
incorrect it's your computer. Perhaps you should properly maintain your computer or upgrade it so you will not have this problem

jarjarloves
03.02.2013 , 02:01 PM | #1270
Outstanding Witnezz! A pure 10/10. Your simple demonstration of truth and logic sums up the entire issue perfectly and I thank you for posting.
please answer the follwing 4 questions

1.how come hundreds of thousands of players can play the game with out lag or a single crash? Only a small percentage of people have crash to desktop.

2. People playing EvE, WoW, Rift, Aion, STO, and Champions Online have crash to desktops so does that mean those games are having the same problem? or does it mean that it is the persons computer having the problem?]

3. How come people using the SAME IPs that the people who are having crashes have no problems what so ever?

4. A search through google show no story what so ever saying that 1.5 million people have left SWTOR. Why did you feel the need to make up such a story?
Answer these 4 questions should be very easy for a man of your expertise to answer for those of us that are reading your posts.

I respectfully await you honest and truthfull reply.