Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Selenial
03.02.2013 , 06:33 AM | #1
I'm conflicted about this episode,
The ending was predictable yes, but the storyline and conversation between Anakin and Ahsoka were incredible....
I'm hoping season 6 does happen, but I'm scared, a reviewer of TCW episodes was told that if we want season 6.... Now is the time to make a racket. Not the announcements in march.
I think we're going to see Ashoka back, and we might see her as a knight, or she could also be a general in the republic whilst not being a Jedi. I think if season 6 doesn't come, she'll stay rogue, hell we might even see her return in episode 7, that would be pretty cool ^^

I was a little upset that it was barris, and her line about "I think they (red sabers) suit me" made my skin crawl, that's not why she did it, she's not a dark Jedi, she thinks she is following the light so she would not wish to wield red sabers... Her speech however made up for it, it was very moving, almost as much as Anakin/Ahsoka

Season 6 could not come fast enough... :L
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
03.02.2013 , 07:25 AM | #2
Removed :P

Still no confirmation on wether real or not, but until it is I see no point having this list here.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Harlequintwo
03.02.2013 , 07:54 AM | #3
I expected it to be Barris after the fight in the warehouse, but didn't really expect this ending. How are they going to weave stories with her when she's not technically part of the Republic Army/Jedi Order any more? Unless of course, the Separatists play an even smaller role in the coming Season 6. This actually sounds likely considering the episode names you've provided (cheers for that), as they sound very Sith-y talking about Dark Lord, Korriban and the Death Star.

Back onto the episode, I too cringed a bit at the red sabers thing, but maybe she was referring more to the style of the hilts, or the fact that red is a far a colour as you can get from the current Jedi Order (which she despises). In any case, it doesn't matter. She was done for ever since the guards spotted them fighting, with the death warrant stamped when the younglings and everyone else saw the fight. An interesting twist to the character, but one which others could see from the start of the arc. My only other question is what're they going to do with Ventress? Fighting with pipes is comical, but a grand villain it does not make.

Selenial
03.02.2013 , 08:07 AM | #4
Indeed, this episode raises too many questions for it to be the last...
What happens to barris?
Will she die?
Exile?
Imprisonment?

Ventress?
Does she steal her sabers back?
Does she get her promise of forgiveness?
Did Ashoka remember to ask the Jedi?
Does she stay a bounty hunter?

Does Ashoka remain a crucial element of TCW?
Will dooku attempt to turn her?
Will Anakin try get her back?
Does she know about Anakin and Padme? Their discussion at the end makes me think she might...

What will the council do?
Will they make any attempt to reconcile with Ahsoka?

Will Maul return in season 6?
Does palpatines vision for him come in this season?

Too many questions... It can't end here

SNCommand
03.02.2013 , 08:17 AM | #5
I thought it was a great episode, now it's just the issue that I want to know what happens from here, will Barriss remain captured? Where does Ahsoka end up? She would have to either come back, stay independent trying to help from there, or she might even end up having to join the Separatists.

And personally I liked Barriss's comment about her preference for Ventress's lightsabers, I don't think she views them as Sith weapons as much as she perceive them as anti jedi order, it might also be that she likes the dual wielding style, she seems very proficient in its use
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Eillack
03.02.2013 , 09:03 AM | #6
The last few minutes were pretty much the best ones in the entire series.

We are now rid of her...fow now at least. She's turning into the female Zayne Carrick it seems though...

And also what I found ok, but iffy...

Spoiler

What I loved..

Spoiler

Then there was the..

Spoiler

But yeah...it was beyond predictable (the fatal flaw of this series) of what was going to happen at the hearing...I really wish this show made a surprising event for once in awhile.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Ramaral
03.02.2013 , 09:25 AM | #7
I think it was the Padme thing, I personally think this was the right direction for the show. Anakin showed more of his darkside and while i detested Ahsoka, she has grown on me as the series has progressed and now I actually like her. This is the most plausible way to have her avoid order 66 and it can set her up to be an exile ala' obi wan that can potentiall have a big impact on episode 7. I am most definitely looking forward to season 6.

If they bring back the plot following shortly after jedi, she has potential to be lukes new teacher.
Warstalker Cronous Lightbringer
- Sentinel -
Vice Guildmaster of Undercon

Eillack
03.02.2013 , 09:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramaral View Post
I think it was the Padme thing, I personally think this was the right direction for the show. Anakin showed more of his darkside and while i detested Ahsoka, she has grown on me as the series has progressed and now I actually like her. This is the most plausible way to have her avoid order 66 and it can set her up to be an exile ala' obi wan that can potentiall have a big impact on episode 7. I am most definitely looking forward to season 6.

If they bring back the plot following shortly after jedi, she has potential to be lukes new teacher.
You new around these parts? Not sure if serious....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Daeus
03.02.2013 , 10:00 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
For anyone wondering, this is the apparent episode list:
(No descriptions, just names)
Spoiler
Fake fake fake

Vepariga
03.02.2013 , 10:02 AM | #10
Amazing episode and very moving ending. I loved it.

So fantastic was the dialogue between Anakin and Ahsoka, I could feel the pain they felt.

The fight with Barris was also awesome.

So many questions left unanswered which will probably be answered in Season 6.

but for a finale...I feel..sad,but amazed at what I just watched.
== Dark Lord of the Sith and Proud member of the 501st Legion ==
"For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is."