Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Accuracy?


DarthZak's Avatar


DarthZak
02.26.2013 , 03:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Death field, yes, DoT's - don't think so.

I didn't see anything about defense working against force/tech, just shield working on weapon/energy/force/tech damage (not internal and elemental)

editfcourse, I forgot about internal/elemental resitance (since it's so bloody rare)
DoT's can in fact miss
Here's a log with 104% (base+4% tree/comp) http://www.torparse.com/a/141837
Here's a log with 108% http://www.torparse.com/a/144114
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
03.01.2013 , 07:50 PM | #12
Accuracy is not redundant at all. Every class has a base defense of 5% with the exception of sorc having a base of 10% and sniper having a base of 20% while in cover and tanks which may have more based upon their spec.

While that 5% may not seem like much with 101% accuracy that gives you a 4% chance to miss any given target. Even more so dots contrary to belief are affected by accuracy. If a sniper hits you with diversion ( a marksmen tree debuff that lowers accuracy) you will notice that your dots will start to miss, even if you applied them before the accuracy debuff.

Whether or not it is worthwhile to gear for a moderate amount of accuracy is debatable but the stat is far from redundant
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
03.01.2013 , 08:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
DoT's can in fact miss
Here's a log with 104% (base+4% tree/comp) http://www.torparse.com/a/141837
Here's a log with 108% http://www.torparse.com/a/144114
This.....
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
03.02.2013 , 06:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Accuracy is not redundant at all. Every class has a base defense of 5% with the exception of sorc having a base of 10% and sniper having a base of 20% while in cover and tanks which may have more based upon their spec.

While that 5% may not seem like much with 101% accuracy that gives you a 4% chance to miss any given target. Even more so dots contrary to belief are affected by accuracy. If a sniper hits you with diversion ( a marksmen tree debuff that lowers accuracy) you will notice that your dots will start to miss, even if you applied them before the accuracy debuff.

Whether or not it is worthwhile to gear for a moderate amount of accuracy is debatable but the stat is far from redundant
Force and tech, player wise, is not countered by defense, but by the resistance %, which is still unnaffected by defense on the pts.

Your statement hold true for all class, but not sorc. The 2,0 change is for now a PvE only one as far as acc is concerned. Your kinetic/energy force attacks can be shielded, but thats shield rolling.

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
03.03.2013 , 10:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
hold true for all class, but not sorc.
Although, technically it is possible (well it would be incredibly dumb thing to do, but still possible) for a sorcerer to just run in and start hitting their opponent with their lightsaber, in which case the said defense chances would apply even against sorcerer.

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
03.03.2013 , 05:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Although, technically it is possible (well it would be incredibly dumb thing to do, but still possible) for a sorcerer to just run in and start hitting their opponent with their lightsaber, in which case the said defense chances would apply even against sorcerer.
Sorry didn't think I needed to consider that statstick can land hits.

Why don't we stack strenght too at that point


But fact is, acc is uneeded on your pvp gear as a sorc right now.

We'll see how that change.